ImageImageImage

Fire Blanks

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

phx#7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,316

Re: Fire Blanks 

Post#21 » by phx#7 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:45 pm

Scubetrolis wrote:i dont really think that eric gordon thing belongs up there...im pretty sure most people would agree that was a good move. obviously there was only a slim chance of actually getting him...whatever though.

Imagine where this team would be with Eric Gordon. Better record but still no playoffs and no cap space. That was a terrible signing and I thank the Hornets for not letting Blanks screw the team on that move.
Scubetrolis
Senior
And1: 235

Post#22 » by Scubetrolis » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:55 pm

phx#7 wrote:
Scubetrolis wrote:i dont really think that eric gordon thing belongs up there...im pretty sure most people would agree that was a good move. obviously there was only a slim chance of actually getting him...whatever though.

Imagine where this team would be with Eric Gordon. Better record but still no playoffs and no cap space. That was a terrible signing and I thank the Hornets for not letting Blanks screw the team on that move.

Ok, im imagining...We have a nice back court with Dragic + Gordon. Our record is about the same. We dont have Beasley. We still have 2 first round picks...and we have SOME excitement.
phx#7
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by phx#7 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:02 am

Scubetrolis wrote:
Ok, im imagining...We have a nice back court with Dragic + Gordon. Our record is about the same. We dont have Beasley. We still have 2 first round picks...and we have SOME excitement.

Beasley was signed first so he's still on the team. Gordon is a borderline all-star that has only played in 60% of games his teams have played and would be making max money on a team with no other star and few options going forward.
ShawnBronald
Sixth Man
And1: 365

Post#24 » by ShawnBronald » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:19 am

phx#7 wrote:It's only guaranteed for 1mil and they can use the stretch provision to bring the cap hit as low as $333K. Brown's guaranteed money for next season has no real impact on the team.

Where do you see that? Most places I've looked at say he gets half of his $3.5M if waived by the team. Either way, though, it was a horrible signing that never should have happened.
Scubetrolis
Senior
And1: 235

Post#25 » by Scubetrolis » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:20 am

youre right, we did sign beasley first, my mistake. i understand what you are saying, but i dont think we will be able to sign a better player than gordon.

our team is going to be bad for a long time. i think you can build around gordon and dragic. we have players that teams want. i think you are overestimating the players we will be getting in the draft, outside of the top 3 it is hard to find a franchise changing player. i think blanks and babby are horrible, i just dont think that particular move was that bad and i can at least understand it.
phx#7
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by phx#7 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:32 am

ShawnBronald wrote:
phx#7 wrote:It's only guaranteed for 1mil and they can use the stretch provision to bring the cap hit as low as $333K. Brown's guaranteed money for next season has no real impact on the team.

Where do you see that? Most places I've looked at say he gets half of his $3.5M if waived by the team. Either way, though, it was a horrible signing that never should have happened.

I put it up, but I don't think his signing is of any significance, especially compared to the other moves.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#27 » by ATTL » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:37 am

DirtyDez wrote:What is Lon's role in all of this?

Just another head on the 3-headed beast of ineptitude.
RunSunRun
Veteran
And1: 722

Post#28 » by RunSunRun » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:39 am

I really wish I knew how $arver feels about Babby and Blanks, maybe he loves the guys for being yes men, who knows.

All I do know is that things have to be really really bad for the Phoenix sports media to call you out. Most of our local reporters are pure brown nosers who are little more than shills for the franchises, to have so many of them come out against the Suns just goes to show that this is a unprecedented train wreck.
phx#7
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by phx#7 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:44 am

RunSunRun wrote:All I do know is that things have to be really really bad for the Phoenix sports media to call you out. Most of our local reporters are pure brown nosers who are little more than shills for the franchises, to have so many of them come out against the Suns just goes to show that this is a unprecedented train wreck.

Excellent point. Especially when it comes to the Suns. The sports media may make fun of the Cards for their history of futility but I don't recall them ever coming out in force putting top personnel on full blast like this before. Hopefully they continue until it starts resonating with the power that be.
Nando88
Veteran
And1: 256

Post#30 » by Nando88 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:16 am

its funny how everybody BUT Paul Coro has released some sort of article ripping the front office
WallabyPie
Senior
And1: 13

Post#31 » by WallabyPie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:57 am

Calvin Klein wrote:
TruthTelling wrote:You can't look at these things in hindsight only.

Dragic and a late pick for Brooks looked like a steal at the time. Dragic was one of the worst performing players in the league and Brooks a few months away from winning most improved..

This does not fit with your name.

What's wrong with what he said?

