Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Re: Bucks named "potential suitor" for Millsap 

Post#61 » by BucksFanSD » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:48 pm

H2tObes wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
DrugBust wrote:You guys good giving Millsap $12 million or more? Part of the reason I like Ersan more than Millsap for this team is he's paid reasonably as a 3rd big man. I'd keep that in mind given we're likely going to give that kind of money to Henson if he's the guy he looks to be.

No way. Is Milsap even a better player 2-3 years from now than Henson or Sanders?

Larry is probably a more impactful player than Millsap right now...Henson will also surely be a starter in 2-3 years and that means we'd be paying a backup 12 million.

No thanks.

We need offense at the PF spot next to Larry at center. Until then we will always be the Bucks.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#62 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:54 pm

weezybaby856 wrote:
My actual ideal lineup would be moving Jennings and Monta out and revamping with Bledsoe, Hayward and Milsap.

Bledsoe, Hayward, Milsap, Henson, Sanders looks like a winner to me.

Bledsoe, Hayward, Milsap, Henson, Sanders... keep Dunleavy, Udrih, Lamb, Moute and Udoh as the 2nd unit. Jennings, Monta, Ersan, Dalembert and Gooden should be enough to land us Bledsoe, Hayward and Milsap.

Yeah, I be pretty happy if we could add Bledsoe, Milsap and Hayward to what we've got.

Hard to be a Bucks fan when you know how close we are to being able to get much better long term assets in a blowup versus hanging on to what we have for those 41 wins.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#63 » by H2tObes » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:59 pm

BucksFanSD wrote:
H2tObes wrote:
JayMKE wrote:No way. Is Milsap even a better player 2-3 years from now than Henson or Sanders?

Larry is probably a more impactful player than Millsap right now...Henson will also surely be a starter in 2-3 years and that means we'd be paying a backup 12 million.

No thanks.

We need offense at the PF spot next to Larry at center. Until then we will always be the Bucks.

That's why we should roll with Ersan, he'll get it going. He is slowly improving as the season go's on. When Henson has a few years under his belt our frontcourt will be a force, I'm not interested in breaking it up
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#64 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:07 pm

DrugBust wrote:You guys good giving Millsap $12 million or more? Part of the reason I like Ersan more than Millsap for this team is he's paid reasonably as a 3rd big man. I'd keep that in mind given we're likely going to give that kind of money to Henson if he's the guy he looks to be.

I think Millsap is a legit starting power forward. I think he gives us a top 10 guy at his position. He would be our clear cut starter. I think 4 million a year is easily worth the differential you get from the players, especially if Ersan's consistency issues continue. I'd have to think we'd get Millsap for 4 years, right around the time we'd be extending Henson so that isn't an issue for me.

The issue for me starts in when you think Henson is a 30 minute a night guy. If you think that's next season, don't go for Millsap or Gasol. If it's 3-4 years from now, I'll take Millsap and figure out how to move him when that time comes like Utah is doing now with how Favors is now backing him up. With that said, if you think Henson is that 30 minute a night guy next season, I don't see the point in keeping an overpaid backup like Ersan either.

Personally, I think Ersan is overpaid for our situation. If we were a 48-50 win team, I think you can sign a guy like Ersan to be a backup. When you are a .500 team with no real options to advance moving forward (draft/free agency), paying a guy who can only play one position and plays as inconsistent as Ersan just doesn't make sense to me. Right now he kind of fits because we really have no real starter. Henson isn't ready and Udoh sure isn't a starter. Ersan is the closest thing we have, but if you get a guy who is a true starter (whether that be Henson or Millsap), Ersan is an overpaid backup.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
BucksFanSD
Veteran

Post#65 » by BucksFanSD » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:17 pm

H2tObes wrote:That's why we should roll with Ersan, he'll get it going. He is slowly improving as the season go's on. When Henson has a few years under his belt our frontcourt will be a force, I'm not interested in breaking it up

I hope Ersan gets it going. I'm pulling for him big time. I don't like seeing him with no confidence out there and the Bucks struggle because of it.
RickInCali
Junior
And1: 1

Post#66 » by RickInCali » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:33 pm

Imagine you are the GM. You trade Ellis for Millsap's expiring and he leaves. You have traded Bogut for Udoh and cap space. You are basically (Please Use More Appropriate Word). For the people who say "keep Dunleavy": You have a depreciating asset who is a defensive liability who will play a diminishing role with diminishing effectiveness, because of age AND he is going to get a significant raise. Why would you not sell high on him now?

There are not a lot of even medium quality 2's available. Watch and see how much Mayo is going to get this summer. Ellis isn't playing like he is wanting to stay and I have no doubt the fix is in where he has a promise from someone. We had better be players at the deadline.....I don't claim to know exactly what to do, but I'd get something for those 2 in particular if I were in charge, and it wouldn't involve Ersan.
We all need hope, but hope is not a plan.
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Post#67 » by LedZepp007 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:37 pm

JayMKE wrote:
BucksFanSD wrote:
ampd wrote:Utah already has 4 PFs that need minutes. Seems unlikely they want 2 more.

