predict the amnesty casualties

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

kingofcomedy
Banned User
And1: 11

predict the amnesty casualties 

Post#1 » by kingofcomedy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:02 am

Who do u think are locks to be amnestied I guess gooden and artest for sure
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,673

Re: predict the amnesty casualties 

Post#2 » by the_process » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:26 am

kingofcomedy wrote:Who do u think are locks to be amnestied I guess gooden and artest for sure

Looking at the list it seems like mostly small market teams are left so I don't think anyone is a lock to be amnestied. These are the guys who have enough time left on their contract to be worth amnestying IMO:

Tyrus Thomas
Carlos Boozer
Ron Artest
Mike Miller
Drew Gooden
John Salmons
Andrea Bargnani

There are a couple expiring guys that could be amnestied if it facilitates a move like Villanueva in DET or Kleiza in TOR. But all of these guys could have been amnestied last summer and weren't. So I expect TOR, MIL, and CHA to continue to not spend extra money for guys who don't play for them. If the Lakers lose Dwight and have to retool then I expect Artest to be gone. I have to believe taking the 5 mill cap hit for Miller has to be getting tiring to Riley. And with the sale of the Kings about done, the new owners will actually have some money and realize the value of making Salmons go bye-bye. The Bulls and Boozer is the most interesting, though. CHI will have to have a clear replacement for them to just amnesty him. So he may end up staying another year there. So I'll say three guys get amnestied this coming summer: MWP, Salmons, and Miller
kingofcomedy
Banned User

Post#3 » by kingofcomedy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:34 am

^^^ I don't watch the rapts is bargs that bad lately?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#4 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:41 am

Our GM basically said we have no plans to amnesty Gooden and with our owner I doubt he's lying.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#5 » by seren » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:44 am

next year is a big amnesty year for luxury tax teams. i fully expect lakers amnesty artest or another guy. Chicago has to make a move or pay tax.
kingofcomedy
Banned User

Post#6 » by kingofcomedy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:48 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Our GM basically said we have no plans to amnesty Gooden and with our owner I doubt he's lying.

Is he getting any pt ?
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#7 » by Inevitable » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:51 am

kingofcomedy wrote:^^^ I don't watch the rapts is bargs that bad lately?

Raptors are 4-19 with him and 11-6 without
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#8 » by bullsnewdynasty » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:54 am

Boozer isn't getting amnestied. There only a handful of players at his position who are averaging his numbers or better.
ClayDavis
Head Coach
And1: 104

Post#9 » by ClayDavis » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:02 am

bullsnewdynasty wrote:Boozer isn't getting amnestied. There only a handful of players at his position who are averaging his numbers or better.

that doesn't erase his salary. The owner is notably luxury tax scared. They have that kid in Europe waiting to take over
IamaCeltsfan
Junior
And1: 27

Post#10 » by IamaCeltsfan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:16 am

I could see a guy like Tyrus Thomas not getting amnestied. Charlotte will be under the minimum cap next year, so they will have to pay someone that money to reach the minimum salary plus they would have to pay Thomas' contract anyway. Unless they plan on signing a big free agent in the offseason, I could see them just keeping Tyrus on the bench.
deliriousmouse
Rookie
And1: 169

Post#11 » by deliriousmouse » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:33 am

I think Boozers run recently has probably saved his giant contract.
franktony
Analyst
And1: 1,492

Post#12 » by franktony » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:40 am

Considering that Salmons has a very little buyout after next season, I don't see the kings using the amnesty clause on him. Not worth it. They'd better keep him next season and then use his nice contract (7m with 1m buyout) or simply buy him out.
Shaq on Duncan:SA won because of TD, a guy I could never break.I could talk trash to Ewing, get in D-Rob's face, get a rise out of Mourning,but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored and say:“Hey,Shaq, watch this shot right off the glass.”
franktony
Analyst
And1: 1,492

Post#13 » by franktony » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:42 am

deliriousmouse wrote:I think Boozers run recently has probably saved his giant contract.

His giant contract is saved no matter what. He simply saved his spot in Chicago I'd say.
Shaq on Duncan:SA won because of TD, a guy I could never break.I could talk trash to Ewing, get in D-Rob's face, get a rise out of Mourning,but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored and say:“Hey,Shaq, watch this shot right off the glass.”
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#14 » by kingkirk » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:51 am

ClayDavis wrote:
bullsnewdynasty wrote:Boozer isn't getting amnestied. There only a handful of players at his position who are averaging his numbers or better.

that doesn't erase his salary. The owner is notably luxury tax scared. They have that kid in Europe waiting to take over

Which isn't happening and he is on record saying that he will pay for a winner when we have one.

We don't have one without D Rose.

If Boozer keeps his current play up, he should stay and will be living up to his contract.
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
And1: 129

Post#15 » by TwentyOne920 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:33 am

Unless Boozer plays mediocre in March/April he'll be staying...
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong

bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#16 » by sacking123 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:39 am

oyoyer wrote:
kingofcomedy wrote:Who do u think are locks to be amnestied I guess gooden and artest for sure

Looking at the list it seems like mostly small market teams are left so I don't think anyone is a lock to be amnestied. These are the guys who have enough time left on their contract to be worth amnestying IMO:

Tyrus Thomas
Carlos Boozer
Ron Artest
Mike Miller
Drew Gooden
John Salmons
Andrea Bargnani

There are a couple expiring guys that could be amnestied if it facilitates a move like Villanueva in DET or Kleiza in TOR. But all of these guys could have been amnestied last summer and weren't. So I expect TOR, MIL, and CHA to continue to not spend extra money for guys who don't play for them. If the Lakers lose Dwight and have to retool then I expect Artest to be gone. I have to believe taking the 5 mill cap hit for Miller has to be getting tiring to Riley. And with the sale of the Kings about done, the new owners will actually have some money and realize the value of making Salmons go bye-bye. The Bulls and Boozer is the most interesting, though. CHI will have to have a clear replacement for them to just amnesty him. So he may end up staying another year there. So I'll say three guys get amnestied this coming summer: MWP, Salmons, and Miller

So you make a list of potential amnesty guys and put Salmons in there and he is all but an expiring next season?
The list should be much longer if that's the case, and to top it off Salmons has been very good this season.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
Kironte
Senior
And1: 9

Post#17 » by Kironte » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:00 pm

Inevitable wrote:
kingofcomedy wrote:^^^ I don't watch the rapts is bargs that bad lately?

Raptors are 4-19 with him and 11-6 without

:lol: GOAT case of addition by subtraction
xStanton27
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#18 » by xStanton27 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Somebody on the Heat has to get amnestied, Mike Miller?

Return to The General Board