ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1341 » by NickAnderson » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:10 pm

Not a very bright future if we have Lin running our offense

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#1342 » by KingRobb02 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:10 pm

Darth Magic wrote:
RYgoBOOM wrote:
Darth Magic wrote:Would you do this trade?

A Vucevic-Montajunas front court could be deadly goign forward

Houston gets:
Jameer and Big Baby

Magic get:
Lin and D-Mo

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bgs48v9

the rockets would never do this lol

The thinking is the Rockets are in win now mode and gt two vets who can help them make a legitimate playoff push. Lin and Harden both need the ball to excel, while Jameer can play off the ball and is a great shooter. Big Baby would add scoring, defense and rebounding up front. We take Lins large contract while getting D-Mo to add to our youth movement.

It's sad when people try to make up trades under the thinking that every team that isn't tanking must be in "win now" mode. The Rockets are not in any hurry to win. Their plan is still to save money in order to lure a superstar big man. This has always been Morey's plan, and he continues to say so publicly.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#1343 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:34 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:It's sad when people try to make up trades under the thinking that every team that isn't tanking must be in "win now" mode. The Rockets are not in any hurry to win. Their plan is still to save money in order to lure a superstar big man. This has always been Morey's plan, and he continues to say so publicly.

It is equally sad that once a team appears to be having a losing season that their fans assume they must trade all their talent so they can tank and pray to win the lottery.

Actually, how often does that really happen as teams rarely make as many trades as we think they do. In addition, teams rarely just "blow" it up and make mad trades.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,696

Post#1344 » by Viper1500 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Hell to the no on Lin, he's owed 15 million the year where many big free agents become available.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#1345 » by magicman123 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:38 pm

Darth Magic wrote:Would you do this trade?

A Vucevic-Montajunas front court could be deadly goign forward

Houston gets:
Jameer and Big Baby

Magic get:
Lin and D-Mo

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bgs48v9

IMO that is awful for Orlando, Lin is terrible, and Dmo has not been impressive and his upside isn't worth trading Jameer and Big baby, dont like it at all
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#1346 » by jwise44 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:54 pm

Viper1500 wrote:Hell to the no on Lin, he's owed 15 million the year where many big free agents become available.

He isn't...he is owed 8.3 against the cap that year. He gets paid 15 million but it is only an 8.3 mill cap hit

It's the poison pill thing where it only would have been 15 mill against the cap if Knicks signed him...it's the same with Asik

I understand why y'all wouldn't do the trade, though. Just thought I would point that little point out (I actually think that jameer and bbd would be a better fit for the rockets than what we currently have at pf and pg but I don't think either team would say yes.
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,696

Post#1347 » by Viper1500 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:19 pm

Did not know that, thank you.

Although I have been saying for awhile now that trading BBD to Houston makes a lot of sense for both teams. It really just depends on what they're willing to give up in order to make the playoffs.
Versubio
Veteran
And1: 209

Post#1348 » by Versubio » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:36 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Versubio wrote:Yeah, its too bad. I think we won't get their pick until 2017. We get a 1st from Denver or NYK in 2014, which ever team has the worst record.

actually, the pick we get from Denver is from whichever team has the better record. We get the worst of the 2 picks.

Thanks for clearing that up.
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#1349 » by glennathan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:38 am

Versubio wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Versubio wrote:Yeah, its too bad. I think we won't get their pick until 2017. We get a 1st from Denver or NYK in 2014, which ever team has the worst record.

actually, the pick we get from Denver is from whichever team has the better record. We get the worst of the 2 picks.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I can just imagine that year it is the Nuggets and Knicks in the Finals and we get stuck with a 29 or 30 pick.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#1350 » by KillMonger » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:23 pm

J.J. Redick, an unrestricted free agent at season's end, wants a raise on his $6.19MM salary, but the Magic want him to take a hometown discount, reports USA Today's Jeff Zillgitt. If the team doesn't believe it can re-sign him when the trade deadline rolls around, Zillgitt won't be surprised to see the Magic trade Redick, since they don't want to lose him without any return.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/orlando-magic/
ZeusIsLoose
Senior
And1: 234

Post#1351 » by ZeusIsLoose » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:29 pm

Bobby Ray wrote:
J.J. Redick, an unrestricted free agent at season's end, wants a raise on his $6.19MM salary, but the Magic want him to take a hometown discount, reports USA Today's Jeff Zillgitt. If the team doesn't believe it can re-sign him when the trade deadline rolls around, Zillgitt won't be surprised to see the Magic trade Redick, since they don't want to lose him without any return.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/orlando-magic/

F that! Trade Afflalo. According to Schmitz, it looked like Afflalo was pouting about being moved to the 3 last night against the Pistons. Classless. Man up and play where you are told. Could be worse. He could have come off the bench.

Trade Afflalo and Baby
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#1352 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:46 pm

Afflalo played a strange game. Why I am not sure. He and JJ play a lot together during games so I don't know why JJ starting would suddenly cause him to defer too much and be so tentative.
aka: prorl
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#1353 » by woosah » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:06 pm

ZeusIsLoose wrote:F that! Trade Afflalo. According to Schmitz, it looked like Afflalo was pouting about being moved to the 3 last night against the Pistons. Classless. Man up and play where you are told. Could be worse. He could have come off the bench.

Trade Afflalo and Baby

Is this from an article (Schmitz stuff) link? How would Schmitz know, did he travel with the team? That could be true i guess, but it doesn't match anything reported about him. His rep since UCLA is a great teammate and moving him to the 3 does nothing that doesn't occur every game since he and JJ play together quite a bit.

Classless? No, not his reputation:
“I miss him,” Nuggets coach George Karl told reporters after practice Thursday at Amway Center. “He’s a great pro. He’s a great person off the court. He’s very coachable, very easy to hang around (with) and talk (with). When you’re losing, he accepts criticism at a high level. He’s highly motivated...

Denver Nuggets coach George Karl said that in most cases when a NBA trade goes down, it basically results in getting rid of your problem player and ultimately ending up with a player that the other team couldn’t wait to get rid of. But, Karl said, that clearly wasn’t the case with Arron Afflalo, a player that he said could greatly help his Nuggets this season.

``Most trades in the NBA, for lack of a better phrase, you trading (expletive) for (expletive), but that trade was something that we felt we had to make to get better. But it was a sad trade because Al and Arron were major parts of why we have been successful here,’’ Karl said. ``Especially Arron, because he was one of the guys that we rallied around when we made the big trade (involving Carmelo Anthony). And (Afflalo) is just a great pro. And he’s a low maintenance guy and those are rare for 35-minute guys in the NBA.’’

High praise from a past coach, and the same type of comments here. Scott Perry is mostly responsible for Afflalo being here and knows him from Detroit, so attitude wise not much seems to have changed. Why would he get to Orlando and just change? Meanwhile Schmitz has a great rep of knowing what he's talking about concerning the Magic, right? smh

I do think something is up in the locker room, but no need to call him classless especially when no one knows what is really going on.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,970

Post#1354 » by Nyce_1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:15 pm

Take this with a grain of salt from Magical:

Magic shopping afflalo harder then JJ.
ZeusIsLoose
Senior

Post#1355 » by ZeusIsLoose » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:19 pm

woosah wrote:
ZeusIsLoose wrote:F that! Trade Afflalo. According to Schmitz, it looked like Afflalo was pouting about being moved to the 3 last night against the Pistons. Classless. Man up and play where you are told. Could be worse. He could have come off the bench.

Trade Afflalo and Baby

Is this from an article (Schmitz stuff) link? How would Schmitz know, did he travel with the team? That could be true i guess, but it doesn't match anything reported about him. His rep since UCLA is a great teammate and moving him to the 3 does nothing that doesn't occur every game since he and JJ play together quite a bit.

Classless? No, not his reputation:
“I miss him,” Nuggets coach George Karl told reporters after practice Thursday at Amway Center. “He’s a great pro. He’s a great person off the court. He’s very coachable, very easy to hang around (with) and talk (with). When you’re losing, he accepts criticism at a high level. He’s highly motivated...

Denver Nuggets coach George Karl said that in most cases when a NBA trade goes down, it basically results in getting rid of your problem player and ultimately ending up with a player that the other team couldn’t wait to get rid of. But, Karl said, that clearly wasn’t the case with Arron Afflalo, a player that he said could greatly help his Nuggets this season.

``Most trades in the NBA, for lack of a better phrase, you trading (expletive) for (expletive), but that trade was something that we felt we had to make to get better. But it was a sad trade because Al and Arron were major parts of why we have been successful here,’’ Karl said. ``Especially Arron, because he was one of the guys that we rallied around when we made the big trade (involving Carmelo Anthony). And (Afflalo) is just a great pro. And he’s a low maintenance guy and those are rare for 35-minute guys in the NBA.’’

High praise from a past coach, and the same type of comments here. Scott Perry is mostly responsible for Afflalo being here and knows him from Detroit, so attitude wise not much seems to have changed. Why would he get to Orlando and just change? Meanwhile Schmitz has a great rep of knowing what he's talking about concerning the Magic, right? smh

I do think something is up in the locker room, but no need to call him classless especially when no one knows what is really going on.

He didnt know. he was implying that it SEEMED that he was pouting.
@MagicInsider
Arron Afflalo avg 14 shots per game, always attacking. Cant help but surmise he was pouting. Dissappointing for otherwise class act.

I said it was classless if that was the case. he is a class act for sure. Thats why Henny brought him in. But if he was pouting, then yes, that is classless. Lets hope he wasnt pouting. WIth the way the season is going, guys are going to start getting angry.
ZeusIsLoose
Senior

Post#1356 » by ZeusIsLoose » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:21 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:Take this with a grain of salt from Magical:

I hear everyday that the Magic do NOT want to trade JJ. Henny and the Magic love him. Good player, Great person. Thats what the Magic want.

So yes, i will believe they are shopping Afflalo.
OMPunk
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#1357 » by OMPunk » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:27 pm

Random Laker Fan wrote:Glad to have Dwight on my team but dude is a fraud and a clown at the same time. He's like one of those guys that makes up stories to get a reaction from people who he thinks cares.
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
And1: 292

Post#1358 » by RYgoBOOM » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:30 pm

OMPunk wrote:

8-) 8-) :lol: :lol:
www.TheAutoSkin.com

Orlando's Elite Peelable Paint 1 stop shop!
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#1359 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:30 pm

OMPunk wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
aka: prorl
ZeusIsLoose
Senior

Post#1360 » by ZeusIsLoose » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:34 pm

ZeusIsLoose wrote:

I hear everyday that the Magic do NOT want to trade JJ. Henny and the Magic love him. Good player, Great person. Thats what the Magic want.

So yes, i will believe they are shopping Afflalo.

My theory on this is that Henny might have talked to Arron over the last couple of days about trades and he took it personally. Hence why he played like sh*t. I firmly believe he really wants to be the guy to build around and thats fine, but its a business and the Magic need to do whats best for them.

Return to Orlando Magic