ImageImageImageImageImage

Do we have the most horrible fans in the league?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,764

Re: Do we have the most horrible fans in the league? 

Post#41 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:28 am

It's because I suck. I am a truly pathetic sports fan. When I cheer for a team I tolerate the bad times so I can enjoy the good times. This is a completely self centered and selfish moronic point of view. A truly loyal fan will support a team regardless of the fact that most of the moves it makes guarantees continued mediocrity. I am sorry that my expectation of eventual success may spoil the enjoyment of more optimistic fans.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Supercollider
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#42 » by Supercollider » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:33 am

Dennis 37 wrote:A truly loyal fan will support a team regardless of the fact that most of the moves it makes guarantees continued mediocrity.

Don't confuse loyalty with blindness devotion.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,351

Post#43 » by Hero » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:35 am

Our fans are awesome...well except those morons with Raptors jerseys who were clapping like crazy for the Lakers and Kobe..
SwaggWagg
Banned User
And1: 329

Post#44 » by SwaggWagg » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:46 am

dballislife wrote:Why do we have such extremely negative, idiotic, and simply horrible fan base.

I've been saying this for years. This fanbase isn't too bright, pretty simple really.
B00Yah
Senior
And1: 597

Post#45 » by B00Yah » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:46 am

Lakers have the worst fans.

One of the best things about the season is watching them suffer.

Raptors have some of the best fans, though a little masochistic.
B00Yah
Senior
And1: 597

Post#46 » by B00Yah » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:48 am

There's no disputing that we love our pizza (smh in embarrassment).
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#47 » by ballislife » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:48 am

The most passionate fans.
Waylon Mercy
Banned User
And1: 6,644

Post#48 » by Waylon Mercy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:52 am

I've found the "fans" on here unbearable the past month or so and haven't posted or read
many threads as usual. The team and its bleak short term future is already enough to handle
can't take the incompetent fans over taking the good ones on here.
Scase
General Manager
And1: 7,039

Post#49 » by Scase » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:54 am

You misspelled franchise "fans".
Props TZ!
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#50 » by Phenomenologist » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:49 am

So, let's see, we're like top-10 in attendance despite having missed the playoffs for, what, six years now? And despite having been horribly mismanaged during that time.

No, actually, we're incredible (arguably incredibly stupid) fans for putting up with the **** we do. Most other fan bases abandon their team when their results and prospects are this bad. And what the **** is there to be positive about, pray tell?
Hyperglide
Pro Prospect
And1: 277

Post#51 » by Hyperglide » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:00 am

If we had a good team to cheer for then we wouldn't seem so negative and gloomy. We have a **** GM and a pretty crappy roster other than a few bright spots but no real future either.
WalterCronkite
Rookie
And1: 106

Post#52 » by WalterCronkite » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

We don't have many fans, just mainly drama queens.
Legal Non-Conforming
Sixth Man
And1: 388

Post#53 » by Legal Non-Conforming » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:49 pm

Of course, you left out all sorts of other options. For example,

#4: Enjoy the game don't get your shorts in a knot about a lot of things you don't have any control over

#5: Use some time for self-reflection--ask yourself why you spend so much time carping and whining about people you don't know and especially ask yourself what this is doing to you

Landomar wrote:Option 1: Ignore the team

Option 2: Trash management / our roster on a regular basis because we're fed up with the performance of this franchise over the years. Our leadership has been incompetent for years and it's frustrating. Hopefully the new ownership group will be able to steer things in a good direction this offseason, but we'll see.

Option 3: Blind optimism!

Most of us are going with Option 2 these days. It's just how it is.
“The North Remembers"
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#54 » by Death Knight » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:14 pm

People who say this have no idea and probably never visit any other boards or website aside from this.

Enough of us tell it like it is anyways. We say what we see out on the basketball court. Nothing is being made up here. Don't be calling us haters just because your favourite player/boy is playing like garbage and we rip them.
gamer4Life
General Manager
And1: 1,077

Post#55 » by gamer4Life » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:31 pm

Maybe not the most horrible, but pretty bad.

The day we sided with management and the media against Vince Carter was the day we deserved mediocrity for the next decade.

The media kowtows to management and we eat it up.
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,426

Post#56 » by Harry Palmer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:33 pm

Raps in 4!
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,674

Post#57 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:50 pm

Hard to make sweeping judgements about the group of fans as a whole. I think we have a large online following. Many are very cuastic and hateful, but I think that may just be standard for the internet. Hyperbole reigns. I do find it funny when people online talk about all the support they get. I mean, are they the people that are going to the ACC and turning up? What's hardcore, to read and write on a forum everyday, or to drag your but to the ACC and support the team. Somesay supporting the team is counterproductive, others may point to the fact that if we want to keep it here, we need to keep the support up, or they'll be quick to say it can't work in the market and pack it up.

For the purposes of entertainment, I can't tell you I don't enjoy the games, either on TV or the roughly once per year I travel to the ACC from the maritimes to watch a game. That's why I go and watch. Even though the ending of a lot of games have been tragic, it wasn't like it was clear playing Indy in the ist game that we were playing a much better team. I'd say, despite the record, teams get a challenge from us either at home or in their building. There are always one or two that get away, in a bad way.

So, I think we have a lot of people that follow in their way, whether it be online, at ACC, in their home across the country, and I think there are probably a few "horrible people". You come across them and wonder is it this team that draws them, or are they just here for the audience or do they get off on trolling and online confrontations?
I recall hearing about the Jose death threat, I recall hearing about a fan giving Acy a hard time for taking his son out for a cupcake before opening night. But I don't think that should be applied to the whole, as on the whole, I think we have great fan support. In a large following, there's gonna be a few A -holes. That doesn't mean anyone critical or overly homerish, just means there are gonna be people who are likely just A-holes.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,793

Post#58 » by lobosloboslobos » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:11 pm

Legal Non-Conforming wrote:Of course, you left out all sorts of other options. For example,

#4: Enjoy the game don't get your shorts in a knot about a lot of things you don't have any control over

#5: Use some time for self-reflection--ask yourself why you spend so much time carping and whining about people you don't know and especially ask yourself what this is doing to you

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#59 » by dballislife » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:43 pm

just alil too much negativity and harsh criticism towards a young team on here
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#60 » by vini_vidi_vici » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:50 pm

You mean a fanbase who thinks a random dunk by the 12th man is noteworthy?

You mean a fanbase so "passionate" it makes "Fan Fiction" not once, but twice?

I actually appreciate the fans of this franchise, but the kids who inhabit this place are horrible.

Return to Toronto Raptors