ImageImageImageImageImage

Raymond Felton doing non contact drills

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

RajonRondo
Senior
And1: 15

Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#1 » by RajonRondo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:50 pm

http://knicksnow.com/videos/2521/all-ac ... P7tACeCm21

i think he can come back thursday if he wants. i mean its only his hand not like he tore his acl or nothing.
rebounds is the best stat
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,342

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#2 » by kane » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:24 pm

i know he wanted to come back vs boston but the knicks had some hard set date of min 4 weeks witch would be the 25th or some crap but maybe since we lost to the nets and are slipping so bad they can bend the rules a little :-?
BklynKING
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#3 » by BklynKING » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:13 pm

http://knicksnow.com/posts/2523/the-lat ... P8Ob2dheBo

Despite the positive progress, the 28-year old remains cautious as he told reporters that another hit to that hand could result in surgery and 2-3 months off the floor. He fractured his pinky in three places and three bones were shattered.

thats a lil scary. hope this never happens. but now it will have me worried about everytime i see the right hand get hit
aj49689
Rookie
And1: 119

Post#4 » by aj49689 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:33 pm

BklynKING wrote:http://knicksnow.com/posts/2523/the-latest-on-felton-s-progress-return-to-the-floor#.UP8Ob2dheBo

Despite the positive progress, the 28-year old remains cautious as he told reporters that another hit to that hand could result in surgery and 2-3 months off the floor. He fractured his pinky in three places and three bones were shattered.

thats a lil scary. hope this never happens. but now it will have me worried about everytime i see the right hand get hit

I would keep him sitting and not take the chance of losing him for longer period of time. A shatter? That sounds crazy for only 4 weeks not to mention 3 breaks? I think I would rather see him come back slow and when he is back not play him more then 15 mins to keep him from re-injury. I would feel better if he sat until after the all-star break.
If you want, to destroy my sweater. Pull this "Thread" as I walk away.

CARROT SOUP!
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,562

Post#5 » by Fat Kat » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:39 pm

You see this Ray. That right there, is a real man!

:P
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
denterprise
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#6 » by denterprise » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:42 pm

BklynKING wrote:http://knicksnow.com/posts/2523/the-latest-on-felton-s-progress-return-to-the-floor#.UP8Ob2dheBo

I would not put it past Boston to after his hand. It is best to keep him out until his pinky is not in such a fragile state. It is better to take another two weeks than to risk losing him for three more months.
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#7 » by Fat Kat » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:56 pm

"We need our point guard," Knicks center Tyson Chandler told me following the loss to the Nets. "We need him bad. It's not just because it's unfair for Melo to be distracted with point-guard duties, or for Jason Kidd, at 39, to play the minutes he's playing. It's because we need Raymond. He's our catalyst. Plain and simple. I don't know how any of us could feel differently."

Melo isn't the same offensive player when he's having to "think instead of play," as Chandler puts it. Chandler clearly, isn't the same offensive player because he doesn't have anyone getting him the ball. New York's numbers have dissipated in field-goal shooting and three-point shooting. Kidd's minutes have elevated a bit too much and, as a result, the Knicks appear to be nothing more than an average team right now.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_ ... ck-quickly
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Never Wrong
Banned User
And1: 496

Post#8 » by Never Wrong » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:05 pm

5-6 without Felton
Sky_Knicks
Banned User
And1: 419

Post#9 » by Sky_Knicks » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:22 pm

As soon as he comes back, people will purposely slap his hand. So there's no point in rushing anything.
falcindor
General Manager
And1: 144

Post#10 » by falcindor » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:30 pm

Enjoy your last few weeks with the Knicks Felton.
GettinitDone
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,774

Post#11 » by GettinitDone » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:43 pm

Never Wrong wrote:5-6 without Felton

If we play like beasts again when Felton is back, we all can pretty much kiss Melo's chance at MVP goodbye.

Real MVPs would make that 5-6 record at least 7-4
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#12 » by Fat Kat » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:46 pm

GettinitDone wrote:

If we play like beasts again when Felton is back, we all can pretty much kiss Melo's chance at MVP goodbye.

And if we play terribly......
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#13 » by Thugger HBC » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:49 pm

GettinitDone wrote:

So LeBron isn't a real MVP? They've been losing games down in Miami as well.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,000

Post#14 » by Pharmcat » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:52 pm

Sky_Knicks wrote:As soon as he comes back, people will purposely slap his hand. So there's no point in rushing anything.

exactly he needs to take his time heal and come baclk
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,000

Post#15 » by Pharmcat » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:52 pm

GettinitDone wrote:

Real MVPs would make that 5-6 record at least 7-4[/quote]

oh boy :roll:
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,001

Post#16 » by god shammgod » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:59 pm

falcindor wrote:Enjoy your last few weeks with the Knicks Felton.

this is why you're special.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,957

Post#17 » by Capn'O » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:06 am

Fat Kat wrote:
"We need our point guard," Knicks center Tyson Chandler told me following the loss to the Nets. "We need him bad. It's not just because it's unfair for Melo to be distracted with point-guard duties, or for Jason Kidd, at 39, to play the minutes he's playing. It's because we need Raymond. He's our catalyst. Plain and simple. I don't know how any of us could feel differently."

Melo isn't the same offensive player when he's having to "think instead of play," as Chandler puts it. Chandler clearly, isn't the same offensive player because he doesn't have anyone getting him the ball. New York's numbers have dissipated in field-goal shooting and three-point shooting. Kidd's minutes have elevated a bit too much and, as a result, the Knicks appear to be nothing more than an average team right now.

Good article from Smith and good to see the comradeship from Chandler. Absolutely right that we can ill afford to play Kidd so many minutes. Remember when he used to take over games when Ray had lapses?
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#18 » by Tron Carter » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:10 am

Fat Kat wrote:

Tyson is right on the money, as usual...
R.I.P Black Mamba
Never Wrong
Banned User
And1: 496

Post#19 » by Never Wrong » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:12 am

GettinitDone wrote:

Am I supposed to care? Melo could average 8ppg the rest of the season and I wouldn't care as long as we won the title.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#20 » by blueNorange » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:14 am

hope everyone finally knows just how important felton is to this team
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.

Return to New York Knicks