ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS" Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS" Thread 

Post#61 » by DowNY » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:51 am

Bran Fast Hands wrote:Those guys could still maybe get us to the ECF, thats what we can maybe get.

Felton & Novak maybe. But Brewer, Copeland & Camby isn't doing squat for us.
Bran Fast Hands
Banned User
And1: 798

Post#62 » by Bran Fast Hands » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:53 am

I'd say Camby can if he can get healthy. And you really think trading Bewer and Copeland is going to put us over the edge? I think there is a lot to say for chemistry, continuity and not overturning our roster every single season.
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,161

Post#63 » by BBALLER4FR » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:05 am

Anyone else believe now is about as perfect a time you'll ever see to make a Stat for Pau trade? It's like D'Antoni is begging for it. He demotes Pau to the bench right when Amare has not only called this Melo's team but embraced a bench role. There's no way Atlanta trades Josh Smith for a bench player I don't care how talented people say Pau is.
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Post#64 » by GONYK » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:33 am

BBALLER4FR wrote:Anyone else believe now is about as perfect a time you'll ever see to make a Stat for Pau trade? It's like D'Antoni is begging for it. He demotes Pau to the bench right when Amare has not only called this Melo's team but embraced a bench role. There's no way Atlanta trades Josh Smith for a bench player I don't care how talented people say Pau is.

Lakers Uninterested In Acquiring Long-Term Money In Exchange For Gasol
Jan 21, 2013 11:29 PM EST

The Los Angeles Lakers have discussed Pau Gasol trades with other teams, but sources say they are not interested in acquiring a player on a large long-term contract.

The Lakers are weary of paying the luxury tax, according to the report.

The Lakers have also been previously linked to clearing their 2014 offseason books as clear as possible for a free agent signing.
Newyorknick94
Head Coach
And1: 2,518

Post#65 » by Newyorknick94 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:01 am

When's ray gonna be back?
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo
ORANGEandBLUE
RealGM
And1: 1,334

Post#66 » by ORANGEandBLUE » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:35 pm

What do people think about trading JR?

As well as he's played, I think he's a bad fit here. With Melo, Amare, and Felton, it's not essential to have another guy that can create his own shot. And he might have enough value to net us some pieces that address some of our weaknesses, such as defense, rebounding, passing, and reliable spot-up shooting.

How about JR for Deshawn Stevenson and Ivan Johnson? Looks crazy, but Stevenson is shooting an impressive 37% from 3 on 4 attempts per game, and he's a very good defender. Johnson would be good insurance in case Camby and Sheed don't get healthy.
camillepd
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#67 » by camillepd » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:28 pm

How about a 3 way trade that solves all three teams' problems.

LA gets Amare
Min gets Gasol
NYK gets Love.

Everyone gets what they want and everyone is happy!
Knicker23
General Manager
And1: 139

Post#68 » by Knicker23 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:37 pm

Once Knicks are back to being healthy with Felton I think we'll regain form a bit. However if our aspirations are winning a ring you do have to wonder if this team has the players that can do it- and if not, if there are moves that can increase those odds...

As much as I like our locker room and vets and whatnot... This team is looking old, it's looking too reliant on 3s and Melo. Felton will change some of that. But unless Ray really plays well, this team doesn't have a good enough #2 when playing the elite. There's only so much you can do with Amare being owed that much money and being so far below worth it... but there are various players available around the league..

I was once in the "let them play, no moves!" boat... But, so long as it isn't some blockbuster deal, I really wouldn't oppose a couple moves if it suits us.
BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#69 » by BKAY » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:40 pm

drop white for Pargo. Drop KT for K-Mart.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,018

Post#70 » by moocow007 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:54 pm

camillepd wrote:How about a 3 way trade that solves all three teams' problems.

LA gets Amare
Min gets Gasol
NYK gets Love.

Everyone gets what they want and everyone is happy!

The Lakers would be better off just cutting the Knicks out and trading for Love directly. But then again, David Kahn may be nuts but he's not stupid I don't believe.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by moocow007 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:14 pm

Not a trade thought but rather than open up a thread about it, any Louisville fans here? Specifically whats your opinions of Gorgui Dieng? Not that I'm committing the midseason faux pas for a playoff team, but been thinking about the draft (since we'll actually have our 1st rounder this year) and been really impressed reading about and watching clips of Dieng. Senegalese players generally immediately get lumped into the "tall, rail thin and no basketball skills" but Dieng has a very different look and feel to him. I have a feeling that the Knicks will eschew popular opinion and, instead of drafting a guard (point) that they'll either go with a mobile athletic front court guy. If so, then they likely may be considering guys like Dieng or Steve Adams or Patric Young or CJ Leslie or even Trevor Mbakwe....someone that can rebound and block shots and with the physical tools to at least be a rotation guy in the NBA.

Here's a blurb from DX that really stood out and seems to match what I've been able to catch of Dieng playing...

Dieng was already a threatening team defender as a freshman by virtue of his shot-blocking prowess, but he really took his man-to-man defense to the next level as a sophomore, both in the post and on the perimeter. Down low, Dieng's added strength and improved fundamental base allowed him to more easily stay in front of and contest opponents, though he still relies heavily on his outstretched length to contest shots. His improvements on the perimeter were perhaps even more decisive, specifically in the pick-and-roll game where he has an incredibly unique combination of tools. Dieng's combination of mobility, size, length, and change-of-direction ability make him a menace shutting down pick-and-rolls, specifically with his ability to block shots from behind on drives in the lane.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2Ije9GS9k
http://www.draftexpress.com

...for a 245lb near 7 footer, that's pretty impressive to be able to do what he does defensively on the perimeter. And from the clips he doesn't seem like the stereotypical mild mannered african player one bit. Pretty intense player.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#72 » by Red Vines » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Suns GM Lance Blanks and center Jermaine O'Neal engaged in a loud, expletive-laced confrontation on Monday, league sources tell Y! Sports.

As @paulcoro reports, O'Neal will not be accompanying Suns on road trip. Story soon on Y! Sports.

What can we offer?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#73 » by GONYK » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:00 pm

Red Vines wrote:Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Suns GM Lance Blanks and center Jermaine O'Neal engaged in a loud, expletive-laced confrontation on Monday, league sources tell Y! Sports.

As @paulcoro reports, O'Neal will not be accompanying Suns on road trip. Story soon on Y! Sports.

What can we offer?

Our condolences?
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#74 » by Red Vines » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:02 pm

GONYK wrote:

What can we offer?

Our condolences?

Ha, I'll throw the rights to Chris Smith their way.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,957

Post#75 » by Capn'O » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:06 pm

I know I've said this elsewhere but I'd like to see Jordan Hill back here for Novak.

Knicks need some depth, rebounding, and defense at the bigs and I'd rather see us push for a younger guy instead of a vet at this point. I think Copeland covers for Novak just fine and the guard rotation is much stronger with Felton and Shumpert coming back.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#76 » by GONYK » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:08 pm

Capn'O wrote:I know I've said this elsewhere but I'd like to see Jordan Hill back here for Novak.

Knicks need some depth, rebounding, and defense at the bigs and I'd rather see us push for a younger guy instead of a vet at this point. I think Copeland covers for Novak just fine and the guard rotation is much stronger with Felton and Shumpert coming back.

Hill is out for the season with a hip injury
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,957

Post#77 » by Capn'O » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:12 pm

GONYK wrote:
Capn'O wrote:I know I've said this elsewhere but I'd like to see Jordan Hill back here for Novak.

Hill is out for the season with a hip injury

Full season??? **** that then. Nothing happened. Nothing to see above.

Maybe somebody "like" Hill though I can't think of another guy off the top of my head for that price.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by moocow007 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:16 pm

What can we offer?

Chris Smith?
ORANGEandBLUE
RealGM
And1: 1,334

Post#79 » by ORANGEandBLUE » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:16 pm

Capn'O wrote:Full season??? **** that then. Nothing happened. Nothing to see above.

Maybe somebody "like" Hill though I can't think of another guy off the top of my head for that price.

I could see Denver doing Mozgov for Novak.

I don't love that deal, but we can't go into the playoffs without a reliable third big. Those line-ups with Amare at center yesterday just killed us.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#80 » by moocow007 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:17 pm

ORANGEandBLUE wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Full season??? **** that then. Nothing happened. Nothing to see above.

I could see Denver doing Mozgov for Novak.

I don't love that deal, but we can't go into the playoffs without a reliable third big. Those line-ups with Amare at center yesterday just killed us.

Novak package to D'Antoni for Artest would make more sense...then if they really want to play Anthony out of position at PF they don't have to go with a defense/reboundless Copeland.

Return to New York Knicks