They'd probably take Jennings for him.

Nets are also interested in dealing soon and are looking at PFs. Maybe a 3 way deal. Nets are rumored in both Ersan and Millsap.

The Nets literally have nothing of value on their roster as far as trade chips besides MarSWAG Brooks.

Totally agree. Crap roster.
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
BucksFanSD
Veteran

Post#68 » by BucksFanSD » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:42 pm

If Henson turns out to become Tim Duncan and Larry Sanders turns out to become David Robinson then we can always trade Millsap. I wouldn't worry about congestion. Henson's on his rookie contract.

What I worry about is us having the same-type bigs (i.e. our bigs that don't bring offense), and bigs that are not progressing (i.e. Udoh and Ersan).
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#69 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:43 pm

RickInCali wrote:I
Ellis isn't playing like he is wanting to stay and I have no doubt the fix is in where he has a promise from someone.

Really?
RickInCali
Junior

Post#70 » by RickInCali » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:50 pm

CanadaBucks wrote:
Ellis isn't playing like he is wanting to stay and I have no doubt the fix is in where he has a promise from someone.

Really?

Does it really make sense to you that his agent would leave that to chance? Do you really think the guy wants to be in Milwaukee? Whatever his deficiencies, would he not be the best 2 available? The answers are self-evident to me.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#71 » by CanadaBucks » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:15 am

RickInCali wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote:

Really?

Does it really make sense to you that his agent would leave that to chance? Do you really think the guy wants to be in Milwaukee? Whatever his deficiencies, would he not be the best 2 available? The answers are self-evident to me.

I'd be shocked if he had a promise from anyone and even more shocked if he played like crap on purpose. He's trying here just not playing well(understatement alert) but I have no doubt he is trying to win.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,408

Post#72 » by -Jragon- » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:35 am

Trade Jennings and Ersan for Millsap instead. Ellis has a proven skill as a slasher/playmaker while Jennings just shows flashes at times. Still get back Burks if you can.. add our 2nd rounder if you have to.
RickInCali
Junior

Post#73 » by RickInCali » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:12 am

I think you misunderstand me. I don't think Ellis is trying to play badly. He seems disinterested and definitely not "buying in to the program" whatever that may be. I postulate that he has something in place, or he is simply biding his time before he goes all "black hole" in trying to improve his odds of landing a longer-term deal elsewhere. My point is that I don't see how on earth a GM can risk letting him go for nothing, making his biggest move turn into Bogut for Udoh. That is career suicide imho.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,888

Post#74 » by BUCKnation » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:25 am

BucksFanSD wrote:

I think he would get something per year similar to Ersan's contract, which is $9 million/year.

If we're trading Ersan then that money becomes available.

Agreed. Give him a 3 to 4 year deal, and by the time Henson hopefully can take his spot, he becomes a pretty valuable expiring.

If we got Millsap for an Ellis package, Id be calling anyone with a good SG to see if they want Ersan.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,742

Post#75 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:29 am

I think you guys are dreaming if you think Millsap won't get the max amount of years allowed and a minimum of $10 million annually.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#76 » by ampd » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:36 am

DrugBust wrote:I think you guys are dreaming if you think Millsap won't get the max amount of years allowed and a minimum of $10 million annually.

We'd almost definitely have to overpay to have a chance at keeping him. 4/50 would probably be our price if its 4/40 for everyone else
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,348

Post#77 » by ackypoo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:48 am

DrugBust wrote:I think you guys are dreaming if you think Millsap won't get the max amount of years allowed and a minimum of $10 million annually.

agreed
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#78 » by H2tObes » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:49 am

We have a lot of cap room, but we'd really need to move Ellis, Ersan, and some other junk. Not to mention Henson could be a better player in a few years, making him an extremely expensive backup.
BucksFanSD
Veteran

Post#79 » by BucksFanSD » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:28 am

H2tObes wrote:We have a lot of cap room, but we'd really need to move Ellis, Ersan, and some other junk. Not to mention Henson could be a better player in a few years, making him an extremely expensive backup.

As it is now, Ersan will be Henson's expensive backup in a few years. Changng Millsap for Ersan is costing you probably only an extra million per year. I don't see why all the fuss.

Also, I am not so sure I see Larry and Henson averaging a combined 25+ ppg 2 or 3 years from now, if ever. You typically want 30 ppg from your front court starters. Else, it's the typical back court high-power offense style Bucks that annoys us all by making us live and die by the long jump shot against any given team. I am tired of living through that for most of the past decade.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,490

Post#80 » by JayMKE » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:30 am

Ersan's contract is completely guarantee iirc?
FREE GIANNIS

Return to Milwaukee Bucks