ImageImage

ATL: KG Barks, Melo cries, Knicks hire spies.

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Re: ATL: KG Barks, Melo cries, Knicks hire spies. 

Post#261 » by jeremyd236 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:35 pm

The horrible misuse of Gasol last night basically confirms that Ersan should be enough to get Gasol if that's what Hammond wants to do. Gasol was standing out on the three point line more than I'd ever personally have him (he's a legit 7 footer with skills). Ersan can perform that duty a lot better than Gasol, if Dantoni wants that out of his PF. Throw in Dalembert so they get the backup C they want.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#262 » by Badgerlander » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:52 pm

tski1972 wrote:Jon Leuer is on his way to being the most traded player in NBA history.

Now that Hollinger has him I doubt he lets him go anywhere again
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#263 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:01 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:
Their entire plan is a complete pipe dream.

Neither Dwight nor Chris Paul is leaving LA for Atlanta.

For one, nobody knows. Secondly, Atlanta is going to try, that is why they are currently holding the most cap space in the NBA. They aren't jeopardizing that in a year they aren't contending to add Pau and $19M on their cap. They currently can offer two max deals.

Also, both Paul and Howard are from the area, so it's not like it has zero chance of happening.

Worked out great for the Mavs.

Deron Williams is from Dallas.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#264 » by Badgerlander » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:02 pm

http://sulia.com/jrudolphsports/f/4bff5 ... f01f456e20
According to sources, King was planning to contact the Minnesota Timberwolves in order to gauge their interest in a three-team trade that would send Kevin Love to the Lakers, Brook Lopez to the Timberwolves and Dwight Howard to the Nets. Other small pieces would need to be included, but the proposed trade was thought to be intriguing enough to start conversations in the Lakers front office that would force them to deal with Howard earlier than planned.

That idea, however, was hurt when Love was sidelined 8-10 weeks with a broken hand. The Nets believed the Lakers would be interested in Love, but not an injured Love, even if they’re facing missing the playoffs, according to sources.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#265 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:03 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:

What?

What does the Mavs situation have to do with the Hawks? Do you honestly think the Hawks are going to add $19M of Gasol for next year over at least trying to make a big splash? Why in the world would they do that?
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#266 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:03 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:I forsee a Pau Gasol & Josh Smith swap going down between Hawks & Lakers......Lakers are going to get some deal that will be much better than our Monta Ellis/Ersan offer.......Josh has been pining to play with Howard for years...they are good buddies.

I think Monta/Ersan is better than Josh Smith personally.

Also hearing a lot of media buzz the last 24 hours thinking the Lakers should trade Dwight and nab assets for him.

Lopez/Tele for Howard?
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#267 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:03 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Get pissed when I see moves like this. Bucks should be doing things like this, but instead we bring in penisbags like Stephen Jackson, Maggette, and move back in the draft. Just your daily reminder that the Bucks are a **** of a franchise.

:lol:

First time I've ever seen this word and its instantly my new favorite. Thank you so much.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#268 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:15 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Get pissed when I see moves like this. Bucks should be doing things like this, but instead we bring in penisbags like Stephen Jackson, Maggette, and move back in the draft. Just your daily reminder that the Bucks are a **** of a franchise.

:lol:

First time I've ever seen this word and its instantly my new favorite. Thank you so much.

Do it for Chuck
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#269 » by CanadaBucks » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:25 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:
Their entire plan is a complete pipe dream.

Neither Dwight nor Chris Paul is leaving LA for Atlanta.

For one, nobody knows. Secondly, Atlanta is going to try, that is why they are currently holding the most cap space in the NBA. They aren't jeopardizing that in a year they aren't contending to add Pau and $19M on their cap. They currently can offer two max deals.

Also, both Paul and Howard are from the area, so it's not like it has zero chance of happening.

Actually the way DWill's playing maybe it did work out great. Not sure if he'w worth the max
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 75

Post#270 » by gbmb34 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:47 pm

Paul is from NC.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#271 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:52 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:

What?

