KJ keeping the Kings in Sacramento

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Mateen Cleaves
Head Coach
And1: 3

Re: KJ keeping the Kings in Sacramento 

Post#21 » by Mateen Cleaves » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:46 pm

EVen "IF" kings match, Seattle Group has the money, they will just up their offer.

clearly they want it more
Muggsy Bogues
Assistant Coach
And1: 288

Post#22 » by Muggsy Bogues » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:52 pm

Striders wrote:
WhamBamSlamm wrote:Already has 19 guys part of a group to match and/or surpass the Seattle offer...

Deal with it

Does anyone outside of Seattle and Sac really care about this? I don't think anyone would be too sore over the outcome of this, whatever it may be.

I care a bit, mostly because I think California, big as it is, needs more teams, not fewer. The ideal solution to the Seattle problem would've been the Seattle investment group using some dirty tricks to bankrupt Clay Bennett, then buying back the Thunder and moving them home.
phx#7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,316

Post#23 » by phx#7 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:53 pm

catch22 wrote:What's this guy's deal? Has some huge grudge against Seattle for some reason.

I agree, why would a Sacramento native who played in the NBA and is currently the mayor of Sacramento be interested in keeping the Kings(it's only major sports team) in town?

Huge grudge against Seattle seems like the only logical explanation.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#24 » by ManualRam » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:55 pm

phx#7 wrote:
catch22 wrote:What's this guy's deal? Has some huge grudge against Seattle for some reason.

I agree, why would a Sacramento native who played in the NBA and is currently the mayor of Sacramento be interested in keeping the Kings(it's only major sports team) in town?

i think he's referring to the OP who's made multiple threads on this topic.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,932

Post#25 » by Moonbeam » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:55 pm

Aaaaaand this is the 4th thread you've started baiting Seattle fans.

I really don't know what your problem is given that your hometown of Kansas City also "lost its chance at the NBA", with these very Kings even.
hsgm
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#26 » by hsgm » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:55 pm

phx#7 wrote:

He's talking about the OP not Kevin Johnson.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,935

Post#27 » by DusterBuster » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:56 pm

I feel bad for Kings fans, and even worse for the ones who are buying the false hope Kevin Johnson is shoveling out. This idea that David Stern is suddenly going to grow a conscience out of thin air and force the Maloofs to sell locally because "it's the right thing to do", is a joke. That's not going to happen, especially when it's well known that he's desperate to get a team back in Seattle. What's also a joke is that Stern or the BOG is going to delay the sale to Seattle to give Kevin Johnson enough time to find this mythical "whale" who'll buy the Kings to keep them in Sac. If that buyer was out there, he'd have come out already.

All these pledges, be it from the fans with the #HereWeBuy campaign or local business owners with their 1 million dollar mini-investments, are just doing nothing but giving the poor beat up Kings fans false hope for what the inevitable end of this story is going to be. Harsh reality, just as it was when Clay Bennett bold-face-lied to the people of Seattle, but it is what it is.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
catch22
Junior
And1: 5

Post#28 » by catch22 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:57 pm

phx#7 wrote:

I was referring to the OP. His post history is nothing but taking shots at Seattle for whatever reason.
phx#7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,316

Post#29 » by phx#7 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:59 pm

catch22 wrote:
phx#7 wrote:

I was referring to the OP. His post history is nothing but taking shots at Seattle for whatever reason.

My mistake.
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#30 » by Jase » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:59 pm

catch22 wrote:You should change your title to KJ TRYING to keep the Kings in Sacramento.

OP got a big head, thinking the Kings were staying in SAC, and wanted to rub everyone's face in it. So the title you suggested, while more accurate, would have conflicted with his false bravado.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#31 » by deNIEd » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:00 pm

Frank Mulely wrote:why didn't he have this coalition before the Seattle group appeared?

I want the Kings in Sacto but seems like this has been mishandled by whatever people with money want to keep 'em there.

Because in all of 2011 the Maloofs told KJ and everyone in Sacramento that the team is not for sale and turned down offers to keep the team in Sacramento.

Because in all of 2012 the Maloofs told KJ and everyone in Sacramento that the team is not for sale and turned down offers to keep the team in Sacramento.

Because all of a sudden the Maloofs sold the team. When the news started coming out about the Kings being sold to Hansen's group, the minority owners were not even notified of the King's dealings. Don't you think the other 35% of the owners should at least be given the courtesy of letting them know that you're thinking about selling?
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#32 » by DusterBuster » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:07 pm

deNIEd wrote:Because all of a sudden the Maloofs sold the team. When the news started coming out about the Kings being sold to Hansen's group, the minority owners were not even notified of the King's dealings. Don't you think the other 35% of the owners should at least be given the courtesy of letting them know that you're thinking about selling?

They're called minority owners for a reason. They can have a say and their concerns aired, but the final decision always lies with whoever the majority owners are. In this case, that's soon to be the Hansen/Balmer group.

Same way with investing in a huge corporation. You may own a couple shares of Apple, but you don't get to tell Tim Cook what he does or doesn't put into the next iPhone or where he gets to move the Apple HQ.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#33 » by DanTown8587 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:15 pm

This thread is sad. Mainly because the NBA ownership isn't run where if KJ got a group of guys together that the league would even approve them.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,394

Post#34 » by RIPskaterdude » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:19 pm

You guys have no idea what is even coming. He's not going to announce everyone at once, give him time. It's only been 3 days since the Maloofs put the team for sale. He isn't going to show all of his cards at once, nor would he have a press conference just to say "hey we only have $19 million, sorry guys, we tried". Give it a rest and see what happens, there's 2 months to go.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#35 » by DusterBuster » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:22 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:This thread is sad. Mainly because the NBA ownership isn't run where if KJ got a group of guys together that the league would even approve them.

Exactly. The NBA isn't some fly-by-night organization where if you get a group of guys with money together and say "OK, here's our money, give us a team!" You have to have plans in place. They still have no solid plan to fix the arena situation, they have ideas and proposals, but nothing set in stone like Seattle has. They've got all their ducks in a row and the next 5 years are all mapped out. Even if by some odd chance KJ rounded up enough people to match the Seattle offer, they still need to have a set in stone plan to get the Kings in a updated arena and make them profitable. Seattle has those plans set up, KJ simply doesn't and won't have those plans set up in time to keep them there. This type of thing takes years to plan, the Balmer/Hansen group has already put in the time to plan all that out.
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#36 » by deNIEd » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
deNIEd wrote:Because all of a sudden the Maloofs sold the team. When the news started coming out about the Kings being sold to Hansen's group, the minority owners were not even notified of the King's dealings. Don't you think the other 35% of the owners should at least be given the courtesy of letting them know that you're thinking about selling?

They're called minority owners for a reason. They can have a say and their concerns aired, but the final decision always lies with whoever the majority owners are. In this case, that's soon to be the Hansen/Balmer group.

Same way with investing in a huge corporation. You may own a couple shares of Apple, but you don't get to tell Tim Cook what he does or doesn't put into the next iPhone or where he gets to move the Apple HQ.

I know they are minority owners. But they still own a large portion...and many of them have been owners far longer than the Maloofs. It's just a sign of complete and utter lack of respect.
DanTown8587
RealGM

Post#37 » by DanTown8587 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:29 pm

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:You guys have no idea what is even coming. He's not going to announce everyone at once, give him time. It's only been 3 days since the Maloofs put the team for sale. He isn't going to show all of his cards at once, nor would he have a press conference just to say "hey we only have $19 million, sorry guys, we tried". Give it a rest and see what happens, there's 2 months to go.

Look, I wish the Kings luck in their endeavor to keep the team. But there isn't some edict from Stern or the league that if the city gets a buyer(s) that the league is going to say that Sacramento will stay.
bjaxking24
Junior
And1: 109

Post#38 » by bjaxking24 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:30 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
DanTown8587 wrote:This thread is sad. Mainly because the NBA ownership isn't run where if KJ got a group of guys together that the league would even approve them.

Exactly. The NBA isn't some fly-by-night organization where if you get a group of guys with money together and say "OK, here's our money, give us a team!" You have to have plans in place. They still have no solid plan to fix the arena situation, they have ideas and proposals, but nothing set in stone like Seattle has. They've got all their ducks in a row and the next 5 years are all mapped out. Even if by some odd chance KJ rounded up enough people to match the Seattle offer, they still need to have a set in stone plan to get the Kings in a updated arena and make them profitable. Seattle has those plans set up, KJ simply doesn't and won't have those plans set up in time to keep them there. This type of thing takes years to plan, the Balmer/Hansen group has already put in the time to plan all that out.

You are terribly misinformed... Sacramento DOES have an arena plan. An arena plan that the Maloofs even agreed to then backed out of because they did not want to way $3 Mil of developmental fees. That deal is still on the table waiting for someone who isn't a clown to come scoop it up. Do some research before say say things like Sacramento doesn't have a plan.
Follow me on Twitter: @SportsGuyLevine
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#39 » by LLcoleJ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:30 pm

deNIEd wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

I know they are minority owners. But they still own a large portion...and many of them have been owners far longer than the Maloofs. It's just a sign of complete and utter lack of respect.

Most business owners become rich by stomping on others. It's a sad but true reality. The Maloofs are out for the Maloofs.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
DanTown8587
RealGM

Post#40 » by DanTown8587 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:34 pm

bjaxking24 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

You are terribly misinformed... Sacramento DOES have an arena plan. An arena plan that the Maloofs even agreed to then backed out of because they did not want to way $3 Mil of developmental fees. That deal is still on the table waiting for someone who isn't a clown to come scoop it up. Do some research before say say things like Sacramento doesn't have a plan.

I'm not arguing that a plan doesn't exist, I'm arguing that the Kevin Johnson or anyone else could put up money and then say "the team has to stay in Sacramento because I am the buyer". That's not how buying the Kings has gone.

Return to The General Board