Rubio Thread Seis (VI)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,571

Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI) 

Post#581 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:22 am

“@APkrawczynski: Rubio 7 pts, 6 assists in season-high 30 mins. Porter said he was trying to get him out at the end but thought Rubio was stalling to stay in”
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#582 » by Klomp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:52 pm

“@JerryZgoda: File this in case it becomes important someday: Ricky said he'lll go straight home today. "It's too cold," said -5 "can't be real"”
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#583 » by C.lupus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:02 pm

Klomp wrote:
“@JerryZgoda: File this in case it becomes important someday: Ricky said he'lll go straight home today. "It's too cold," said -5 "can't be real"”

Why would that be file-worthy Mr. Zgoda?

And pfft @ -5. It was -37 here this morning.
NewWolves
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#584 » by NewWolves » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:18 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:Question:

Why does Rubio always have to be on the court with Barea? That seems to diminish Rubio's abilities, having a 5'9 chucker out there. I'd rather Rubio play with Ridnour or Shved in the backcourt, but it seems like when Rubio's out there, it's always with Barea.

Because Ricky cannot seem to make a shot to safe his life....for me (and this is something we spaniards have criticize always of Ricky) is not that he misses the shots - but instead that HE NEVER take them. Wolves brought Barea here to be aggressive and take shots, so it shouldn't be surprising that he does just that. As a previous posters stated...I like when they pair up, because one fill each other weakness.
Bittertown
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#585 » by Bittertown » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:36 pm

NewWolves wrote:
kmgarnett21 wrote:Question:

Why does Rubio always have to be on the court with Barea? That seems to diminish Rubio's abilities, having a 5'9 chucker out there. I'd rather Rubio play with Ridnour or Shved in the backcourt, but it seems like when Rubio's out there, it's always with Barea.

Because Ricky cannot seem to make a shot to safe his life....for me (and this is something we spaniards have criticize always of Ricky) is not that he misses the shots - but instead that HE NEVER take them. Wolves brought Barea here to be aggressive and take shots, so it shouldn't be surprising that he does just that. As a previous posters stated...I like when they pair up, because one fill each other weakness.

So why have Rubio on the floor on offense ? If Barea is dribbling around for 20 seconds Rubio is just useless because he is a terrible shooter. Ricky's strength is to create. You say Barea fills Rubio's weakness but what I see is that Barea takes away of his best strengths.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#586 » by C.lupus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:48 pm

I actually like the Rubio/Ridnour combo with Ricky setting up Luke for jumpers. Then bring in JJ and Shved off the bench for that extra energy.
Bittertown
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#587 » by Bittertown » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:54 pm

Yeah, I think to play alongside Rubio at the 2, Ridnour Shved and Gelabale are better options, but Adelman and TP seem to think otherwise for some reason...
NewWolves
Sophomore

Post#588 » by NewWolves » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:13 pm

Bittertown wrote:Yeah, I think to play alongside Rubio at the 2, Ridnour Shved and Gelabale are better options, but Adelman and TP seem to think otherwise for some reason...

Yes..and we definitely know better than those guys, but for some reason....

Also, in the last games when we pair Ricky with JJ - its Ricky who handles the ball. JJ is being use more as a last 8/second option, if the play doesn't run as planned. He's not dribbling the ball 20 seconds, neither is Ricky. I personally prefer paring JJ with Shved, but hes not available.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#589 » by Klomp » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:53 pm

Bittertown wrote:Yeah, I think to play alongside Rubio at the 2, Ridnour Shved and Gelabale are better options, but Adelman and TP seem to think otherwise for some reason...

When you have so many injuries, there aren't many combos you can put out there.

Gelabale needs to be saved to be Kirilenko's backup and we haven't had Shved the past two games. That leaves the three PGs to rotate between PG and SG. That means a lot of Rubio and Barea together.

lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#590 » by lobishome » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:37 am

I think the solution for all this is Ricky shooting 15 times per game ... at least. The defenders are floating him too much, and this isn't a option. Ricky has 0/11 3 pts (I think) and he isn't so bad shooter. His obsession about the shot selection produces the opposite effect : He is shooting bad and under preassure.

I can't understand why nobody of the staff can't force him to do it.
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#591 » by lobishome » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:18 am

Ops, bad ambient ...

Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#592 » by Dewey » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:40 pm

lobishome wrote:I think the solution for all this is Ricky shooting 15 times per game ... at least. The defenders are floating him too much, and this isn't a option. Ricky has 0/11 3 pts (I think) and he isn't so bad shooter. His obsession about the shot selection produces the opposite effect : He is shooting bad and under preassure.

I can't understand why nobody of the staff can't force him to do it.

Yes I think he merely needs to shoot with confidence ... this is the NBA and you have to shoot like you belong, and right now, Rube seems to labor at this. He has started to finish a few around the basket lately though. I look at DW ... he has come aloooong way in how he catches and shoots ... learning his spots, he's quicker, and smoother. He's not great but he has really progressed in his ability to catch-n-shoot with confidence.

Bottom-line: Rubio has to stop being every players bitch ... when push comes to shove, he has to know how to put points on the board. Period. I'm curious to see how he responds all this.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#593 » by Krapinsky » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:22 pm

Fantastic, let's go ahead and alienate our other star while we're at it. This ****** franchise. SMH.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#594 » by kmgarnett21 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:26 pm

Krapinsky wrote:Fantastic, let's go ahead and alienate our other star while we're at it. This ****** franchise. SMH.

This. It's already clear that the majority of fans want Love gone asap. Now people are turning on Rubio too. The kid is coming off a major injury and major surgery. Not everyone is Adrian freakin' Peterson. Give Rubio some time. It also doesn't help that Rubio is playing with a bunch of scrubs on a nightly basis now. Just having Shved and Pek back would be huge. But he's got to get the ball to scrubs like Stiemsma and a couple of 10-day guys (who I like, but let's be real, they're on 10-day contracts for a reason)?

Give Rubio some time. The majority of us realists knew that he wouldn't be back to 100% until next season probably. And now with all of the injuries around him, it's only that much tougher for him to get back to what he did last year.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#595 » by C.lupus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:29 pm

Who's turning on Rubio? And I don't think playing 24 minutes instead of his capped 28 minutes is going to alienate him.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#596 » by kmgarnett21 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:33 pm

C.lupus wrote:Who's turning on Rubio? And I don't think playing 24 minutes instead of his capped 28 minutes is going to alienate him.

People on other forums like this, people on blogs, about 75% of "fans" on the Timberwolves facebook page.

I don't think it has as much to do with him not getting his allotted minutes as much as it is telling him to check in, then Barea hits a fluke, bail-out 3 and Porter brings him back to the bench. Rubio has sat out the final half of the fourth quarter in enough close games already this season. It's time to let him work his way back into things. The more he sits, the longer it'll take for him to get back to being pretty Ricky.

http://www.awolfamongwolves.com/2013/01 ... ese-trees/

With about four minutes left in the game and the Wolves down eight points, Ricky Rubio was set to check back into the game. Rubio had only played 24 minutes and was primed to get his final allotted time on the court. Then he was pulled back by Porter and never saw a second of fourth quarter action. The next dead ball was a timeout and that’s when Rubio was pulled back and informed he wouldn’t be checking into the game. As he put on his shooting shirt, he looked visibly upset and mouthed words I can’t repeat on this site.

What was the reasoning for sticking with Barea over Rubio getting some much needed building time on the court?

“JJ hit a shot,” Porter said after the game. “He hit a three. At first I was taking him out because I thought he was hurt and then he was fine, he made a shot, and I just rolled with him because he was hot. Made a shot. That was the only difference. Wasn’t anything Ricky did. It’s tough decisions, in regards to personnel at the end of games, who’s hot, who’s not hot. We just talked about it, just decided to go with JJ.”

Let’s talk about Barea being hot in the fourth quarter when it was time for Ricky to check back in.

J.J. Barea was “hot” at the time Rubio was available to check back in (2:19 was the next dead ball). Barea had just made a 3-point shot to cut the deficit to five points. Before that, he had made a layup. He had made two straight shots. The problem is there were over three minutes between those shots. To say one shot makes a guy “hot” while shooting the ball seems incredibly generous with the temperature assessment.

Barea made a layup at 5:31 left in the fourth and a 3-pointer with 2:36 left. He was hot. Before that layup, Barea had missed his previous three shots and turned the ball over once. He hadn’t made a shot since the 11:37 mark of the fourth quarter. Again, he was hot though.

That can’t be the reasoning for trying to win an unlikely victory and punting on giving Rubio a chance to get more experience and more strength-building with his leg. You can see that Rubio still isn’t strong on his leg. He’s planting funny on drives to the basket, he’s planting funny on defensive efforts, and his legs aren’t there on his jumper.

Every moment on the court is him learning to adjust his game while building strength. You can build strength in the weight room but it’s not the same as getting NBA resistance during NBA minutes. Practice isn’t the same. There isn’t any training that is as valuable to Rubio as being on the court within the allotted time. Unless he’s hurt or injured, there is no reason for him to reach his allowed minutes on the court, especially not for a guy that is “hot” by hitting one 3-pointer.
NewWolves
Sophomore

Post#597 » by NewWolves » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:19 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:
C.lupus wrote:Who's turning on Rubio? And I don't think playing 24 minutes instead of his capped 28 minutes is going to alienate him.

