ImageImageImageImage

ESPN Insider Info

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

mbn23
Pro Prospect
And1: 76

ESPN Insider Info 

Post#1 » by mbn23 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:06 pm

Does anyone have ESPN Insider, I'm interested in what the article was about when it comes to the winners and losers of the Howard trade?

Thanks so much
Just Sayin
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,506

Re: ESPN Insider Info 

Post#2 » by shadrock » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:18 pm

enable your private messages, got something totally unrelated to talk to you about :|
BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man
And1: 317

Post#3 » by BaunceyChillups » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:19 pm

i'll just post the Magic section

Perhaps we owe the Magic an apology. When new general manager Rob Hennigan dealt one of the top three players in the league for a package headlined by Arron Afflalo, most people either laughed or shook their heads in astonishment -- and sometimes both.

But look who's laughing now. No, the Magic aren't good this season, but that was all part of the plan. All they need was a young stud to build around. And it looks like they have one, even if we couldn't see it at the time.

Largely overlooked in the trade, Vucevic, 22, has been a revelation at center for the Magic, and is averaging 11.7 points and 11.1 rebounds this season. Here's the list of active players who have averaged 11-and-11 by age 22: Howard, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, Carlos Boozer, Elton Brand and Tim Duncan.

The former USC Trojan has been particularly good lately, averaging 15 points and 14.9 rebounds in his past 10 games, including a 20-point, 29-rebound effort against the defending champion Miami Heat. Vucevic also has nearly as many double-doubles this season (21) as Howard and Andrew Bynum combined (23).

We just don't see that level of production at this age. Whether the Magic knew exactly what they were getting in Vucevic, this is the kind of shrewd move that can turn a franchise around.

Though it's clear that Afflalo, whose efficiency numbers have taken a dive in his new digs, isn't quite ready to be a go-to guy on offense, the Magic also found a steal in rookie Andrew Nicholson, who might be the third-best big man in the 2012 class behind lottery picks Andre Drummond and Anthony Davis this season.

The Magic are currently projected to finish with 29 wins, which probably won't be low enough to have a good shot at a top-three pick in the upcoming draft. But it's a good bet that win number will fall if they deal veterans J.J. Redick and Jameer Nelson to contending teams looking to bolster their depth at the trade deadline. With cap space, young blossoming talent and veterans on trade-friendly deals, the Magic have to be thrilled with their situation so far. We may never know what kind of offers the Magic received for Howard, but considering how limited he has looked after back surgery and his imminent free agency at the end of the season, they picked a pretty darn good time to sell high.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#4 » by RookieStar » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:58 pm

Well with the way things worked out, i'm sure a lot more magic fans are laughing NOW at the way they weere worried about what package we could've gotten for dwight
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#5 » by rcklsscognition » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:57 pm

If we somehow end up with Muhammad or Mclemore after all this we'll be smiling this summer.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,970

Post#6 » by Nyce_1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:09 am

rcklsscognition wrote:If we somehow end up with Muhammad or Mclemore after all this we'll be smiling this summer.

Wiggins/Parker are thé réal prizes for our efforts.
mbn23
Pro Prospect
And1: 76

Post#7 » by mbn23 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:23 am

shadrock wrote:enable your private messages, got something totally unrelated to talk to you about :|

as far as i know, my messenging is fine

BaunceyChillups, thanks for the info, greatly appreciated
Just Sayin
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#8 » by OrlandO » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:52 am

BaunceyChillups wrote:i'll just post the Magic section

Vucevic also has nearly as many double-doubles this season (21) as Howard and Andrew Bynum combined (23).

haha what a cheap shot at Bynum
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#9 » by OrlandO » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:53 am

RookieStar wrote:Well with the way things worked out, i'm sure BadMofoPimp is laughing NOW at the way he was worried about what package we could've gotten for dwight

fixed.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,068

Post#10 » by bigdogdylan5 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:58 am

OrlandO wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Well with the way things worked out, i'm sure BadMofoPimp is laughing NOW at the way he was worried about what package we could've gotten for dwight

fixed.

this is true BMP was really bad when we made that deal complaining for days on end now I don't hear a damn thing lol
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz takes:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year.
bigpimpatl
Veteran
And1: 1,213

Post#11 » by bigpimpatl » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:43 am

uhhh we still got fleeced in the trade. We couldn't get even get an unprotected pick from any of the teams.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,068

Post#12 » by bigdogdylan5 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:20 pm

bigpimpatl wrote:uhhh we still got fleeced in the trade. We couldn't get even get an unprotected pick from any of the teams.
this drives me nuts other than the clippers trading their pick for mo Williams when was the last time a team traded a unprotected pick? Prolly because of that u won't see it again so don't give me this ignorant crap no matter where u pick u can find value especially with 2014 pick in loaded draft stop complaining already
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz takes:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#13 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:13 pm

OrlandO wrote:

fixed.

LOL. I still think the Magic got the short end of the stick. Dwight is worth a few lottery picks on top of what we got. Fortunately, there is a bright spot in Vucci!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#14 » by CourtsideTV » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:44 pm

bigpimpatl wrote:uhhh we still got fleeced in the trade. We couldn't get even get an unprotected pick from any of the teams.

nikkuh. you need to wear that fleece if you pimpin up in NYC
Work Hard
bigpimpatl
Veteran

Post#15 » by bigpimpatl » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:42 am

CourtsideTV wrote:

man I'm hanging out with tamer hosny foo I gettin A-R-A-B money geeeeeee
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#16 » by KingRobb02 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:55 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
OrlandO wrote:

fixed.

LOL. I still think the Magic got the short end of the stick. Dwight is worth a few lottery picks on top of what we got. Fortunately, there is a bright spot in Vucci!

Look at what the Suns got for Nash and compare that to what we got for Dwight.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#17 » by Cigamodnalro » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:13 pm

bigpimpatl wrote:
CourtsideTV wrote:

Is that you, Al Gore?
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#18 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:24 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:Look at what the Suns got for Nash and compare that to what we got for Dwight.

I know. The Suns made out like bandits for a 39 year old player who can't play a lick of defense. Nothing against Nash the great competitor, but that sure was a lot to spend on him.

Problem with Nash and Kobe on the same team is Nash is a team defense kind of guy while Kobe is a man to man defense type of player. That team is just getting worked over by perimeter players.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#19 » by KingRobb02 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:20 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
KingRobb02 wrote:Look at what the Suns got for Nash and compare that to what we got for Dwight.

I know. The Suns made out like bandits for a 39 year old player who can't play a lick of defense. Nothing against Nash the great competitor, but that sure was a lot to spend on him.

Problem with Nash and Kobe on the same team is Nash is a team defense kind of guy while Kobe is a man to man defense type of player. That team is just getting worked over by perimeter players.

For the last few years, they both seem to prefer the "matador" type of defense.
bigpimpatl
Veteran

Post#20 » by bigpimpatl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:21 am

Cigamodnalro wrote:
bigpimpatl wrote:
CourtsideTV wrote:

Is that you, Al Gore?

courtside who is this guy? He messin wit my swag.

Return to Orlando Magic