ImageImageImageImageImage

Everyone on our roster pretty much complement eachother

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Loopy
Sophomore
And1: 86

Everyone on our roster pretty much complement eachother 

Post#1 » by Loopy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:47 pm

Gotta give BC some credit for assembling a roster that can actually play with eachother, unlike what we see from the Lakers.

The main thing we lack is a 3 in our starting rotation that can space the floor with above avg shooting. Even Calderon's lack of D is being masked better with Amir/Ed on the floor. If we could foul less that would be huge, I think we commit the most fouls in the entire league. Now if only BC wouldn't go crazy on the contracts.

The way we've been having huge leads in games is big (even if we do blow them at the end). Not many teams are able to consistently have big leads like that (15+ points).

The main thing we need now is star power to get us over the hump (maybe from internal growth).

I think when we eventually do make the playoffs, we'll be built to go to at least the second round the way this talent is meshing.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,864

Re: Everyone on our roster pretty much complement eachother 

Post#2 » by deeps6x » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:50 pm

You mean everyone playing. Bargs just doesn't fit as well as Ed Davis.

Move him for a first round pick and an expiring.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
webeye
Sixth Man
And1: 1,127

Post#3 » by webeye » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:58 pm

"You look particularly dapper today, Alan."

"You too, Linus, your hair looks especially well-coiffed this afternoon. And I really like your singing voice, Landry."

"Indeed, Fieldsy, I too enjoy your dulcet tones. That rendition of One Direction was just boffo."

"You guys are just great. But have you noticed how svelte Quincy is looking today?"

"Certainly! Quincy and Kyle both!"

"That caveman diet's really paying off, you two."

"Aw, shucks, guys. You're the best teammates a guy could have."

"Hey, we're just following Jose's lead."

"I lahv joo guys."

Oh, wait. Complement. Right. Carry on.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,581

Post#4 » by Zeno » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:09 pm

Really? This is a good thing? When a team has so few players that have limited games it makes injuries more difficult to deal with. I'd prefer players who aren't dependant on teammates to cover for their deficiencies especially when those players are in turn dependant on limited teammates. I know there are few players with no weaknesses and I'm not suggesting that the roster be made up of 10 Lebrons though that would be nice. Just wish that BC didn't respond to needs by finding the players in the league that fill those needs in the most one dimensional way possible. Examples.... Kapono....Evans.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
22haytham22
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,265

Post#5 » by 22haytham22 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:23 pm

Yes I'm gonna give credit to our GM with a record of 15-26

TreadMilling Since 1995

Darain wrote:Dude is like 6-10, 6-12 at the most
But he is definitely not 7 foot
JV4MVP
General Manager
And1: 9,582

Post#6 » by JV4MVP » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:24 pm

OP,

Please PM me your dealer and his rates.

Thanks
Jack_Hardstrong
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#7 » by Jack_Hardstrong » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:26 pm

I agree, this roster is meshing well. If the raps can only get Bargnani back and healthy while playing like last seasons 13 game stretch, then we may have a playoff squad
TorontoBaller
Analyst
And1: 1,385

Post#8 » by TorontoBaller » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:38 pm

yes.

yes they do...
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,674

Post#9 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:42 pm

TorontoBaller wrote:Image

yes.

yes they do...

What? They aren't even in the same gang.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,137

Post#10 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:44 pm

They complement each other in that everyone lacks talent.
fatal9
Bench Warmer
And1: 543

Post#11 » by fatal9 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:48 pm

Loopy wrote:Gotta give BC some credit...

Stopped reading here.
Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Post#12 » by Big Shot » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:33 am

True professionals don't have to like each other to perform on the court. They can hate each other as much as they want off the court. Once they get on the court, they can just play.
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#13 » by Throwback24 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:36 am

DD doesn't complement anyone on our roster.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#14 » by Indeed » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:04 am

Amir/Davis complements Calderon, but Lowry doesn't like the 2 bigs, where he has no room to drive. He has to completely change his game to adept the 2 bigs without getting space.

And I am not sure Anderson likes to settle for jump shots with 2 bigs down low. A winner like him loves to get to the rim and score closer to the basket.
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#15 » by MEDIC » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:38 pm

I agree with the OP on some level. I like this team. There are a lot of solid players & they play hard. The problem is, this is a good "team" to surround a superstar. Which of course we lack.

If we had these players complimenting a Prime VC, we'd be a legit playoff threat. Once Jonas develops into a legit C, we might even be considered contenders just through internal growth.

I just don't see how this team moves forward without making a BIG trade. This team needs to add an all-star in a bad way.......preferably a SF.

If this team added Gay or Josh Smith (without giving up a lot), we could easily become an Atlanta level team.

BC should have gone all out to get Harden. Of course......... hindsight is 20-20.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#16 » by Indeed » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:46 pm

MEDIC wrote:I agree with the OP on some level. I like this team. There are a lot of solid players & they play hard. The problem is, this is a good "team" to surround a superstar. Which of course we lack.

If we had these players complimenting a Prime VC, we'd be a legit playoff threat. Once Jonas develops into a legit C, we might even be considered contenders just through internal growth.

I just don't see how this team moves forward without making a BIG trade. This team needs to add an all-star in a bad way.......preferably a SF.

If this team added Gay or Josh Smith (without giving up a lot), we could easily become an Atlanta level team.

BC should have gone all out to get Harden. Of course......... hindsight is 20-20.

Again, not only a star player, the play style is different.
I said this a long time ago, half of the team plays slow pace, and half of the team plays run and gun.
Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Post#17 » by Big Shot » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:51 pm

MEDIC wrote:

I absolutely agree. Gay seems to be harder to get with the trade of yesterday. They should look at Granger when he returns. They should trade DD for Evans if they can. A backcourt of Lowry and Evans with Granger at the wing is a very competitive and fun team to watch.
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#18 » by Phenomenologist » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Hey realball, still think I'm delusional?
Spacing
Banned User
And1: 2,252

Post#19 » by Spacing » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:16 pm

Indeed wrote:Amir/Davis complements Calderon, but Lowry doesn't like the 2 bigs, where he has no room to drive. He has to completely change his game to adept the 2 bigs without getting space.

And I am not sure Anderson likes to settle for jump shots with 2 bigs down low. A winner like him loves to get to the rim and score closer to the basket.

And I'm not sure you watch the games.
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#20 » by Phenomenologist » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:20 pm

Big Shot wrote:
MEDIC wrote:

I absolutely agree. Gay seems to be harder to get with the trade of yesterday. They should look at Granger when he returns. They should trade DD for Evans if they can. A backcourt of Lowry and Evans with Granger at the wing is a very competitive and fun team to watch.

And why does Sac say yes to this? Evans is a better player who wasn't just overpaid for four more years.

Return to Toronto Raptors