People on other forums like this, people on blogs, about 75% of "fans" on the Timberwolves facebook page.

I don't think it has as much to do with him not getting his allotted minutes as much as it is telling him to check in, then Barea hits a fluke, bail-out 3 and Porter brings him back to the bench. Rubio has sat out the final half of the fourth quarter in enough close games already this season. It's time to let him work his way back into things. The more he sits, the longer it'll take for him to get back to being pretty Ricky.

http://www.awolfamongwolves.com/2013/01 ... ese-trees/

With about four minutes left in the game and the Wolves down eight points, Ricky Rubio was set to check back into the game. Rubio had only played 24 minutes and was primed to get his final allotted time on the court. Then he was pulled back by Porter and never saw a second of fourth quarter action. The next dead ball was a timeout and that’s when Rubio was pulled back and informed he wouldn’t be checking into the game. As he put on his shooting shirt, he looked visibly upset and mouthed words I can’t repeat on this site.

What was the reasoning for sticking with Barea over Rubio getting some much needed building time on the court?

“JJ hit a shot,” Porter said after the game. “He hit a three. At first I was taking him out because I thought he was hurt and then he was fine, he made a shot, and I just rolled with him because he was hot. Made a shot. That was the only difference. Wasn’t anything Ricky did. It’s tough decisions, in regards to personnel at the end of games, who’s hot, who’s not hot. We just talked about it, just decided to go with JJ.”

Let’s talk about Barea being hot in the fourth quarter when it was time for Ricky to check back in.

J.J. Barea was “hot” at the time Rubio was available to check back in (2:19 was the next dead ball). Barea had just made a 3-point shot to cut the deficit to five points. Before that, he had made a layup. He had made two straight shots. The problem is there were over three minutes between those shots. To say one shot makes a guy “hot” while shooting the ball seems incredibly generous with the temperature assessment.

Barea made a layup at 5:31 left in the fourth and a 3-pointer with 2:36 left. He was hot. Before that layup, Barea had missed his previous three shots and turned the ball over once. He hadn’t made a shot since the 11:37 mark of the fourth quarter. Again, he was hot though.

That can’t be the reasoning for trying to win an unlikely victory and punting on giving Rubio a chance to get more experience and more strength-building with his leg. You can see that Rubio still isn’t strong on his leg. He’s planting funny on drives to the basket, he’s planting funny on defensive efforts, and his legs aren’t there on his jumper.

Every moment on the court is him learning to adjust his game while building strength. You can build strength in the weight room but it’s not the same as getting NBA resistance during NBA minutes. Practice isn’t the same. There isn’t any training that is as valuable to Rubio as being on the court within the allotted time. Unless he’s hurt or injured, there is no reason for him to reach his allowed minutes on the court, especially not for a guy that is “hot” by hitting one 3-pointer.

I think its absurd that Porter say he didn't play Ricky, because JJ was hot. Barea was not even close of been hot...in either case he could have pull Luke out and leave JJ in with Ricky. And don't get me wrong, Im not bashing on Barea either -- but Porter excuse make absolutely no sense. Maybe he doesn't want to make Ricky feel bad, after all he was worst than Barea last night.

Rubio: 5pts 6ast 1reb 3stl 4to -8 efficiency

Barea: 11pts 8ast 3reb 1stl 3to 0 efficiency

Both players played the same amount of time - 24 minutes. Ricky needs to step up badly. If he expects to play in crunch time, he has to make a case for himself. Believe me (and those of you who really know Adelman) Adelman will run with the hot hand every game if he must. Even last year, when Ricky was healthy and was starting, there were numerous times were Barea was the one finishing the games.
Dewey
Lead Assistant

Post#598 » by Dewey » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:26 pm

I'm still not clear on the Rube Alienated stuff .... kind of creepy like a Rubination or Rube Aliens - or ??? I dont know what's going on now ....

All I can say is I like that the Rubicon is angry like an elf ... I wann see how the Angry Elf responds to all the love he thinks Porter gave to JJB (of couse, JJB is more like a small elf .... &^%$%^&^& I'm losing it).
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#599 » by C.lupus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:43 pm

Rubio is the elf. JJ is the dwarf. Luke is the Hobbit. Adelman is Gandalf. Love is Saruman.
Dewey
Lead Assistant

Post#600 » by Dewey » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:13 pm

C.lupus wrote:Rubio is the elf. JJ is the dwarf. Luke is the Hobbit. Adelman is Gandalf. Love is Saruman.

Pek = Shrek.
Bud = almost has a little Napoleon Dynamite ??
Gellebale = Buckwheat-like

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves