ImageImageImageImageImage

Joe Johnson running his overpaid mouth again

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

runnyc
RealGM
And1: 1,197

Re: Joe Johnson running his overpaid mouth again 

Post#41 » by runnyc » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:27 am

Who cares, it's Joe **** Johnson.
TheGarden
Banned User
And1: 1,156

Post#42 » by TheGarden » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:31 am

Joe Johnson is the same dude who **** the bed the 1st 3 games vs us now talks

Honestly we're busy over analyzing every loss, its getting annoying

Rasho Brezec wrote:
TheGarden wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:33% is bad no matter how you slice it.

I got a million dollars, I'm going to give you 33% of it, is that bad

I got a 100 million dollars, I'm going to give you 10% of it, is that bad?

I hope this doesn't start a CBA debate
mrpoetryNmotion
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,118

Post#43 » by mrpoetryNmotion » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:43 am

He could be right...though we'll have to see at the end of the season and/or playoffs.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#44 » by AllanHoustonFan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:48 am

mrpoetryNmotion wrote:He could be right...though we'll have to see at the end of the season and/or playoffs.

Yup...that's all that matters.
#MKGA
rj2496
Starter
And1: 111

Post#45 » by rj2496 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:01 am

knicksRback wrote:Wait so the Nets think there so good? We just got a few critical key piece in our lineup and we are STILL missing critical pieces (Felton and Camby and Rasheed) shumpert is on a minute limit, Stoudemire is still getting into game shape after not playing ball for months, carmelo had one of his worst games of the season and the Nets only won by 3 lmfaoooo ... We have been playing bad lately and Nets been playing much better and we are STILL ahead of them. FoH Nets fans you know your team aint **** when the Nets starting lineup got booed at Barclays center

The excuses are non stop. When Kidd didn't play in the first game, we won because you didn't have Kidd. Now that Shumpert and Amare were back, it's nooo if we had Felton, it would have been a blow out. When Felton did play vs us, what did he do for you guys? I think I remember a lot of complaining that he wouldn't stop shooting. 12% from 3? Did you really expect Camby and Sheed to stay healthy all season? They are among the two oldest players in the league, c'mon. You guys can never admit a lose, especially to your little brother, your Brooklyn Nets. You're ahead by one game, don't make it seem like it's 7+, although you guys already claimed the division was over at the end of December.

Our starting line up getting boo'd at the Barclays Center? LOL
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#46 » by Quick Kick » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:09 am

Nets are just on a hot streak. NO team coached by 98 year old PJ Carlisimo who hasnt been a decent coach since Wu Tang was hot can ever be anything more than fools gold.
JustaKnickFan
Analyst
And1: 1,071

Post#47 » by JustaKnickFan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:14 am

Quick Kick wrote:Nets are just on a hot streak. NO team coached by 98 year old PJ Carlisimo who hasnt been a decent coach since Wu Tang was hot can ever be anything more than fools gold.

Say what you want about PJ, but last game he outcoached Woodson. Woodson did not see their foul strategy coming, and it hurt the Knicks in the end because of it.
Brooklyn_Yards
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,322

Post#48 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:15 am

They're a good team and playing very well but let end of season standings speak, they beat OKC, while we beat Mia and the Spurs twice we'll find our stride again and the Nets will fall back to earth again.
BAT 14.0 Utah Jazz
PG: Toney Parker
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF:
PF:
C: Nikola Vucevic
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Post#49 » by GONYK » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:34 am

JustaKnickFan wrote:
Quick Kick wrote:Nets are just on a hot streak. NO team coached by 98 year old PJ Carlisimo who hasnt been a decent coach since Wu Tang was hot can ever be anything more than fools gold.

Say what you want about PJ, but last game he outcoached Woodson. Woodson did not see their foul strategy coming, and it hurt the Knicks in the end because of it.

Huh?

Jason Kidd missing the FT hurt us, not Woodson's strategy for that particular situation
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,352

Post#50 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:38 am

So nobody noticed that it was Popeye Jones who was drawing up their plays during timeouts?

I was pretty impressed with their double down screens to open up Johnson for open J's.
MrProb
Analyst
And1: 1,419

Post#51 » by MrProb » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:04 am

What do u expect him to say? Especially right now when the Knicks are slowing down(and gotta admit looking pretty awful lately) plus they just won on our home floor.

I would just shut up and let the standings speak the truth when the time comes.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#52 » by Greenie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:01 am

rj2496 wrote:
knicksRback wrote:Wait so the Nets think there so good? We just got a few critical key piece in our lineup and we are STILL missing critical pieces (Felton and Camby and Rasheed) shumpert is on a minute limit, Stoudemire is still getting into game shape after not playing ball for months, carmelo had one of his worst games of the season and the Nets only won by 3 lmfaoooo ... We have been playing bad lately and Nets been playing much better and we are STILL ahead of them. FoH Nets fans you know your team aint **** when the Nets starting lineup got booed at Barclays center

The excuses are non stop. When Kidd didn't play in the first game, we won because you didn't have Kidd. Now that Shumpert and Amare were back, it's nooo if we had Felton, it would have been a blow out. When Felton did play vs us, what did he do for you guys? I think I remember a lot of complaining that he wouldn't stop shooting. 12% from 3? Did you really expect Camby and Sheed to stay healthy all season? They are among the two oldest players in the league, c'mon. You guys can never admit a lose, especially to your little brother, your Brooklyn Nets. You're ahead by one game, don't make it seem like it's 7+, although you guys already claimed the division was over at the end of December.

