ImageImageImageImageImage

Dwight: "Lakers turnaround starts with me"

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,028

Re: Howard expresses frustration over lack of touches 

Post#21 » by twix2500 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:18 am

Ummmm this is what you guys should want. You should want your stars to start demanding for plays to be called that is more fitted for the team. DAntoni is not the answer, and he has no answer. The players need to start speaking out, because the management is not listening to the fans.
KB24TBOTB
RealGM
And1: 329

Post#22 » by KB24TBOTB » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:21 am

twix2500 wrote:Ummmm this is what you guys should want. You should want your stars to start demanding for plays to be called that is more fitted for the team. DAntoni is not the answer, and he has no answer. The players need to start speaking out, because the management is not listening to the fans.

Um no... this is not what a team wants. Something like this means that team and player demanding touches can't see eye to eye, which i'm pretty sure isn't a good thing for chemistry. Also running around in the change room saying look at the stat sheet is rather childish and just plain stupid. Stats don't tell the story, own up to the fact that you had a bad game and come out strong the next one is what he should do. Heck, at this rate i'd rather have Tyson Chandler or any other Center that will bust his ass no matter what.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#23 » by iamworthy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:28 am

Hmmmm where have I heard this "touches" thing before?!
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#24 » by tugs » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:41 am

maybe Mike should bench Dwight like what he did to Pau. :lol:

seriously, start Sacre and Clark. then plug in Dwight and Pau, sit Kobe and have them take turns in the P and R with Nash. Howard should realize he is at best when setting picks and not posting up. Pau lost some step but is still effective with the pick and pops.

try a quarter where only 2 guys are fed with the ball and only 2 guys shooting. let's see if you'll demand more. **** divas. :nonono: at least Pau's turning it around.
SkipBaseless
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#25 » by SkipBaseless » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:43 am

If he stopped smiling on the bench when we get blown out, maybe he would get more touches

leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#26 » by leeprettyp » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:04 am

SkipBaseless wrote:If he stopped smiling on the bench when we get blown out, maybe he would get more touches

Are people creating new accounts just so they can troll?
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#27 » by moonpie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:33 am

Let's be honest here is Dwight frustrated from a lack of touches or perhaps he's just tired from all those sleepless nights hunting ghosts?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNphHwkdM80[/youtube]

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm :o
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Stu Lantz - Dwight Ball stripped more than anyone in history 

Post#28 » by GeneralNash » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:41 am

I mean I don't blame Dwight necessarily, but these coaches don't seem to teach him how to protect the ball properly...seems so simple but yet he's stripped all the time. Is this a Dwight issue or a coaching issue?
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Re: Stu Lantz - Dwight Ball stripped more than anyone in his 

Post#29 » by nashill » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:48 am

GeneralNash wrote:I mean I don't blame Dwight necessarily, but these coaches don't seem to teach him how to protect the ball properly...seems so simple but yet he's stripped all the time. Is this a Dwight issue or a coaching issue?

ok teach a superstar who has been in the league for 10 years.... :(
Spurs.Grizzlies.Hawks.Bulls.Wizards.
TARIQ
Veteran
And1: 225

Post#30 » by TARIQ » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:35 pm

His awareness is low, he also tends to palm the ball very low
Wonderllama wrote:George/Hibbert = the next Kobe/Shaq?

PG seems like he could be even better than Kobe... IMO.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#31 » by kblo247 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:11 pm

He was taught by Ewing. Kwame did the same thing. Yao also did it if you go back and watch us vs the Rockets from 04 in the playoffs where Phil put Malone on him because Ewing had taught him that way, and Karl stripped his ass a lot. Kareem corrected Kwame somewhat well the best you can hope with his hands, and Hakeem is on record of taking Yao and starting from scratch one summer where they worked move by move, step by step to correct it.
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#32 » by Run-MKE 311 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:18 pm

This a great point and something which has gotten no run amidst all of the other drama. Dwight loses it a ton in the post and for someone with such impressive physicality and what I would believe to be strong hands, it is maddening to watch.

Technique certainly can be a part of the solution, but he has to want to be a force and take care of the ball. Looking as unengaged as he has this season, I think that is as much a part of the problem as anything for D12 right now.
Ball so hard.
TruSkool
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#33 » by TruSkool » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:04 pm

thank you! good call generalnash.

there are 2 big difference between dwight and bynum.

1. bynum makes free throws
2. bynum protects the ball

i don't know how you can be so big and strong and able to bully people in the post but get the ball stripped more than a stripper strips on a song.
dwight plays SOLELY on physical abilities. dude has limited mental approach to the game. kareem needs to step in, but i'd love for shaq to give him some tips.
Kevaroo
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#34 » by Kevaroo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:19 pm

Oh how the mood in this forum has changed... Here is a quote from Dwight involving the trade rumors. "They feel like I could just walk away. And that is my choice at the end of the season" You guys should have just asked a Magic fan what you were getting, when you were all salivating at the opportunity to have him
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#35 » by Kilroy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:24 pm

Magic fans had no idea what we were getting... Magic fans assumed he'd come back from surgery 100%.
We still don't even know that.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#36 » by Anklebreaker702 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:30 pm

TruSkool wrote:thank you! good call generalnash.

there are 2 big difference between dwight and bynum.

1. bynum makes free throws
2. bynum protects the ball

i don't know how you can be so big and strong and able to bully people in the post but get the ball stripped more than a stripper strips on a song.
dwight plays SOLELY on physical abilities. dude has limited mental approach to the game. kareem needs to step in, but i'd love for shaq to give him some tips.

This is a very accurate post. Problem is Drew's health. I really believe that's the only reason the Lakers traded him. I do believe we would have won more games had we still had him & he was healthy because he is the type of Center you can constantly dump the ball into & gets results & he will make his FT's
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Kevaroo
Sophomore

Post#37 » by Kevaroo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:30 pm

Kilroy wrote:Magic fans had no idea what we were getting... Magic fans assumed he'd come back from surgery 100%.

We knew exactly what you were getting. A selfish liar, every Magic fan with half a brain knew he'd be ready by the season opener (yes his injury wasn't as bad as people make it think) and if he didn't get the touches or the spotlight in his favor that he demanded would blame it on his injury. We all knew he'd get worse from the free throw being under a microscope. We knew it wouldn't work if he wasn't the number one option. We knew he'd blame it on the coach at some point. I mean the guy claims a torn labrum and is only out 3 games? lulz. Even if this Lakers team was sitting in 1st place in the league and he was getting 8 touches a game he'd be complaining.
Kevaroo
Sophomore

Post#38 » by Kevaroo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:32 pm

Kilroy wrote:Magic fans had no idea what we were getting... Magic fans assumed he'd come back from surgery 100%.

Sorry I forgot to add to you're last point, what do you mean you still don't know? He's played 41 games for you guys :lol: I'm beginning to think you are actually Dwight Howard
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Dwight: "Lakers turnaround starts with me" 

Post#39 » by Anklebreaker702 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:33 pm

VETERAN LAKER FAN
Kevaroo
Sophomore

Re: Dwight: "Lakers turnaround starts with me" 

Post#40 » by Kevaroo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:46 pm

Anklebreaker702 wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225747/Dwight_Lakers_Turnaround_Starts_With_Me

I actually believe the Lakers will win tonight, but if by the off chance they lose. What do you make of this statement?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers