ImageImage

Bucks named "potential suitor" for Millsap

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Re: Bucks named "potential suitor" for Millsap 

Post#81 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:50 pm

JayMKE wrote:Ersan's contract is completely guarantee iirc?

5th year isn't
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#82 » by WRau1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:25 pm

I'd take Millsap over Ersan all day. This team could use Millsap's ability to score around the basket more than Ersan's inconsistent shooting.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
-Kees-
Lead Assistant
And1: 52

Post#83 » by -Kees- » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 pm

I think I would deal any reasonable combo of Jennings or Ellis and Ersan, Udoh, Gooden, depending on whats exactly going out/in. Honestly, I would part with anyone outside of Henson/Sanders, as long as the roster was positionally balanced afterword. I think Milsap is a guy we should target, and should look to keep, even at 11-12M per. He can literally do everything you want on the offensive end from a PF, is a solid, but not great rebounder, and same on defense. He's just good at everything, I feel like we need more complete players around here, and Milsap's only 27 (about to be 28). I'd be ok giving him a 4 year, 44M, for example, because I think he'll keep this production for 2-3 years after this, then we'd likely have Henson taking over the starting spot and Milsap as an EXP.
verbalhologram
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#84 » by verbalhologram » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:54 pm

Milsap is a beast,would love this.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#85 » by emunney » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:09 pm

Millsap is awesome. I worry about how long he'll be awesome. That'd be my only reservation. He is STILL one of the most undervalued players in the league and would instantly be our best player by far. We should have ponied up for him years ago.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#86 » by H2tObes » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:14 pm

BucksFanSD wrote:
H2tObes wrote:We have a lot of cap room, but we'd really need to move Ellis, Ersan, and some other junk. Not to mention Henson could be a better player in a few years, making him an extremely expensive backup.

As it is now, Ersan will be Henson's expensive backup in a few years. Changng Millsap for Ersan is costing you probably only an extra million per year. I don't see why all the fuss.

Also, I am not so sure I see Larry and Henson averaging a combined 25+ ppg 2 or 3 years from now, if ever. You typically want 30 ppg from your front court starters. Else, it's the typical back court high-power offense style Bucks that annoys us all by making us live and die by the long jump shot against any given team. I am tired of living through that for most of the past decade.

It will be more then one million, Millsap could easily get 11 million a year.

Also, you really don't think that in 3 years that frontcourt won't combine for 25 ppg?

Larry will get his 10 ppg, maybe he will improve on the offensive end and average 12-13.

I seriously think it's near a lock that Henson will average at least 15 ppg in 3 years. He has an extremely solid post game for a rookie, and has a good knack at getting to the rim, not to mention his incredible length.

Either way they will be good enough on the defensive end to more then make up for any possible scoring problems.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#87 » by Nebula1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:50 pm

emunney wrote:Millsap is awesome. I worry about how long he'll be awesome. That'd be my only reservation. He is STILL one of the most undervalued players in the league and would instantly be our best player by far. We should have ponied up for him years ago.

Agree on all points, however he'll likely remain a fairly valuable asset on his next contract so the Bucks can trade him once Henson is truly ready to step into that starting role. I'd still want to see Burks in the deal.
giraldo5
Sixth Man
And1: 109

Post#88 » by giraldo5 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:57 pm

Jennings/Ersan for Millsap/Burks would be just phenomenal. Would rather trade Ellis but doubt Utah is interested in him.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks