ImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,068

Re: Official Trade Thread 

Post#781 » by Ed Pinkney » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:44 pm

I know Cleveland had the trade exception to take all the salary back but Speights is a decent big man, he could have helped us.
icincoi
Junior
And1: 6

Post#782 » by icincoi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:35 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:I think a Bass, Green and Terry for Pau Gasol might make some sense. Gasol's contract ends the same time as Paul Pierce. Celtics get a big to go with KG. Celtics get out of long term deals of Terry, Bass and Green.

might as well ask for Howard
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,280

Post#783 » by chrisab123 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:10 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Would you trade Rondo if you could get back Gortat AND Dragic?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=anp3wwe

Come on? Would you expect the Thunder to trade Westbrook for this package? Rondo is a franchise point guard and its going to take him leaving for peanuts for the majority of fans to acknowledge this. The fan base was happier when JR Bremmer and Kenny Anderson were running the point. We don't deserve Rondo, period!
Waider
Junior
And1: 189

Post#784 » by Waider » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 pm

As I mentioned earlier in this thread my dream scenario is now that Dwight & Cousins have same agent, somehow he demands that Dwight go to the new Kings/Sonics franchise as face of & Cousins go to Celtics. As part of a 3-teamer with Lakers. They could work something out that appeals to all 3 franchises.

I am saying my prayers now, haha.
This is hardly even fair, the rest of the league is playing checkers and Danny Ainge is playing 12-dimensional chess.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#785 » by Andrew McCeltic » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:35 pm

There was a weird, unsubstantiated Kings/Lakers/Celtics rumor within the last few weeks- I forget the details, but it had enough unexpected moving parts to seem plausible.. like Thomas Robinson going to the Lakers, Gasol to the Kings, Cousins to Boston.. we were giving up odd peripheral players, Terry, Green and Bass, I think..
Waider
Junior
And1: 189

Post#786 » by Waider » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:06 am

How about something like;

CELTICS - Cousins (Kings), Duhon (Lakers)
LAKERS - Salmons (Kings), Bass (Celtics), Evans (Kings), Robinson (Kings)
KINGS - Howard (Lakers), Melo (Celtics)

Or something similar.
This is hardly even fair, the rest of the league is playing checkers and Danny Ainge is playing 12-dimensional chess.
soxfan2003
RealGM
And1: 4,178

Some Rebuilding Trades including KG to OKC 

Post#787 » by soxfan2003 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:45 am

If the Celtics decide to rebuild, I think they have to consider trading KG, who can vetoe any deal, to a very strong championship contender and Rondo to a team that will pay the most for him.

Then leave it up to PP to make his decision upon whether he wants to stay with the rebuilding Celtics and retire after next year.

I realize KG has a no trade clause but if the situation appears hopeless of making a gigantic trade near the deadline to turn this team around, I'd advocate trading KG to...

Oklahoma City for Perkins and multiple picks including the pick that OKC got in the Harden deal. Then the Celtics can perhaps buy out Perkins after this season. With OKC, KG would be a great bet to get two more championships that a player of his caliber clearly deserves and his presence would make sure Miami doesn't win another championship...
I'm not sure what team would want Rondo the most but it would make sense to deal him as well for future picks since it would be 2-3 years before the Celtics are contenders. And in the absence of Rondo, the team would lose even more games and get a better lottery pick.

The only two players on the "do not trade right now" list would be Sullinger -- perhaps trade him next year when he has better stats -- and Bradley, perhaps keep him long term.
mmart69
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Some Rebuilding Trades including KG to OKC 

Post#788 » by mmart69 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:47 am

this makes sense

I like the way you are thinking

the Rondo part is tricky b/c many will say he should be part of the re-build

but Pierce and KG s/b given the option to go somewhere else and win - and keep Miami from winning
rambo_ortega
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Trade with Utah 

Post#789 » by rambo_ortega » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:59 am

I really believe that we need a legit Center who can protect the rim and play down low. We are too short and thin inside which makes us very predictable. We lose games automatically when our outside shots aren't going in so it's time to make a move.

Celtics get:
Enes Kanter
Randy Foye

Jazz get:
Avery Bradley
Brandon Bass

Utah gets a young guard who has great potential to pair with favors and hayward moving forward. Bass is a good pf who can give good minutes too.

Celtics get their man down low to establish some toughness and length inside. It hurts to lose bradley but kanter has the potential to be a very good center and foye can be a rotation guard.

Kanter/Wilcox
Garnett/Sullinger
Pierce/Green
Lee/Terry
Rondo/Foye/Barbosa
mmart69
Banned User

Re: Trade with Utah 

Post#790 » by mmart69 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:00 am

no way Utah does that

zero chance
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Re: Trade with Utah 

Post#791 » by TGW » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:36 am

rambo_ortega wrote:I really believe that we need a legit Center who can protect the rim and play down low. We are too short and thin inside which makes us very predictable. We lose games automatically when our outside shots aren't going in so it's time to make a move.

Celtics get:
Enes Kanter
Randy Foye

Jazz get:
Avery Bradley
Brandon Bass

Utah gets a young guard who has great potential to pair with favors and hayward moving forward. Bass is a good pf who can give good minutes too.

Celtics get their man down low to establish some toughness and length inside. It hurts to lose bradley but kanter has the potential to be a very good center and foye can be a rotation guard.

