ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,970

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1301 » by Nyce_1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:24 am

http://is.gd/FxeJ91

A good article, by Denton, about Harkless and his progress.
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX 

Post#1302 » by arsenal6106 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:33 am

Nyce_1 wrote:http://is.gd/FxeJ91

A good article, by Denton, about Harkless and his progress.

Nice to know that the work ethic is there.

There is the new post-up game that he is working on before practice to add to his offensive arsenal. And in shooting drills he usually shadows guard J.J. Redick in an attempt to better his stroke from afar. Then, there are those moments when he uses those seemingly elastic arms to swat more and more shots as he better learns NBA personnel.

Harkless feels there is so much more to his game that he’s eager to show, but he’s forced to be patient because he is still in the infancy of his career and there are more advanced veteran players ahead of him. For now, he knows he has to bide his time.

We're going to have to be patient, but I can't wait till it all comes together.
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
arkknight1988
Assistant Coach
And1: 172

Post#1303 » by arkknight1988 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:09 am

BrettC03 wrote:
Cigamodnalro wrote:Agree. I also have a gut feeling that if we end up with a bottom-3 pick, we'd end up picking 4th or 5th because of some other team moving up.

I think we're most likely to fall in the 4-9 range, by the end of the year. Our last two months are absolutely brutal, but by that point a few of other "bad" teams will presumably be tanking and matching us record-wise.

A brutal late schedule combined with the possible trades of solid players like JJ could mean us getting into the top 3. Honestly, I think I'd take Noel to pair with Vuc. I think wing scorers are easier to come by. No matter how much I like Bazz/McLemore/Goodwin.

i've also thought of drafting noel, we need an athletic defensive presence inside. but what does that mean for nicholson becoming a starter? we already have a lot of young bigs. i'm confident hennigan will draft the best player available. i think he has his eye on carter williams, he seems to like tall lengthy players
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,068

Post#1304 » by bigdogdylan5 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:33 am

arkknight1988 wrote:
BrettC03 wrote:
Cigamodnalro wrote:Agree. I also have a gut feeling that if we end up with a bottom-3 pick, we'd end up picking 4th or 5th because of some other team moving up.

I think we're most likely to fall in the 4-9 range, by the end of the year. Our last two months are absolutely brutal, but by that point a few of other "bad" teams will presumably be tanking and matching us record-wise.

A brutal late schedule combined with the possible trades of solid players like JJ could mean us getting into the top 3. Honestly, I think I'd take Noel to pair with Vuc. I think wing scorers are easier to come by. No matter how much I like Bazz/McLemore/Goodwin.

i've also thought of drafting noel, we need an athletic defensive presence inside. but what does that mean for nicholson becoming a starter? we already have a lot of young bigs. i'm confident hennigan will draft the best player available. i think he has his eye on carter williams, he seems to like tall lengthy players

I love Carter-Williams and be exastatic if we get him to finally get rid of that midget PG we have running around would be a dream and I think he has the skills to be both a go to scorer and can dish the rock very effectively if we cant get him I would be very content with Mclemore or Goodwin I don't really like Shambazz seem him play and I don't like it
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz takes:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach

Post#1305 » by bigdogdylan5 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:37 am

I really cant see us drafting Noel unless we some how trade up for a second pick if he starts falling kinda like Drummond we have Nicholson at the 4 and Vuc will get better on defense we have big serious problems at getting a go to scorer we need that desperately why I am very for getting McLemore Carter-Williams or Goodwin
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#1306 » by magicman123 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:56 am

i would take a gamble on Carter-Williams if we had another late 1st round pick, wouldn't waste a lottery pick on him, its gonna be interesting to see where we land in the draft
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach

Post#1307 » by bigdogdylan5 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:23 am

magicman123 wrote:i would take a gamble on Carter-Williams if we had another late 1st round pick, wouldn't waste a lottery pick on him, its gonna be interesting to see where we land in the draft

He is projected as a top 5 pick so if we are gonna get him it would be with our pick this year. He reminds me a lot of Russell Westbrook he would be perfect player for us someone who can get to whole with athletism and still have decent passing skills to get it to our outside shooters (JJ if we keep him and Affalo) plus can get Nicholson and Vuc good looks at the basket. Westbrook had knocks coming in he had to get better as a shooter but we need a Rose Westbrook type for our offense to be successful and he could develop into that
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach

Post#1308 » by bigdogdylan5 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:26 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsM1MrPPfM4[/youtube]
a lot like Westbrook he is raw yes but if he can develop his shot he has the athletic ability to be a Westbrook or Rose type of PG
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach

Post#1309 » by bigdogdylan5 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:28 am

bigdogdylan5 wrote:
magicman123 wrote:i would take a gamble on Carter-Williams if we had another late 1st round pick, wouldn't waste a lottery pick on him, its gonna be interesting to see where we land in the draft

He is projected as a top 5 pick so if we are gonna get him it would be with our pick this year. He reminds me a lot of Russell Westbrook he would be perfect player for us someone who can get to whole with athletism and still have decent passing skills to get it to our outside shooters (JJ if we keep him and Affalo) plus can get Nicholson and Vuc good looks at the basket. Westbrook had knocks coming in he had to get better as a shooter but we need a Rose Westbrook type for our offense to be successful and he could develop into that
http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/res ... r-williams
this sounds like exactly what we need a go to scorer and creator
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#1310 » by glennathan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:30 pm

