Did Dwightmare 2013 Trade Deadline Edition Just Begin?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Will Dwight be Traded?

Yes
43%
No, and he stays with the Lakers
27%
No, and he signs with another team
31%

Total votes: 167

ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,609

Re: Sources: Dwight Howard unhappy with role 

Post#101 » by ChosenSavior » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:35 am

Sn0wman wrote:
Jimmy Recard wrote:God bless skaterdude

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
DRose4MVP
General Manager
And1: 214

Re: Did Dwightmare 2013 Trade Deadline Edition Just Begin? 

Post#102 » by DRose4MVP » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:37 am

Other than more money, why would Dwight Howard want to stay in LA?

Their future looks terrible.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/r_shinn
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Re: Sources: Dwight Howard unhappy with role 

Post#103 » by LOUiS-D » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:20 am

wolfv wrote:This is where god wanted Dwight to play

So I guess god wanted to punish him. Makes sense.
twomangame
Junior
And1: 33

Post#104 » by twomangame » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:24 am

As a Mavs fan, I refuse to believe that Howard will leave to Dallas in the offseason. Most of these superstars' agents are probably just using Dallas as some sort of "fake preferred destination" to gain some leverage on the offers. Mavs don't have any desirable trade assets for LA, so scrap the trade idea as well.

Geez...I understand why LA probably wants to trade him; I also get it why D12 wants out. But, as an NBA fan in general, it irritates me when I see his name all over the internet pulling the same crap again.

Its just gonna be BKN or the Lakers for D12. Anyway.. I feel bad for Brook Lopez tho. A lot of people (me included) don't take him seriously as a franchise centerpiece. But I have to admit he has been the Nets' best player this season. In the end, Prokh and Billy King still wants D12. :D
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#105 » by kingkirk » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:38 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:Let's take about 5 steps back and think about this... The Lakers are going to amnesty Kobe Bean Bryant.

People clearly don't know how the amnesty works if they think the Lakers are about to amnesty the greatest Laker of all time.

He will not be amnestied, Dwight won't be traded.

If anyone moves, it will Pau, or if they we're smart, D'Antoni.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,199

Post#106 » by J-Mezzy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:42 am

KingCuban wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Let's take about 5 steps back and think about this... The Lakers are going to amnesty Kobe Bean Bryant.

People clearly don't know how the amnesty works if they think the Lakers are about to amnesty the greatest Laker of all time.

I can't believe the whole amnesty even came up. That is beyond absurd; having said that, Kobe is not the greatest Laker of all time.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#107 » by kingkirk » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:54 am

J-Mezzy wrote:
KingCuban wrote:

I can't believe the whole amnesty even came up. That is beyond absurd; having said that, Kobe is not the greatest Laker of all time.

Its arguable, and something i'd like to do in another thread on the PC board, so i won't go any further and derail the topic.

Like you said, amnestying Kobe will not happen. Lebron has more of a chance of being amnestied than Kobe.
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 17,578

Post#108 » by HotRocks34 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:35 pm

KingCuban wrote:
Dwight won't be traded.

Thought about it more last night and I agree with this now.

I think Dwight would like to leave (at this moment), and I think Kobe might be happy to see Dwight go, but the Lakers front office doesn't want to lose Dwight and I think ultimately they will convince Dwight to stay.

Of course, where Dwight is concerned you never can be sure.

I imagine the pitch to Dwight will be something like "hey, hang in there. Very soon, this team will be yours."
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid, including a 2nd-round game on the road
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs without Klay
BIGGIEsmalls 23
Banned User
And1: 810

Post#109 » by BIGGIEsmalls 23 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:29 pm

The Los Angeles Lakers have consistently turned away trade inquiries in recent weeks for All-Star center Dwight Howard and still believe they have a strong chance of signing him to a new contract when Howard becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer, according to sources close to the situation.

But sources told ESPN.com this week the Lakers might be forced to reconsider that position between now and the Feb. 21 trade deadline because of Howard's growing unhappiness with his role under coach Mike D'Antoni and the potential that raises for Howard leaving them in July without compensation.

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak, however, said that a trade is not imminent.

But sources say that Howard, as the Lakers' struggles have mounted, has dropped hints within team circles about his discomfort in D'Antoni's system and that he could consider moving on if things don't improve or change.