Kanter/Wilcox
Garnett/Sullinger
Pierce/Green
Lee/Terry
Rondo/Foye/Barbosa

Utah wouldnt even do this if the Celtics threw in their unprotected first.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
WeLikeOurGuys
General Manager
And1: 7,158

Post#792 » by WeLikeOurGuys » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:56 am

I'd trade terry,bass
For
Kaman and brand
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,973

Post#793 » by jfs1000d » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:45 am

I think pierce should go. And, this is the first time I advocated it. But, we aren't contenders, and I think he woukd fetch a good player. To me pierce to clips for bledsoe, butler and salary works out great for both teams. Then, trade rondo for a big and start bledsoe Bradley backcourt.

Or, a pierce for gasol trade makes so much sense if it wasn't lakers and celtics.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
sdballer
Senior
And1: 269

Post#794 » by sdballer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:33 am

Waider wrote:How about something like;

CELTICS - Cousins (Kings), Duhon (Lakers)
LAKERS - Salmons (Kings), Bass (Celtics), Evans (Kings), Robinson (Kings)
KINGS - Howard (Lakers), Melo (Celtics)

Or something similar.

Pretty sure Celt's can't get Cousins for Bass and Melo.
yoadknux
Pro Prospect
And1: 125

Post#795 » by yoadknux » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:30 am

Roy Hibbert + George Hill for Rondo and Bass.
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
alex_fortress
Junior
And1: 42

Post#796 » by alex_fortress » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:17 am

yoadknux wrote:Roy Hibbert + George Hill for Rondo and Bass.

Value is around there. Hill is a very good defender and shooter while Hibbert is a nice defensive anchor, his impact makes a large difference as evident in the Heat series. Also gives the Celtics a more traditional line up with better ball movement. Doesn't hurt that this team could potentially be the best defensive team in the league.

Hill/Barbosa
Bradley/Terry/Lee
Pierce/Green
Garnett/Sullinger/Wilcox
Hibbert/Melo/Collins
chrisab123
RealGM

Post#797 » by chrisab123 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:48 am

alex_fortress wrote:

Value is around there. Hill is a very good defender and shooter while Hibbert is a nice defensive anchor, his impact makes a large difference as evident in the Heat series. Also gives the Celtics a more traditional line up with better ball movement. Doesn't hurt that this team could potentially be the best defensive team in the league.

Hill/Barbosa
Bradley/Terry/Lee
Pierce/Green
Garnett/Sullinger/Wilcox
Hibbert/Melo/Collins

Now this I would probably do, problem is that Indiana wouldn't. Hibbert is slightly overpaid but he has shown at times to be dominant. Big difference between trading Rondo for a guy that has a ton of potential but no results (Cousins) and a guy who has proven himself to be one of the best centers in the NBA.
chrisab123
RealGM

Post#798 » by chrisab123 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:59 am

jfs1000d wrote:I think pierce should go. And, this is the first time I advocated it. But, we aren't contenders, and I think he woukd fetch a good player. To me pierce to clips for bledsoe, butler and salary works out great for both teams. Then, trade rondo for a big and start bledsoe Bradley backcourt.

Or, a pierce for gasol trade makes so much sense if it wasn't lakers and celtics.

1) I can't argue with your Clippers trade scenario because I think thats actually not a terrible deal.
2) What was the Celtics record at this point last year? Until you throw this team in the West on a day in and day out basis, they are contenders. The East is closer enough where they could be the #2 seed in a matter of weeks. The one piece that is screwing things up is Bass. I can't blame the Celtics for signing him because if they didn't use that money they would lose it since they were over the cap by the time they came to terms with Bass.

I would warn against anyone strongly wanting to rebuild any team unless you truly are stuck in the mediocre parts of the draft. Even then, lots of good players have come out of the middle of the 1st round. In the last 3 days, I've heard people that want the Patriots to trade Tom Brady and the Celtics to blow everything up, losing to the Cavs and losing to the LOLCats sucks. But this team plays to its competition, if they're playing an 11 win team they act like that its a night off, its frustrating and annoying but don't be deceived this team comes to play in the playoffs. People kept talking about how bad the seed was last year and thought they were an easy first round exit against Atlanta. Boston won...people on this board thought Philly had an answer but this team pulled it out...hell if Game 2 wasn't in the bag for Miami the Celtics would have played the Thunder. I think we need to take a look at that and not count this team out yet. Lets see what happens next month at the deadline.

BTW the people that want to blow it up for fear of picking in the 10-14 range...where the hell do you think the Celtics are going to pick if they blow it up? 2nd? 1st? The East is terrible and they'll still be playing for an 8th seed as long as they have Rondo since his game is like Kidd's. He's a great distributor.
laydo
Junior

Post#799 » by laydo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:12 pm

Pacers fan here, and this trade will never work.

Hibbert may be overpaid and rough on offense, but we need his D. Hill is a native hero who works well now. No offense on Rondo but his shooting won't fit the system.

If the C's is interested in dealing Rondo for a big guy, you should go ask the Jazz, such as,

Rondo, Green, and Lee for Jefferson, Mo Williams, and Burks.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=apvegjx
tfmiii
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,024

Post#800 » by tfmiii » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:15 pm

laydo wrote:

Pacers fan here, and this trade will never work.

Hibbert may be overpaid and rough on offense, but we need his D. Hill is a native hero who works well now. No offense on Rondo but his shooting won't fit the system.

If the C's is interested in dealing Rondo for a big guy, you should go ask the Jazz, such as,

Rondo, Green, and Lee for Jefferson, Mo Williams, and Burks.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=apvegjx

that utah swap is much more realistic, boston would need more coming back, but that is on the right track

Return to Boston Celtics