ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The flu

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Re: OT: The flu 

Post#61 » by Falstaffxx » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:40 pm

For the last couple days I've had a fever of almost 103. I went to the doctor and she said I had a throat infection and gave me antibiotics. It's both though - flu + throat infection.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#62 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:04 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:For the last couple days I've had a fever of almost 103. I went to the doctor and she said I had a throat infection and gave me antibiotics. It's both though - flu + throat infection.

So you have a pretty bad bacterial infection and a flu virus attacking your body at same time? Damn, rough going...
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
alphad0gz
Analyst
And1: 405

Post#63 » by alphad0gz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:05 pm

You're the same guy who was urging I'mcominghome to rush to the ER for some stomach pain... and when they checked him out they told him he had "impacted fecal matter"... :lol: Come on man if a fly took a crap on your shoulder you'd fear for your life.

I don't remember posting any such thing but I will say this: If the pain had been a ruptured appendix, he likely dies. How smart are you then? You're quite the know-it-all. See people like you every day. OH,, and you don't know me at all so **** U.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#64 » by Falstaffxx » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:06 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:For the last couple days I've had a fever of almost 103. I went to the doctor and she said I had a throat infection and gave me antibiotics. It's both though - flu + throat infection.

So you have a pretty bad bacterial infection and a flu virus attacking your body at same time? Damn, rough going...

Yeah, it hasn't been fun. I don't think my work is happy with the amount of time I've missed either. I do have a doctor's note now though.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#65 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:09 pm

A lot of people think the flu is just a bad cold but it's actually much worse. I've gotten about two my whole life and both I was knocked out about 4 to 5 days. Don't worry about work, you have the note, in any case why would they want you coming in and making other people sick?
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#66 » by Falstaffxx » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:14 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:A lot of people think the flu is just a bad cold but it's actually much worse. I've gotten about two my whole life and both I was knocked out about 4 to 5 days. Don't worry about work, you have the note, in any case why would they want you coming in and making other people sick?

Yeah that's true. Thanks for the support, man.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 15,658

Post#67 » by Im Coming Home » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:30 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
alphad0gz wrote:...Not to mention that there is huge difference between a bad cold and the flu. If you don't get on top of the flu in the first day or two, you are in it for the haul. A bad cold? A week or so of discomfort. You can die from the flu.

You're the same guy who was urging I'mcominghome to rush to the ER for some stomach pain... and when they checked him out they told him he had "impacted fecal matter"... :lol: Come on man if a fly took a crap on your shoulder you'd fear for your life.

While I agree with most of what you said Ibraheim, I really do think that you shouldn't f*ck around with stomach pains, especially abnormal ones like I did have about a year and a half ago. Stomach pains that are abnormal are never good, even if it was in my situation, I could have technically died if not giving the proper medicine from my doctor at the time. You never f*ck with the digestive tract if you think something is wrong with it, get it checked, that's my opinion.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,352

Post#68 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:51 am

http://health.yahoo.net/news/s/nm/insig ... e-flu-shot

Emelie is one of around 800 children in Sweden and elsewhere in Europe who developed narcolepsy, an incurable sleep disorder, after being immunized with the Pandemrix H1N1 swine flu vaccine made by British drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline in 2009.

Not a good look.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#69 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:55 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
alphad0gz wrote:...Not to mention that there is huge difference between a bad cold and the flu. If you don't get on top of the flu in the first day or two, you are in it for the haul. A bad cold? A week or so of discomfort. You can die from the flu.

While I agree with most of what you said Ibraheim, I really do think that you shouldn't f*ck around with stomach pains, especially abnormal ones like I did have about a year and a half ago. Stomach pains that are abnormal are never good, even if it was in my situation, I could have technically died if not giving the proper medicine from my doctor at the time. You never f*ck with the digestive tract if you think something is wrong with it, get it checked, that's my opinion.

Bro.. if you were having a problem with your appendix you would've known.. it would have progressively gotten worse and you would not have been able to stand up straight or sit up straight. I gave you the advice I would give my brother or a friend.. which was to monitor the situation and see if it got better.

I spoke from experience... if I would have gone to the ER for the dozens upon dozens of times I laid in pain from trapped gas that went away in an hour or two they would've eventually slapped me silly.

BTW how are you feeling wingo?

And it's about time people start learning about their bodies and what they can do about preventative care and how to make themselves healthy when sick... half the country doesn't have health insurance and ER's are getting flooded with people who don't necessarily have emergencies. Doctors are overworked to the point where they pull out the book of pharmaceuticals and aks patients to point and shoot at which MEDS they prefer.

I just lost a 38yo friend who had this Flu and a Throat infection.. you want to know how he died.. he knocked himself out with Nyquil or something... vomited in his sleep and choked on the vomit. RIP DJ Trauma
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,913

Post#70 » by NYKinMIA » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:35 am

Damn, condolences ibraheim.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#71 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:20 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

Bro.. if you were having a problem with your appendix you would've known.. it would have progressively gotten worse and you would not have been able to stand up straight or sit up straight. I gave you the advice I would give my brother or a friend.. which was to monitor the situation and see if it got better.

I spoke from experience... if I would have gone to the ER for the dozens upon dozens of times I laid in pain from trapped gas that went away in an hour or two they would've eventually slapped me silly.

BTW how are you feeling wingo?

And it's about time people start learning about their bodies and what they can do about preventative care and how to make themselves healthy when sick... half the country doesn't have health insurance and ER's are getting flooded with people who don't necessarily have emergencies. Doctors are overworked to the point where they pull out the book of pharmaceuticals and aks patients to point and shoot at which MEDS they prefer.

I just lost a 38yo friend who had this Flu and a Throat infection.. you want to know how he died.. he knocked himself out with Nyquil or something... vomited in his sleep and choked on the vomit. RIP DJ Trauma

Ibby, doing much better, thanks for asking. I started feeling better Thursday-Friday, tho' I still had some remnants (feeling tired, small cough, etc.)

Damn, sorry to hear about your friend. I just found out tonight that a colleague/friend of mine has been diagnosed with cancer and its spread to her liver. Smart, beautiful attorney with 3 beautiful young children and a husband. It weakened my knees. All of a sudden I stopped bytching about all my "little" problems.

Re your gas pains, not to be crude but do you feel the pain near your lower intestines/rectum area? Occasionally, I will wake up in the middle of the night with these severe "colon spasms" which I have discovered result from "trapped gas." They last about 15 minutes until I can release it - mostly I can accomplish this through belching, but it takes a little while. Sometimes I'll get a second wave of them. What have the doctors told you about that?
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#72 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:26 am

NYKinMIA wrote:Damn, condolences ibraheim.

Thank you friend... the hard part is it was totally preventable.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#73 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:35 am

HawthorneWingo wrote:

Ibby, doing much better, thanks for asking. I started feeling better Thursday-Friday, tho' I still had some remnants (feeling tired, small cough, etc.)

Damn, sorry to hear about your friend. I just found out tonight that a colleague/friend of mine has been diagnosed with cancer and its spread to her liver. Smart, beautiful attorney with 3 beautiful young children and a husband. It weakened my knees. All of a sudden I stopped bytching about all my "little" problems.

Re your gas pains, not to be crude but do you feel the pain near your lower intestines/rectum area? Occasionally, I will wake up in the middle of the night with these severe "colon spasms" which I have discovered result from "trapped gas." They last about 15 minutes until I can release it - mostly I can accomplish this through belching, but it takes a little while. Sometimes I'll get a second wave of them. What have the doctors told you about that?

I haven't ever told my MD about the stomach pains... I get them on my upper right side.. I literally can't move.. it's like a stabbing pain. When I first got them Mom dukes told me she got the same thing.. that it was gas. So ever since then I keep some GasX handy... If I eat raw onions.. bam I'm on the floor motionless yelling to my lady to grab the GasX... a half hour later I start passing gas and the pain is gone. (sorry fellas... do not eat while reading. :lol:)

The pain you seem to be getting... *DISCLAIMER*again just some advice I'd give a friend or a shared experience.. not to be taken as gospel. Seems like the pain I get when I'm having an "attack" is what those of us in our family call it.. because we all get it... it comes from something we've eaten which my aunts and Mom have always suspected was Chili but it's not chili it's dairy... they're all lactose intolerant (or IBS or both) and either don't know it or are in denial because they love their enchiladas.. :lol:. I'll get that spastic colon... and need to literally run to the bathroom.. running over anything in the process. I would say you might have some IBS going on... which you would want to consume plenty of probiotic (Kefir is the best source... or Kim Chi.. basically anything fermented) and prebiotic (rice bran, Oat bran... generally any good soft fiber.)
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#74 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:42 am

^^^Onions kill me. I love them but I'm staying away for the time being. Bermuda onions seem to be easier on my stomach. Thanks for the advice.
POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#75 » by br7knicks » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:45 am

glad you're feeling better hawthorne.

really sorry to hear about your friend ibraheim. the preventable ones are the most sad.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#76 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:02 am

br7knicks wrote:glad you're feeling better hawthorne.

really sorry to hear about your friend ibraheim. the preventable ones are the most sad.

Thanks br7. What happened to the gif of Michelle Jenneke? She gives me da lump. :D
POSTING POLICIES:
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#77 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:36 am

br7knicks wrote:glad you're feeling better hawthorne.

Thanks homie.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,913

Post#78 » by NYKinMIA » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:17 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
NYKinMIA wrote:Damn, condolences ibraheim.

Thank you friend... the hard part is it was totally preventable.

I can relate, the "what if's" are very difficult to handle. Lean on family & friends, and be strong brother.
wolfv
Analyst
And1: 2,631

Post#79 » by wolfv » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:05 pm

Don't know if someone already mentioned this, but you can now buy vitamin C encapsulated by liposomes, so that your body can actually absorb all of it instead of excreting it

Return to New York Knicks