Dragic was absolutely horrible. We were losing double digit leads with Dragic on the court in almost every game.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,028

Post#32 » by RaisingArizona » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:56 am

I'm ginobiliflops and I approve this message.
NiGhtWiSh
Senior
And1: 7

Post#33 » by NiGhtWiSh » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:30 am

I don't blame Blanks. You can say - he's destroying Suns. But..
I see Suns destroyed before B&B era - with old, outfueled roster of Nash & Hill as cores. It was the main reason of todays situation.
IMHO Blanks & Babby may have a vision of totally new Suns organization. They know that - besides Draft - no one great player will sign here in - let's say - 10 years. So they must make this team competitive other way. So they fixed to go defence. And it's right direction. It's easier, cheaper and faster to make a defensive roster who will fight like hell, gain wins and... fans. And they are doing it.
You say - look who's signed at the moment. I say - wait till next offseason. It was impossible to build better roster this offseason. Same way, it was impossible to change mentality and whole game of the Suns with Gentry.
I give Blanks credit. I give Hunter credit.
Remember - Hunter was one of serious candidates in Orlando, to be next one after SVG aka Ron Jeremy ;)
Offense wins games, Defense wins championships...
GrantHill
Veteran
And1: 74

Post#34 » by GrantHill » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:03 am

JO and I are two competitive guys who had an argument, and that was it. We walked out (of the coach's office where the argument took place) giving high-fives and brother hugs, and it's over."

:lol:
Hill on Nash going to the Lakers: “That’s like transferring from Duke and going to Carolina.”
Sunsdeuce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,189

Post#35 » by Sunsdeuce » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:46 pm

This gets better and better.

@paulcoro: Who gets 'em? MT @fakejoshjody: @paulcoro suns took the majerle fathead promo scheduled for 1/30 off their promotional calendar on website.

I'm all for promoting a majerle fathead for suns GM. It will get more accomplished by sitting their and shaking it's head then blanks and his lack of a head!
“Cash Considerations” or Bust!

Only a fan of Arizona teams!
CARDINALS
Dbacks
Suns
Coyotes
Sunsdeuce
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by Sunsdeuce » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:55 pm

NiGhtWiSh wrote:I don't blame Blanks. You can say - he's destroying Suns. But..
I see Suns destroyed before B&B era - with old, outfueled roster of Nash & Hill as cores. It was the main reason of todays situation.
IMHO Blanks & Babby may have a vision of totally new Suns organization. They know that - besides Draft - no one great player will sign here in - let's say - 10 years. So they must make this team competitive other way. So they fixed to go defence. And it's right direction. It's easier, cheaper and faster to make a defensive roster who will fight like hell, gain wins and... fans. And they are doing it.
You say - look who's signed at the moment. I say - wait till next offseason. It was impossible to build better roster this offseason. Same way, it was impossible to change mentality and whole game of the Suns with Gentry.
I give Blanks credit. I give Hunter credit.
Remember - Hunter was one of serious candidates in Orlando, to be next one after SVG aka Ron Jeremy ;)

I'm trying to figure out where u have been. 1) Blanks created a lot of this with his silly trades.(see dragic trade) 2) hunter has zero again that's 0 coaching experience and is currently under a FBI investigation. How do yOu see anyhing good about these yo-yos?

CARDINALS
Dbacks
Suns
Coyotes
Sunsdeuce
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by Sunsdeuce » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:11 pm

More funny stuff I read. Lindsey doesn't know how to teach and run practices. The assistants are running all practices. What a joke. Blanks and hunter are screwing up the organization so bad, all u can do is smile and shake your head in disbelief!

CARDINALS
Dbacks
Suns
Coyotes
GrantHill
Veteran
And1: 74

Post#38 » by GrantHill » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:59 pm

Kristofer Habbas ‏@Kris_Habbas

If there was ever a time to be on the road scouting for the most important draft the #Suns have had in years, it is now.... Instead GM Lance Blanks & scout John Treloar will travel with the team.
Hill on Nash going to the Lakers: “That’s like transferring from Duke and going to Carolina.”
NiGhtWiSh
Senior

Post#39 » by NiGhtWiSh » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:07 pm

Yeah, you all must be right and this whole Suns organization, a half-billion dollars business, they are always wrong. Believe me, it's not true.
Say what you want. Any stupid idea you have in mind. No problem. I pass.
NiGhtWiSh
Senior

Post#40 » by NiGhtWiSh » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:10 pm

GrantHill wrote:
Kristofer Habbas ‏@Kris_Habbas

If there was ever a time to be on the road scouting for the most important draft the #Suns have had in years, it is now.... Instead GM Lance Blanks & scout John Treloar will travel with the team.

Yeah, they don't know about prospects. This ONE WEEK will make a difference. Holy ****... Have mercy, THINK!!

Return to Phoenix Suns