ESPN.com reported earlier this month that there's no shortage of rival executives who believe that the Dallas Mavericks and Atlanta Hawks -- who'll both have the requisite cap space to steal him away -- would get serious consideration from Howard if he decides to explore his options in free agency.

"I have it as Lakers, Dallas or Atlanta for Dwight," one Western Conference GM said recently.

The Brooklyn Nets are believed to still strongly intrigue Howard as a future destination after the Nets' long-running attempts to trade for him last season. But after re-signing Deron Williams and Brook Lopez last summer and taking on more than $300 million in long-term salary commitments, Brooklyn can only acquire Howard via trade now, which would likely require an additional team (or teams) to join in even if the Lakers were amenable.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/i ... ght-howard
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#110 » by seren » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:34 pm

Sources say Lakers might be forced?

What a great journalism... I should be a reporter.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#111 » by Flash3 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Hope he ends up with the Wolves
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#112 » by LakerLegend » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:51 pm

Yes....Kobe, Dwight, and Pau are unhappy with the system so the Lakers are going to amnesty Kobe, trade Dwight and Pau....so we can keep D'Antoni.

:lol:
NekiEcko
Bench Warmer
And1: 336

Post#113 » by NekiEcko » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:54 pm

Here is what I think, if the Lakers is below .500 by time of the All-Star Game. They will probably be shopping him around. Nets has a chance but they might need to added a third team to the mix. But is a Dallas and Atlanta foot match if Dwight is traded, besides holding his bird rights is more important then just have him on that team.
arkknight1988
Assistant Coach
And1: 172

Post#114 » by arkknight1988 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:55 pm

He deserves to sit out the playoffs like the rest of the team. He's trying to jump ship and take no blame for their terrible season. If I'm the lakers I make him walk and take less money if that's what he wants.
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#115 » by MaliBrah » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:29 pm

I hope dwight is either banished to the winters of minnesota or he walks for free in the summer after the lakers already trade pau for scraps . that would just be golden
GetItDone
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#116 » by GetItDone » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:42 pm

I don't really see any team having the assets except the Nets w/ Lopez.
ThatsWhatIShved wrote:Disrespectfull thread. I would take 06 Arenas over Lebron. Other than traveling and suspected PED use, what does Lebron have over Gil?
MrCheerios
Analyst
And1: 887

Post#117 » by MrCheerios » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:57 pm

The Lakers have his bird rights. Dwight won't walk away from 30 million guaranteed, especially since he's getting a taste of what injuries can do to his career. They have absolutely nothing to worry about.
ShowTimeERA
Assistant Coach
And1: 208

Post#118 » by ShowTimeERA » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:57 pm

GetItDone wrote:I don't really see any team having the assets except the Nets w/ Lopez.

Nobody is touching Lopez with a 15ft pole. Granted he's playing we'll this season, his foot is still a concern along with his outrageous contract. Think about it, is LA going to blow their 2014 plans for Brook Lopez?
Swift924
Sixth Man
And1: 14

Post#119 » by Swift924 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:26 pm

PROBLEM SOLVED ...SEND IT

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bbrhrmo

Atlanta Hawks Starting Line Up

PG- Monta Ellis
SG-John Jenkins
SF-Anthony Morrow
PF- Josh Smith
C-Dwight Howard

Why Hawks make this trade: bring in fans and new level of excititment . Pair friends Josh/Dwight and Monta all together for next 3-5 years and make a run and try and get a piece or two . Team will be inconsistent but at times be a solid playoff team centered around Dwight and Monta as a 3rd option is not a bad option .

Mil Bucks starting lineup

PG- Jeff Teague
SG- Brandon Jennings
SF- Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
PF- Larry Sanders
C- Pau Gasol

Why Mil makes the trade. : Give Jennings a low post scorer so he isnt forced to put up shots . Also gives them a big man to put along side Sanders . Bucks are about to lose Ellis a trade for Gasol and keep Jennings gives Bucks some hope . The loss of Ellis to Teague is minimal

LA Lakers starting line up

PG- Steve Nash
SG-Kobe Bryant
SF-Mike Dunleavy
PF- Ersan
C- Al Horford

Lakers become young and more agile and better fit for Nash and Pringles offensive scheme. They become a better perimeter shooting team as well and Nash and Horford can run the pick and roll
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#120 » by Cigamodnalro » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:27 pm

https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd

Return to The General Board