Lopez-Love-Dwight Rumor

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Re: Lopez-Love-Dwight Rumor 

Post#21 » by DLeagueAllStars » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:38 pm

People are not looking at this closely enough from Wolves side of things.

While Lopez is under contract he is a center, along with Pek, so resigning Pek becomes not needed a trade for him would also need to be followed up.. Next Minn would need to find a rebounding PF to play next to Lopez, they dont have one on their roster after this move..

Lastly, you need to find enough REAL high quality assets to make MINN give up Love for just Lopez alone and then deal with moving Pek and so on..

The same will be said for POR or anyone else where they are trying to get a PF moved a deal..

Also the underlining note here is that Dwight is killing Mike D as a coach.. Calling for inside out game.. that isnt his style nor is it something Kobe is going to settle for.

As crazy as it sounds, if Mike D is the coach, I see a deal with NOH... move Lopez to play with his brother and Davis and have Ryan Anderson goto LA to play next to Pau.. or even Robin be a part of the deal to replace Pau down the road...

Lopez, Davis, SF, Gordon, Vasquez could be the start to a nice starting 5..
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#22 » by Krapinsky » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:07 pm

parson wrote:Reading the proposed trade, IF MIN were looking to trade Love to LA and IF MIN were willing to lose Pekovic, then why wouldn't THEY want Howard? Remember, they're losing Love anyway if they don't improve, as he'll exercise his option to leave early.

Also, they have Rubio, a pretty good (and young) PG to make Howard look good, and Derrick Williams, who's developed a good 3pt shot for a PF.

Add in whatever they can get by trading Pekovic and they're a very good team.

This all reads like NY wishful thinking from the journalists to sell newspapers. I'm sure EVERY GM is planning trade offers for Dwight Howard if the Lakers look like they're worried about keeping him.

Howard wouldn't resign in MN. If "we're losing Love anyway" then I'd rather trade him for a player(s) we could have under contract for several years.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
SCourGe OF GoD
Assistant Coach
And1: 51

Post#23 » by SCourGe OF GoD » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:27 pm

Yeah im down for that deal. Dwights apathy is pretty hard to watch and he has no back to the basket game what so ever. The only way id be down tomovefoward with Dwight wasif that CP3 deal didnt get vetoed. Id also ask for Gerald Wallace in this deal

JR : Next Gen
Jon1798
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,476

Post#24 » by Jon1798 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:52 pm

DLeagueAllStars wrote:As crazy as it sounds, if Mike D is the coach, I see a deal with NOH... move Lopez to play with his brother and Davis and have Ryan Anderson goto LA to play next to Pau.. or even Robin be a part of the deal to replace Pau down the road...

Lopez, Davis, SF, Gordon, Vasquez could be the start to a nice starting 5..

It's an interesting idea, though I think the Lakers wanted Anderson to play WITH Dwight. Would a package of Anderson and Robin Lopez be enough?

For the Hornets, I like the idea of putting Brook next to Davis. I've liked that since the offseason. Just not sure how I feel about giving up Ryan Anderson who is soooo important to this team. If we got the full Nets package, including Brook, Marshon Brooks, picks, etc., I would say we would have to be pretty interested.
"This post wants out of New Orleans" - Woj
SideSwipe
Analyst
And1: 660

Post#25 » by SideSwipe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:35 am

I fear it might be...

LAL trades: Gasol, Howard
LAL receives: Lopez, Love, Humphries

Minny trades: Love, Roy
Minny receives: Gasol, Brooks, BKN 2013, BKN 2015

BKN trades: Lopez, Humphries, Brooks, BKN 2013
BKN receives: Howard, Roy

LAL revamps, gets younger, prepares for the future and gets ready to rumble in the West for the rest of this year to see if they can eek out a playoff spot.

BKN bags their rumored target in Howard. This trade assumes he has been extended.

Minny cashes in on Love who has been injured and showed a potential desire to leave anyway. This combines Gasol with Rubio, and gives Williams a better chance to develop.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#26 » by jscott » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:53 am

SideSwipe wrote:I fear it might be...

LAL trades: Gasol, Howard
LAL receives: Lopez, Love, Humphries

Minny trades: Love, Roy

BKN trades: Lopez, Humphries, Brooks, BKN 2013
BKN receives: Howard, Roy

LAL revamps, gets younger, prepares for the future and gets ready to rumble in the West for the rest of this year to see if they can eek out a playoff spot.

BKN bags their rumored target in Howard. This trade assumes he has been extended.

Minny cashes in on Love who has been injured and showed a potential desire to leave anyway. This combines Gasol with Rubio, and gives Williams a better chance to develop.

This is absolutely BRUTAL for the Wolves.

Hardly call an overpaid, 32-year old with bad knees "cashing in" on Love.

The Gasol/Rubio thing is simply poor logic. Just because they both speak Spanish doesn't mean that they are destined to be teammates.
MNRunLeft
Starter
And1: 362

Post#27 » by MNRunLeft » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:21 am

SideSwipe wrote:Minny trades: Love, Roy

Apparently what you consider "cashing in" means the Wolves getting bent over? God awful value for the Wolves, I think you meant to say the Lakers are the team "cashing in".
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#28 » by Trader_Joe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:50 am

Not sure I can think of a good permutation.