Why don't you go post on the nets board with your other two fans..........
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#53 » by Greenie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:01 am

ibraheim718 wrote:So nobody noticed that it was Popeye Jones who was drawing up their plays during timeouts?

I was pretty impressed with their double down screens to open up Johnson for open J's.

I noticed this too.
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#54 » by rammagen » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:04 pm

rj2496 wrote:

So what's the excuse when the nyets fall back to earth? Injuries are injuries, just a fact of the game. But to run your mouth when the series ended up tied is just stupid. Sorry jr but go back to the nyets board
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
rl2011
Junior
And1: 96

Post#55 » by rl2011 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:06 pm

Here is the thing that nobody seems to want to accept - fans or the media:

the Knicks are good

the Nets are good

There are no crisis in NY basketball - them with Miami are prob the top 3 in the east.

Who is better? right now the Nets are playing better but we are injured. We should have won that game on Monday but JJ was hitting everything in the 4th and hit a really difficult shot to win.

We have Melo - they don't, I think in the end that pushes the Knicks over the top as he can carry a team when nobody on the Nets can - (please dont say JJ). Deron is fake hustle - good but not a superstar.

Knicks are also a more wily and veteran team and think they can pull out more difficult games in the playoffs but that is yet to be seen.

My only problem is watchign the scare crow Amare walk around like a statue blowing our defensive chemistry.
blumatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 787

Post#56 » by blumatic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:29 pm

rl2011 wrote:Here is the thing that nobody seems to want to accept - fans or the media:

the Knicks are good

the Nets are good

There are no crisis in NY basketball - them with Miami are prob the top 3 in the east.

Who is better? right now the Nets are playing better but we are injured. We should have won that game on Monday but JJ was hitting everything in the 4th and hit a really difficult shot to win.

We have Melo - they don't, I think in the end that pushes the Knicks over the top as he can carry a team when nobody on the Nets can - (please dont say JJ). Deron is fake hustle - good but not a superstar.

Knicks are also a more wily and veteran team and think they can pull out more difficult games in the playoffs but that is yet to be seen.

My only problem is watchign the scare crow Amare walk around like a statue blowing our defensive chemistry.

I know Im known here to have Amare's back. And I have been crtical of his defense. But his actual defending and team defense have not been the problem. Its been one of the bonuses. Its his rebounding that needs help. He has been adequate. Nothing more, nothing less. We just need him to hit the boards. And get a few block shots.

Its Melo who needs to set the tone defensively as the leader of this team.
blumatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 787

Post#57 » by blumatic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:34 pm

JustaKnickFan wrote:

LOl how can you stop a foul strategy. Its not like we had Brewer on the floor for someone to foul. They fould who had the ball.

Quite honestly the Nets didnt look that great. They didnt dominate us. The beat us by 3 and we are not fully healthy.
kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Post#58 » by kosmovitelli » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:55 pm

Joe Johnson running his overpaid mouth again

Johnson, who said back in July that his Brooklyn Nets were the best team in the city, drained the game-winning 16-foot pull-up jumper from the right baseline with 22.3 seconds left, allowing the Nets to even their season series with the New York Knicks on Monday afternoon at Madison Square Garden.

"Yeah, [we're still better than the Knicks], that's the way I feel, man," Johnson said after scoring 10 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter of Brooklyn’s 88-85 victory over New York. "That's not gonna change."

"You've got two teams in New York. They want to be the top dogs. We want to be the top dogs. It's a battle. We split. We'll see what happens next," he said.

Obviously he answered a question about what he said last summer and after a win against the Knicks at MSG, he wasn't going to eat crow and say he changed his mind ! LOL

The Nets have the same number of W (25). Quite frankly, they surprised me. I knew they were better than their record indicated last month (barely 0.500 on dec 26, only 14 wins) but I didn't expect them to have such an impressive winning streak and be in position to threaten the Knicks for the division crown.

I have no problem with Joe Johnson. That's all good. As he said, that's the way he feels. And as Melo said, it's up to the Knicks to show some pride next time we play the Nets (maybe in the playoffs).

"It's over. We don't see them anymore, but it is the beginning of something that's going to be here for a long, long time." Anthony said. "These games that we play against Brooklyn are definitely going to be tough, hard battles and as a Knick, we definitely look forward to that challenge and look forward to playing them four times."

I like it and as PJ Carlesimo said, it's a good rivalry for NY.

"I think it's a good rivalry right now. It's a very good rivalry. It's got the potential to be even better," Nets interim coach P.J. Carlesimo said. "That's with a lot of friendships among the players and the coaching staffs. It's really good for New York basketball."
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,526

Post#59 » by Lord Commander » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:33 pm

rj2496 wrote:

Talk is cheap. Sig bet that the Knicks finish ahead of the Nets? Otherwise, everbody should just STFU :)
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#60 » by I_Love_NYK » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:03 pm

The Knicks need to get back to what made them get to where they were at November. Ball Movement, a lot of isolation now with J.R. and Melo. Hopefully with Felton back things get back to where they were, but Felton can be trigger happy also.

Return to New York Knicks