ImageImageImageImageImage

DD Can't Be Apart of the Core

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Re: DD Can't Be Apart of the Core 

Post#21 » by dballislife » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:08 am

maybe the reason why demar is sucking it up so much lately is becus theres 5 new threads a week + every other post in the game threads and postgame threads telling him to GTFO
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,534

Post#22 » by C_Money » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:09 am

JustaKnickFan wrote:DD's rebounding seems very overrated. The more I watch Raptors game, the more I realize that the only rebounds DD grabs are the defensive rebounds where 3 Raptors are around it and maybe only 1 player from the other team.

Yes he sucks at rebounding but that is just one of many things that he can't do. He also can't play defence, pass, shoot, or drive to the basket. So really WTF is he actually doing out there?
TripleMKE
Sixth Man
And1: 3,342

Post#23 » by TripleMKE » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:12 am

goodjoey wrote:
mirrornick wrote:23

This.

also, nothing you have said is ground breaking or earth shattering, you are just mirroring sentiments that have already been stated by other demar haters.

i wouldn't call them "demar haters", more like realists. Just because someone's not good and people point it out doesn't mean their haters.
Truthrising
RealGM
And1: 7,964

Post#24 » by Truthrising » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:12 am

dballislife wrote:maybe the reason why demar is sucking it up so much lately is becus theres 5 new threads a week + every other post in the game threads and postgame threads telling him to GTFO

Well maybe instead of reading Realgm, he should watch game tapes and improve as a player..or GTFO
Masai's to do list
Trade - Ibaka
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#25 » by Indeed » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:21 am

dballislife wrote:maybe the reason why demar is sucking it up so much lately is becus theres 5 new threads a week + every other post in the game threads and postgame threads telling him to GTFO

I believe those are the same criticism to Bargnani. 15 new threads a week + ...
Would people accept this as a reason?
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#26 » by sanity » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:22 am

Indeed wrote:
Jack_Hardstrong wrote:DD loves toronto and that's good enough

Bargnani loves Toronto, so?

As I recall, Milt Palacio and Rasual Butler also loved this city

This team doesn't have much of a core outside of its young players who are still developing. We're still a long ways away from competing for anything, much less being good enough to crack .500 and make the playoffs for once
JunkYardSubs
General Manager
And1: 149

Post#27 » by JunkYardSubs » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:24 am

The guy is a negative value on that ridiculous contract
22haytham22
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,265

Post#28 » by 22haytham22 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:35 am

What Core?

TreadMilling Since 1995

Darain wrote:Dude is like 6-10, 6-12 at the most
But he is definitely not 7 foot
PRESTIGE
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,132
Location: The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

Post#29 » by PRESTIGE » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:38 am

'DD can't be apart from the core ' would indicate that you consider DeRozan an integral part of this team.

'DD can't be a part of the core ' tells us that you do not want DeRozan on this team going forward.
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#30 » by Rapsalot » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:42 am

I would think your post might read DD can't be the first option or the man or something like that? If I read this you are say the guy should be sent to D League?

Right now our core is JV there is NO other player I would not trade on a good deal to make us better! For JV it would have to be a wowing trade because his up side is very Good and unknown.

I hope T Ross can get better with his 3 shooting consistency over time but, I don't see much else. He can't create, he can't drive, his D is way overrated, he is basically a very young Ray Allen that we must pray develops his shot?? Oh he can't drive like Ray Allen. We will see?
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
And1: 12,646

Post#31 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:46 am

At this point, as long as he penetrates and draws fouls I'll be content. Waiting for Ross to be the clear-cut starter..one day..
Berserk_Raptor
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,744

Post#32 » by Berserk_Raptor » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:50 am

DD cant be part of the core but he was just extended for a multi-year contract... uhm...
@raptor21_85
D-BE-LAW
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#33 » by D-BE-LAW » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:00 am

derozan is not the problem. I will evaluate him more harshly once we have bargs gone, and maybe fields. This team could have been solid if not for stupid decisions like resigning bargnani and etc. Derozan improves every year and can be a solid guard, but I think he can be apart of the core, but not the guy, just a complementary player. We need a franchise player.
Berserk_Raptor
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,744

Post#34 » by Berserk_Raptor » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:02 am

D-BE-LAW wrote:derozan is not the problem. I will evaluate him more harshly once we have bargs gone, and maybe fields. This team could have been solid if not for stupid decisions like resigning bargnani and etc. Derozan improves every year and can be a solid guard, but I think he can be apart of the core, but not the guy, just a complementary player. We need a franchise player.

Bargs is not playing, whats the excuse now?
@raptor21_85
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,292

Post#35 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:03 am

We dont have any core players right now. JVal has got some potential, but unsure how that plays out.

Everyone else is blah...
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
And1: 12,646

Post#36 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:14 am

D-BE-LAW wrote:derozan is not the problem. I will evaluate him more harshly once we have bargs gone, and maybe fields. This team could have been solid if not for stupid decisions like resigning bargnani and etc. Derozan improves every year and can be a solid guard, but I think he can be apart of the core, but not the guy, just a complementary player. We need a franchise player.

Still not a reliable shooter, defender, attacker, or ball handler... As our starting SG who plays huge minutes, he's hurt us in a lot of games. If he continues to be treated like a main guy, we're in trouble for years to come.
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,863

Post#37 » by Tacoma » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:26 am

erekose200 wrote:Ross is already better than Demar.

Ross has done diddly squat since his 26-pt night against Portland on Jan 2nd. His season avg is 7ppg, 2rpg on 40% shooting, below expectations for a 22-year old "NBA Ready" SG. In contrast, DeRozan was only 20 yrs old in his rookie year when he avg 9ppg, 3rpg on 50% shooting. They're only about 1 year apart in age, so it's not like Ross has more years to improve. It's certainly not clear cut who will have the better career and Ross is definitely not already better than DD.

If BC's Raptors have a core, it's a core of mediocre role players and DD fits snugly into this "core." If you mean "core" as in core of players you build around, then they have exactly 1, JV. They would've had 2 if BC had selected Drummond, but I digress.
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#38 » by Rapsalot » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:30 am

C_Money wrote:
JustaKnickFan wrote:DD's rebounding seems very overrated. The more I watch Raptors game, the more I realize that the only rebounds DD grabs are the defensive rebounds where 3 Raptors are around it and maybe only 1 player from the other team.

Yes he sucks at rebounding but that is just one of many things that he can't do. He also can't play defence, pass, shoot, or drive to the basket. So really WTF is he actually doing out there?

Wow DD must be out of $$$ from paying the other NBA player to LET him Average almost 18 & 5 there are more than 15 other teams who SG do not produce at these rates. With him sucking so much I would say he must be blackmailing them so we should D League him ASAP
Truthrising
RealGM
And1: 7,964

Post#39 » by Truthrising » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:41 am

Rapsalot wrote:Wow DD must be out of $$$ from paying the other NBA player to LET him Average almost 18 & 5 there are more than 15 other teams who SG do not produce at these rates. With him sucking so much I would say he must be blackmailing them so we should D League him ASAP

Well maybe it's because no other team hands an avg player 37mins on a silver platter, seriously anyone can score 17 PPG if given 37 mins. Bring any chucker on the raps and have have him starting chucking for 37 mins I can bet you he'll at least produce 17 PPG.
Masai's to do list
Trade - Ibaka
DHK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Post#40 » by DHK » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:42 am

truthrising wrote:
Rapsalot wrote:Wow DD must be out of $$$ from paying the other NBA player to LET him Average almost 18 & 5 there are more than 15 other teams who SG do not produce at these rates. With him sucking so much I would say he must be blackmailing them so we should D League him ASAP

Well maybe it's becase no other team hands an avg player 37mins on a silver platter, seriously anyone can score 17 PPG if given 37 mins. Seriously bring any chucker on the raps and have have him starting chucking for 37 mins I can bet you he'll at least produce 17 PPG.

Jason Collins disagrees.

Return to Toronto Raptors