The problem is not the Nets or Lopez...its LA trying to suck the value out if another deal.

But, I'll try.

Bk
Lopez, Hump, Wallace, Stackhouse, Brooks, Taylor, #1
for
Dwight, Gasol, Jamison, Duhon, Ebanks

Minny
Love, Steisma, Ridnour
For
Lopez, Clark, Brooks, T.Taylor, #1, #2

LA
Dwight, Gasol, Clark, Ebanks, Jamison, Duhon, #2
for
Love, Wallace, Hump, Ridnour, Steisma, Stackhouse
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
MNRunLeft
Starter

Post#29 » by MNRunLeft » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:04 am

Trader_Joe wrote:Not sure I can think of a good permutation.

The problem is not the Nets or Lopez...its LA trying to suck the value out if another deal.

But, I'll try.

Bk
Lopez, Hump, Wallace, Stackhouse, Brooks, Taylor, #1
for
Dwight, Gasol, Jamison, Duhon, Ebanks

Minny
Love, Steisma, Ridnour
For
Lopez, Clark, Brooks, T.Taylor, #1, #2

LA
Dwight, Gasol, Clark, Ebanks, Jamison, Duhon, #2
for
Love, Wallace, Hump, Ridnour, Steisma, Stackhouse

Issue for Wolves is fit or more specifically lack there of, Lopez is a good player but he's not a big enough upgrade over Pek to move Love. Doing a deal like this does not put the Wolves any closer to becoming a playoff team and at the same time does not restart any sort of rebuilding process, its a lose/lose deal that gets them stuck in the late lotto.
ORANGEandBLUE
RealGM
And1: 1,334

Post#30 » by ORANGEandBLUE » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:16 am

How about Dwight to Atlanta, Horford to Minny, and Love to LA?
MNRunLeft
Starter

Post#31 » by MNRunLeft » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:23 am

ORANGEandBLUE wrote:How about Dwight to Atlanta, Horford to Minny, and Love to LA?

Wolves still need another valuable asset to downgrade from Love to Horford, problem being neither LA or ATL has a promising young piece or valuable pick(s).
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,370

Post#32 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:52 am

How about Love to LAL, Horford/Brooks/1st to Minny,Lopez to Atlanta and Dwight to Brooklyn?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
parson
RealGM
And1: 469

Post#33 » by parson » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:11 am

Krapinsky wrote:Howard wouldn't resign in MN. If "we're losing Love anyway" then I'd rather trade him for a player(s) we could have under contract for several years.

Maybe, but Love-for-Howard is a great trade while Love-for-Lopez is a poor exchange for the Wolves. If Howard enjoyed playing with Rubio, who knows what could happen?
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
basketbob
Junior
And1: 42

Post#34 » by basketbob » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:12 am

I imagine the Nuggs would be interested in Lopez, if the Lakers would prefer, say McGee and Iguodola. Some extras needed to make $ work. Something like D12, ebanks to BRK; McGee and AI to LA; Lopez, Teletovic to DEN
More free is better
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#35 » by DLeagueAllStars » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:20 am

None of the deals above have the value needed to move Love from the Minn when they still have Pek at center...
parson
RealGM

Post#36 » by parson » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:22 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:How about Love to LAL, Horford/Brooks/1st to Minny,Lopez to Atlanta and Dwight to Brooklyn?

ATL has an inside track at obtaining Howard if he goes to free agency and we're going to help a team that has no chance of signing him to a FA contract?

Man, the Nets would have to pay us a ton for us to help them like that. And we wouldn't offer Horford in that kind of an exchange.
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#37 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:05 am

parson wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:How about Love to LAL, Horford/Brooks/1st to Minny,Lopez to Atlanta and Dwight to Brooklyn?

ATL has an inside track at obtaining Howard if he goes to free agency and we're going to help a team that has no chance of signing him to a FA contract?

Man, the Nets would have to pay us a ton for us to help them like that. And we wouldn't offer Horford in that kind of an exchange.

I'm sorry but Howard to Atlanta is just such an ultra long shot.

It'll go force his way to BK now, walk to Dallas or Houston, then walk to Atlanta if he doesn't stay in LA.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
parson
RealGM

Post#38 » by parson » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:16 am

And yet, the Hawks are being mentioned more and more. Just yesterday, I saw an article where Magic Johnson told the Mavericks that they'd better empty the bank for Howard before he ends up in ATL.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#39 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:25 am

parson wrote:And yet, the Hawks are being mentioned more and more. Just yesterday, I saw an article where Magic Johnson told the Mavericks that they'd better empty the bank for Howard before he ends up in ATL.

When you're using Magic as your source you know you're wishing on a star haha.

Eh man, more power to you if the Hawks get him, I would be absolutely shocked though.
deanwoof
Assistant Coach
And1: 811

Post#40 » by deanwoof » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:29 am

the only good thing about trading with atlanta is getting a locked-up at a great price 4 years of al horford. at this point with how dwight and love seemingly want out of their situations, i'd think twolves or lakers would do the deal just to be over it.

Return to Trades and Transactions