ESPN NBA - Grizzlies have agreed to multiplayer trade with the Cavs, slicing more than $6M of payroll, sources say

Speights and Selby to the Cavs
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#1311 » by Cigamodnalro » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:40 pm

glennathan wrote:ESPN NBA - Grizzlies have agreed to multiplayer trade with the Cavs, slicing more than $6M of payroll, sources say

And Ellington, and a protected 1st round pick. Cavs make out like total bandits.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#1312 » by Def Swami » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports
Sorry I've been missing. I'm dealing w/ a few life issues. But I'm working today and have a JUICY rumor to share with you all.
glennathan
Lead Assistant

Post#1313 » by glennathan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:36 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:
glennathan wrote:ESPN NBA - Grizzlies have agreed to multiplayer trade with the Cavs, slicing more than $6M of payroll, sources say

And Ellington, and a protected 1st round pick. Cavs make out like total bandits.

Ellington is having a good year so far and you are right. Cavs make out huge in this deal. Have a feeling with the new ownership we are going to see the Grizzlies of old shedding all talent for money saving.

glennathan
Lead Assistant

Post#1314 » by glennathan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:36 pm

VGOSWAMI wrote:
Sorry I've been missing. I'm dealing w/ a few life issues. But I'm working today and have a JUICY rumor to share with you all.

Would be funny if the JUICY rumor was the already announced grizzlies trade

Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#1315 » by Def Swami » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:03 pm

Dwightmare lives!!!
Jarrod N Rudolph
1 Like
The Brooklyn Nets are preparing to make another run at Dwight Howard, according to a source.
Playing in Brooklyn with Deron Williams and Joe Johnson was at the top of Howard’s list last summer and the Nets are convinced that the seven-time All-Star still has a strong desire to make the Barclays Center his home office. The Nets have played well under P.J. Carlesimo and feel like the addition of Howard could be the piece that gets them to the NBA Finals.

Brooklyn Nets general manager Billy King has kept a close eye on the struggling Lakers and quietly searched for a third team with an attractive piece that would help facilitate a trade that would deliver Howard to the Nets, according to sources.

The Lakers have struggled through injuries, a coaching change and a lack of chemistry this season. The team is currently 17-24 and facing the reality that missing the playoffs seems inevitable. The feeling out of Brooklyn is that Howard can be had for the right price because of the Lakers’ struggles and long-term commitment to a collection of pieces that just don’t seem to fit or compliment Howard’s assortment of skills.

The only missing element was a third team with an attractive piece that would force the Lakers to consider the future of the franchise and directly question Howard about the direction he’s leaning at this point of the season. King, according to sources, was confident that he had a trade proposal that was a perfect fit for all teams involved.

According to sources, King was planning to contact the Minnesota Timberwolves in order to gauge their interest in a three-team trade that would send Kevin Love to the Lakers, Brook Lopez to the Timberwolves and Dwight Howard to the Nets. Other small pieces would need to be included, but the proposed trade was thought to be intriguing enough to start conversations in the Lakers front office that would force them to deal with Howard earlier than planned.

That idea, however, was hurt when Love was sidelined 8-10 weeks with a broken hand. The Nets believed the Lakers would be interested in Love, but not an injured Love, even if they’re facing missing the playoffs, according to sources.

King will still look around for an attractive piece for the Lakers, but won’t make getting Howard as big a priority as last season, according to sources. But he will continue to watch the Lakers and explore intriguing trade options, sources said.
caseyw20021
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#1316 » by caseyw20021 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:08 pm

do you think this is a fair trade for both team the espn trade machine say orlando magic get 7 wins and the houston rockets get - 7 wins with it for Arron Afflalo and Glen Davis for James Harden and Patrick Patterson. and here what the nba trade checker says about it Orlando Magic Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +3.7 ppg, -2.2 rpg, and +1.6 apg and here what it say about the Rockets Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -3.7 ppg, +2.2 rpg, and -1.6 apg?

here is the 1 link for you http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6211047

and here is the 2 link for you http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bxjrh8b
ZeusIsLoose
Senior
And1: 234

Post#1317 » by ZeusIsLoose » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:22 pm

glennathan wrote:
VGOSWAMI wrote:

Would be funny if the JUICY rumor was the already announced grizzlies trade

Brook wants in on Dwight? Do they not see how much he sucks this year?
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,970

Post#1318 » by Nyce_1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:25 pm

ZeusIsLoose wrote:
glennathan wrote:

Brook wants in on Dwight? Do they not see how much he sucks this year?

They probably think if they get him to his #1 spot, he'll try with more effort cause he'll be happy.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#1319 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:30 pm

LOL Dwight at it again. Predictable. I bet the cried himself to sleep last nite.
aka: prorl
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#1320 » by MagicTownBaller » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:39 pm

Okay, I just looked up about Michael Carter-Williams and I really like this guy. He is a 6'6" PG that can pass the ball (Averaging over 9 assists), can rip the ball from other players (Averaging over 3 steals), and can dunk very hard. Reminds me a lot of my MyPLAYER on NBA 2K13.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)

Return to Orlando Magic