What does the Mavs situation have to do with the Hawks? Do you honestly think the Hawks are going to add $19M of Gasol for next year over at least trying to make a big splash? Why in the world would they do that?

Cap space.

Waiting & hoping for Deron Williams and Dwight Howard.

How are you not seeing the parallels?

Why would they take on $19M of Pau Gasol?

Because Josh Smith is going to walk this summer and they will be left with nothing when they fail to convince Dwight or Paul to leave money on the table to come to the Atlanta Hawks.

Pau Gasol is still considered an elite big men by people in this league (not on this forum though) and acquiring him would give them a shot to contend in the east.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#272 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:59 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
Cap space.

Waiting & hoping for Deron Williams and Dwight Howard.

How are you not seeing the parallels?

Why would they take on $19M of Pau Gasol?

Because Josh Smith is going to walk this summer and they will be left with nothing when they fail to convince Dwight or Paul to leave money on the table to come to the Atlanta Hawks.

Pau Gasol is still considered an elite big men by people in this league (not on this forum though) and acquiring him would give them a shot to contend in the east.

For one, the Hawks are not a contender for the East with Gasol. That would put them slightly better than the position they are in now. They would still be hurting badly at PG, SG, and SF. Horford/Gasol is good, but they are projecting to be around a .500 team with Smith/Horford. It's not a contender with Pau.

If you fully believe that tying up $19M in Pau is a better option than going for a huge big long-term strike in FA, regardless of the fact you could strike out, I'm going to disagree strongly with that. It's much better to attempt to be great than it is to know you'll be mediocre or in the 45 win range.

You can disagree all you want, but that is what ATL is attempting to do, via Ferry himself. What sense would it make to clear JJ, Marvin, buyout a few contracts, then go right back and add massive salary with 32/33 year old Gasol, to a roster that is not ready to contend?
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#273 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:25 pm

A bird in hand is worth more than 2 in the bush is what I'm saying.

There aren't any better frontcourts than Horford/Gasol in the east.

With the rest of the cap space they can go out and get help at need positions and make a run next year.

You think Dwight Howard & Chris Paul are each going to leave roughly $30M on the table to join the illustrious and storied Atlanta Hawks organization?

I'm going to have to disagree with that.

If Dwight Howard & Josh Smith are best buds....and I know they are....why would Howard go there when Josh Smith has wanted out for years?
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#274 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:35 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:A bird in hand is worth more than 2 in the bush is what I'm saying.

There aren't any better frontcourts than Horford/Gasol in the east.

With the rest of the cap space they can go out and get help at need positions and make a run next year.

You think Dwight Howard & Chris Paul are each going to leave roughly $30M on the table to join the illustrious and storied Atlanta Hawks organization?

I'm going to have to disagree with that.

If Dwight Howard & Josh Smith are best buds....and I know they are....why would Howard go there when Josh Smith has wanted out for years?

There is no way a Gasol in hand is worth more than Paul/Dwight in the bush. None.

Nobody is debating it very well may not happen that both sign there, or even that it is greater than 50/50. But that's not the point of the debate. The point is intention of Atlanta's moves. Trust me when I say they aren't moving Smith for Pau. If they did, they would be completely reversing their plan in less than one years time. If they do strike out on Paul/Howard, they can still save cap space or add other players. It's not like 33 year old Gasol is the top guy out there.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#275 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:55 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66eyKCE6oeU[/youtube]
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#276 » by emunney » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Lol.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#277 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:32 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... frontation

Wonder what the hell it could be about.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#278 » by step3profit » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:43 am

Irving trying to lock up bj's Allstar spot. 19 in the early 1st quarter vs Boston.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,429

Post#279 » by blazza18 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:19 am

I love me some Aussie Kyrie.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#280 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:59 am

Kyrie with 40 points to beat the Celtics.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks