ImageImageImageImageImage

Bradley Beal

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

willbcocks
Analyst
And1: 143

Re: Bradley Beal 

Post#1021 » by willbcocks » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:25 am

I stand by my left hand comments. His left-handed dribble is not good. Clearly he can do it--he is an NBA two guard. But he does not get the same explosion going towards the left side and he doesn't seem comfortable using it in traffic.

What concerns me more is that he shoots layups on the left side of the basket with his right hand. He's done this a number of times on contested layups, and they don't end well. I saw him use his left hand two games ago, but it wasn't pretty.

Guards have to be able to make contested layups with both hands. Beal will need to work on it.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,855

Post#1022 » by payitforward » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:17 am

In order to be a better player, Beal will have to improve his left hand, shoot more 3s and at the rim, and get his neck lengthened. Realize, this kid has a short neck -- have you ever seen an all star w/ a short neck? I didn't think so.

I'm not even going to get into the work he needs on his facial expressions. I mean... he looks young. Too young -- way too young.

I mean... consider Harden: when it was said he looked too young, he grew that beard.

These are the little things a guy does to be great -- things that don't appear on any stat sheet, ok?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1023 » by fishercob » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:23 am

payitforward wrote:In order to be a better player, Beal will have to improve his left hand, shoot more 3s and at the rim, and get his neck lengthened. Realize, this kid has a short neck -- have you ever seen an all star w/ a short neck? I didn't think so.

I'm not even going to get into the work he needs on his facial expressions. I mean... he looks young. Too young -- way too young.

I mean... consider Harden: when it was said he looked too young, he grew that beard.

These are the little things a guy does to be great -- things that don't appear on any stat sheet, ok?

Bravo.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#1024 » by hands11 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:07 am

payitforward wrote:In order to be a better player, Beal will have to improve his left hand, shoot more 3s and at the rim, and get his neck lengthened. Realize, this kid has a short neck -- have you ever seen an all star w/ a short neck? I didn't think so.

I agree a beard would help. But what kind ? I don't think he can grow one. He may have to go with something like.

hands11
Banned User

Post#1025 » by hands11 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:11 pm

So Beals wrist is bothering him. I hope he doesn't have a fracture from smacking it on the floor the other night.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#1026 » by montestewart » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:37 pm

Rock n roll! This is practically WizD level dramedy (except twenty times shorter and with line breaks). Good show!

PS: Beal might consider taking up crocheting. I hear it helps with hand coordination.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#1027 » by nuposse04 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:17 am

hands11 wrote:So Beals wrist is bothering him. I hope he doesn't have a fracture from smacking it on the floor the other night.

You would think we would have diagnosed something that bad by now.
hands11
Banned User

Post#1028 » by hands11 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:17 pm

montestewart wrote:

Rock n roll! This is practically WizD level dramedy (except twenty times shorter and with line breaks). Good show!

PS: Beal might consider taking up crocheting. I hear it helps with hand coordination.

I read in Basketball Moves it also depends on how you polish your knob. Those that use their off hand are more dual hand coordinated.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#1029 » by AFM » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:14 pm

I don't see how you're not an All Star then.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#1030 » by montestewart » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:00 pm

hands11 wrote:I read in Basketball Moves it also depends on how you polish your knob. Those that use their off hand are more dual hand coordinated.

Always have the a victory cigar in the dominant hand, leaving the off hand free for the iso.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#1031 » by Knighthonor » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:11 pm

Beal in the rookie all star game right?
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#1032 » by mohammed10 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:13 pm

montestewart wrote:
hands11 wrote:I read in Basketball Moves it also depends on how you polish your knob. Those that use their off hand are more dual hand coordinated.

Always have the a victory cigar in the dominant hand, leaving the off hand free for the iso.

This thread has officially moved off-topic...

LOL
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
hands11
Banned User

Post#1033 » by hands11 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:09 am

Bradley Beal admitted Tuesday that he's probably going to have to sit for some time for his injured wrist to heal.

“I have to take time off,” Beal said. “It’s hard to do that, but I have to live with it.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wiz ... st-injury/

Because I'm being lazy.... from the game thread.

hands11 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:15 pm

If it was me, I would give some consideration to

Wall/Price
Beal/Crawford
Trevor A/Webster
Kevin/Nene/Booker
Okafor/Ves

and if Beal is really to hurt to be effective,

Wall/Price
Webster/Crawford
Trevor A/Webster/Singleton
Kevin/Nene/Booker
Okafor/Ves

I know Webster is playing well and Wall needs 3 pts shooter, but I'm a defense first person. If Beal is healthy enough to hit the 3 ball again, fine. If not, put Web in at SG.

As for Nene. He needs to lose some weight. Fine. Start him. But if he is sucking, don't just sit by and watch him suck. No players is bigger then the team. Kevin is healthy and nimble. He also needs opportunities to show improvement. He has shown he can have good games. I have no problem starting him sometimes. With Nene's injury issues, he shouldn't have a problem with it either.

What has happened now is all the second line that were starters have gone to the starting line up and now the second line isn't very good. Balance the line ups if you are going to play 10 deep.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,825

Post#1034 » by tontoz » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:03 am

I had a similar injury at his age landing on my hand to break a fall, although i didn't fall from quite as high up lol. I kept playing and ended up hurting it worse and was out for months. I hope he takes some time off. He isn't doing himself or the team any favors trying to play through it.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#1035 » by dangermouse » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:15 am

He had a great January, well, most of it. Enough to more than earn Rookie of the Month East this time for sure.

Let him rest for how long it takes to feel better.

In the meantime, are there any good spot-up shooters in the D-League we could bring in to fill his shoes? I'd rather keep Craw-daddy in the 2nd unit, and we know what we have with Cartier already. Any guys that come close to fitting the mold?
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
hands11
Banned User

Post#1036 » by hands11 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:38 am

Ahh yeah.

So are you suggesting they call up a D League player to start at SG instead of moving Webster there ?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#1037 » by nate33 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:37 pm

When will Cartier Martin return?
hands11
Banned User

Post#1038 » by hands11 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:42 pm

nate33 wrote:When will Cartier Martin return?

Why would that matter ? :wink:

Last read it was like 2 weeks.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#1039 » by nate33 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:00 pm

By the way, I agree with the idea of resting Beal and moving Webster to SG for stretches. I don't really care if he starts there or not. The bottom line is that you play a 3-man rotation of Crawford, Webster and Ariza at the wing spots, with Webster considered the shooting guard when Crawford is out. Price can steal a few minutes at SG as well if necessary.
milellie111
Pro Prospect
And1: 245

Post#1040 » by milellie111 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:55 pm

I am looking forward to Crawford coming in and taking over Beals starting spot. I think right now, Crawford is the better player and he definitely plays with more confidence and swagger than Beal. Crawford can at least create his own shot, something Beal doesn't do.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild

Return to Washington Wizards