ImageImageImageImage

Magic @ Pistons

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Re: Magic @ Pistons 

Post#141 » by woosah » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:48 am

shadrock wrote:My thinking is that JJ is getting annoyed at not being the starting SG, and has started to voice it more since the team is not winning. And as we have seen today, JJ has been given his "oppourtunity" to prove he deserves it over Afflalo. Afflalo clearly got his panties in a twist over it too...

that is not clear. you are reading that into it. Both players have been complimentary of each other and have the same mentality and hate to lose. AA didn't get pulled for JJ to start. Jones did, so why would AA be mad?

then coach kept him in the game. that seems to indicate he knew it and was fine with it. You don't think coach saw that he wasn't trying to score? smh
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#142 » by KillMonger » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:49 am

almost want to see what the young guys can do with big regular minutes if we trade away the guys in front of them. At least with them we will get full effort and a sense of urgency or something. Another thing is this is probably one of the worst games i've seen from BBD. All he cared about was getting shots up, he didn't want to play defense or Pass the ball, he didn't want to get rebounds or box out. It's frustrating to see him play like that and honestly he's been wearing me thin with that. Every time we think he's turned the corner with his game and wants to play together he reverts back to his old self. For me he's on the trading block, get him outta here
IGotDaMagicInMe
Sixth Man
And1: 203

Post#143 » by IGotDaMagicInMe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:50 am

Its starting to feel like BBD and Afflalo are realizing we might not make the playoffs and are mailing it in
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#144 » by Def Swami » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:52 am

IGotDaMagicInMe wrote:Its starting to feel like BBD and Afflalo are realizing we might not make the playoffs and are mailing it in

If that were the case, Afflalo should have mailed it in 10 games ago.
FRESHsince1983
Sophomore
And1: 88

Post#145 » by FRESHsince1983 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:53 am

thelead wrote:
FRESHsince1983 wrote:We played with way more effort before and when we lost it was at least with pride. There hasn't been much fight or effort lately and I refuse to think that JV has lost this team already. We need a shakeup soon to make our direction more clear.

Did you expect this team to be better? We're on pace to win ~29 games. This is who we are. Maybe not as bad as the current stretch, but still bad.

I know who we are and I expected us to be a lottery team but maybe I got spoiled by the effort we displayed earlier in the season thats all I'm asking for. Im all aboard for the rebuild and the tough times that will accompany it but I just don't want us getting blown out by subpar teams on the regular.
IGotDaMagicInMe
Sixth Man
And1: 203

Post#146 » by IGotDaMagicInMe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:55 am

VGOSWAMI wrote:
IGotDaMagicInMe wrote:Its starting to feel like BBD and Afflalo are realizing we might not make the playoffs and are mailing it in

If that were the case, Afflalo should have mailed it in 10 games ago.

Well the defense has been pretty damn bad for about 10 games or so
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,506

Post#147 » by shadrock » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:56 am

woosah wrote:
shadrock wrote:My thinking is that JJ is getting annoyed at not being the starting SG, and has started to voice it more since the team is not winning. And as we have seen today, JJ has been given his "oppourtunity" to prove he deserves it over Afflalo. Afflalo clearly got his panties in a twist over it too...

that is not clear. you are reading that into it. Both players have been complimentary of each other and have the same mentality and hate to lose. AA didn't get pulled for JJ to start. Jones did, so why would AA be mad?

then coach kept him in the game. that seems to indicate he knew it and was fine with it. You don't think coach saw that he wasn't trying to score? smh

Clearly i was just speculating one possible reason for it. None of us know whats really going on, so all we can do is speculate. We also dont know if AA being kept in the game seems to indicate that Jacque was fine with his performance. But if thats your view, good stuff! :D
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#148 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:57 am

I was thinking AA's comments were directed at himself. I think he just made a conscious effort tonight to move the ball and iso less in hopes of finding something that will work to get us a win. Well, it made no difference. We still lost.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#149 » by magicman123 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:02 am

Vaughn had no answer regarding Afflalo and how he played tonight
Luzern Walker
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#150 » by Luzern Walker » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:03 am

magicman123 wrote:Vaughn had no answer on Afflalo's play tonight

any details? thanks
GameOver25
RealGM
And1: 5,656

Post#151 » by GameOver25 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:03 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:I was thinking AA's comments were directed at himself. I think he just made a conscious effort tonight to move the ball and iso less in hopes of finding something that will work to get us a win. Well, it made no difference. We still lost.

I second this notion. Sad that some will latch onto this as Afflalo becoming a bad teammate.
doct3r dr3
RealGM
And1: 2,485

Post#152 » by doct3r dr3 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:04 am

"the bbd industrial index took a shellacking on tuesday following reports of a lackluster detroit. the jj closed at just over 9000."
BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#153 » by craig01 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:07 am

Ping pong balls are getting more favorable after tonight.

So, even after tonight's blah game, there is still a bright side

Lol
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#154 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:16 am

craig01 wrote:Ping pong balls are getting more favorable after tonight.

So, even after tonight's blah game, there is still a bright side

Lol

Don't forget the Bucs board, bro!
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#155 » by Def Swami » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:17 am

Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins
Davis also said he wished Jacque Vaughn didn't take him out in the third quarter because it hurt his confidence.

Oh for **** sake :noway:
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#156 » by woosah » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:18 am

VGOSWAMI wrote:
Davis also said he wished Jacque Vaughn didn't take him out in the third quarter because it hurt his confidence.

:lol:
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
SnuggLes__
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Post#157 » by SnuggLes__ » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:20 am

VGOSWAMI wrote:

LMAO
GANGSTERDOG wrote:The chemistry was the best Ive seen in a while surprisingly. Everyone was out there trying to prove something.... well maybe except Duhon
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#158 » by magicman123 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:22 am

Luzern Walker wrote:
magicman123 wrote:Vaughn had no answer on Afflalo's play tonight

any details? thanks

nothing exciting, they asked Vaughn about his play and if he was surprised Afflalo didn't attempt a shot until the late 3rd, Vaughn didn't really have an answer and quickly jumped to talking about the wonderful morning practice they had, and he was confident with this lineup
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,506

Post#159 » by shadrock » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:29 am

VGOSWAMI wrote:

Im glad it hurt his confidence, he is wayyyy overconfident!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,270

Post#160 » by Bensational » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:56 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:I was thinking AA's comments were directed at himself. I think he just made a conscious effort tonight to move the ball and iso less in hopes of finding something that will work to get us a win. Well, it made no difference. We still lost.

yeah, i'm impressed that AA limited himself to 4 shots, and went on to collect 9 boards and hand out 5 assists. his stat line definitely supports what you're sayin.

good for him. i don't have a problem with him deferring, especially when JJ is shooting lights out. same way i'd be happy for other players to defer if AA is on fire.

if any player should have controlled themselves more, it's Davis. it's certainly possible AA was having a dig at him, but i unlikely, IMO.

Return to Orlando Magic