Lopez-Love-Dwight Rumor

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,969

Lopez-Love-Dwight Rumor 

Post#1 » by shrink » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:16 pm

According to sources, King was planning to contact the Minnesota Timberwolves in order to gauge their interest in a three-team trade that would send Kevin Love to the Lakers, Brook Lopez to the Timberwolves and Dwight Howard to the Nets. Other small pieces would need to be included, but the proposed trade was thought to be intriguing enough to start conversations in the Lakers front office that would force them to deal with Howard earlier than planned.

http://sulia.com/jrudolphsports/f/4bff50d9-cecb-4613-939b-6cf01f456e20/?source=twitter&guid=4bff50d9-cecb-4613-939b-6cf01f456e20

Oh the humanity!
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Re: Lopez-Love-Dwight Rumor 

Post#2 » by tiderulz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:18 pm

Jarrod Rudolph, nothing more needs to be said. This is basically a plea from Dwight.
Jon1798
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,476

Post#3 » by Jon1798 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Would be funny if the Hornets and Wolves then worked a deal based on Robin Lopez and Pek, giving the TWolves both Lopez twins.

PS- I can't see how the Nets make it worthwhile to deal Love which should end all of this discussion ultimately.
"This post wants out of New Orleans" - Woj
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#4 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:29 pm

tiderulz wrote:Jarrod Rudolph, nothing more needs to be said. This is basically a plea from Dwight.

In which case more does need to be said.
It means Howard is not happy in LA (SAS has reported the same thing), so LA may be forced to make a move since Howard will walk to Atlanta, Dallas or Houston.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
MNRunLeft
Starter
And1: 362

Post#5 » by MNRunLeft » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:44 pm

Pointless to include the Wolves if Love's name is going to be tossed into the conversation, if Lopez has that kind of value LA and NJ can just work out the deal on their own.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,335

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:54 pm

Nope this whole thing is completely legit. Simply add Utah and woila, perfect

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aj39vt6

And thats how you anger 4 fanbases in one huge deal based on a sketchy rumor.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Baby Bop
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#7 » by Baby Bop » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:11 pm

love is injured. dont think he'll be back soon enough to save the Lakers
RIP Jerry Buss
Jack wore plaid
Sixth Man
And1: 56

Post#8 » by Jack wore plaid » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:38 pm

Despite the fact that I will throw up in my mouth for suggesting it, Aldridge would be a good fit in LA.

Lopez another young player and picks to Portland
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#9 » by Golabki » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:54 pm

If the Lakers some how end up with Love after all this I will kill someone.

It's impossible for Minny to get fair value for Love, so I don't see how that makes any sense. Then again, Kahn is due.

The more likely scenario is Howard or Gasol for some collection of Lopez/Hump/Wallace.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#10 » by [RCG] » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:00 pm

Ask yourself Billy King: "Does a Love for Lopez swap make sense for the Wolves in anyway?" No? I didn't think so.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#11 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:29 pm

I'm fine with the value, I just wouldn't do it. You could say its selling high on Lopez, but he's been fantastic nonetheless.
LedeniZZZ
Senior
And1: 172

Post#12 » by LedeniZZZ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:43 pm

DWIGHTMARE II
:lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JKfZA-kMjo
call for unattainable beauty
Hoops Addict
Sixth Man
And1: 158

Post#13 » by Hoops Addict » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Jazz and Minny say no
The easiest trade is Howard for Lopez and change.
parson
RealGM
And1: 469

Post#14 » by parson » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:57 pm

Reading the proposed trade, IF MIN were looking to trade Love to LA and IF MIN were willing to lose Pekovic, then why wouldn't THEY want Howard? Remember, they're losing Love anyway if they don't improve, as he'll exercise his option to leave early.

Also, they have Rubio, a pretty good (and young) PG to make Howard look good, and Derrick Williams, who's developed a good 3pt shot for a PF.

Add in whatever they can get by trading Pekovic and they're a very good team.

This all reads like NY wishful thinking from the journalists to sell newspapers. I'm sure EVERY GM is planning trade offers for Dwight Howard if the Lakers look like they're worried about keeping him.
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,335

Post#15 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:04 pm

parson wrote: I'm sure EVERY GM is planning trade offers for Dwight Howard if the Lakers look like they're worried about keeping him.

Not even close to every team. Id put the number very very small. He simply isnt going to consider resigning with most of the teams in the league, he will cost you considerable assets and you might make additional short sighted moves in a wasted attempt to keep him happy.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
parson
RealGM
And1: 469

Post#16 » by parson » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:43 pm

You may be right but I was thinking about the rumors that I've heard involving the :
Wolves
Nets
Hawks
Mavericks
Clippers
Trail Blazers
Thunder
Celtics
Knicks
Heat
Bulls
Cavaliers
Rockets

If you add the Spurs and Nuggets, you have about half of the NBA. I'm guessing every GM would make plans.
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
tviper
Sixth Man
And1: 260

Post#17 » by tviper » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:17 pm

LAL: Out-D12, MWP, Blake, Duhon / In-Love, Hump, Roy

BKL: Out-Lopez, Brooks, Hump, 2013 1st / In-D12, MWP, Blake

MIN: Out-Love, Roy / In-Lopez, Brooks, Duhon, BKL 2013 1st

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aff7nne

LAL gets ideal fit for offense and helps with tax hit (assuming Roy is done). BKL gets D12 but has to eat a little salary and send out a first for the privilege. MIN gets the best PER player this year on a good contract, adds promising young player as well as a first for the trouble. Duhon can be waived for reduced amount next year.

Funny thing about this is that MIN fans hate this the most based on comments I have read, but the Trade Machine says they make out with best win delta. Of course, that is largely due to Love's injuries this year but it still amusing.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#18 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:22 pm

parson wrote:Reading the proposed trade, IF MIN were looking to trade Love to LA and IF MIN were willing to lose Pekovic, then why wouldn't THEY want Howard? Remember, they're losing Love anyway if they don't improve, as he'll exercise his option to leave early.

Also, they have Rubio, a pretty good (and young) PG to make Howard look good, and Derrick Williams, who's developed a good 3pt shot for a PF.

Add in whatever they can get by trading Pekovic and they're a very good team.

This all reads like NY wishful thinking from the journalists to sell newspapers. I'm sure EVERY GM is planning trade offers for Dwight Howard if the Lakers look like they're worried about keeping him.

Rudolph is a reporter in Florida I believe with connections to Dwight. This is not from the Nets who denied it quickly and vehemently.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#19 » by AQuintus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:24 pm

tviper wrote:MIN: Out-Love, Roy / In-Lopez, Brooks, Duhon, BKL 2013 1st

Not even remotely close.
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#20 » by Jase » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:36 pm

If nothing else, it is indeed intriguing. LA needs a shakeup, and this is their chance to get a young star before that window closes. Minny would need a LOT more than Lopez, though.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."

Return to Trades and Transactions