ImageImageImageImageImage

Joe Johnson running his overpaid mouth again

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

seren
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Re: Joe Johnson running his overpaid mouth again 

Post#61 » by seren » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:27 pm

I think we are clearly the better team, but I am going to go ahead and say they are a more complete team. Their backcourt is way more reliable, their interior defense and rebounding is better, and they have more reliable scoring options than we do. Having said that, we have Melo and Chandler so it is not even close.
shugknight
Senior
And1: 74
Location: starts with a C ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG

Post#62 » by shugknight » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:46 pm

I never understand these types of posts.

Did you really expect him to say that the Knicks are better?

He's on the Nets! Of course he's going to say the Nets are better!
rj2496
Starter
And1: 111

Post#63 » by rj2496 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:53 pm

rammagen wrote:
rj2496 wrote:
knicksRback wrote:Wait so the Nets think there so good? We just got a few critical key piece in our lineup and we are STILL missing critical pieces (Felton and Camby and Rasheed) shumpert is on a minute limit, Stoudemire is still getting into game shape after not playing ball for months, carmelo had one of his worst games of the season and the Nets only won by 3 lmfaoooo ... We have been playing bad lately and Nets been playing much better and we are STILL ahead of them. FoH Nets fans you know your team aint **** when the Nets starting lineup got booed at Barclays center

The excuses are non stop. When Kidd didn't play in the first game, we won because you didn't have Kidd. Now that Shumpert and Amare were back, it's nooo if we had Felton, it would have been a blow out. When Felton did play vs us, what did he do for you guys? I think I remember a lot of complaining that he wouldn't stop shooting. 12% from 3? Did you really expect Camby and Sheed to stay healthy all season? They are among the two oldest players in the league, c'mon. You guys can never admit a lose, especially to your little brother, your Brooklyn Nets. You're ahead by one game, don't make it seem like it's 7+, although you guys already claimed the division was over at the end of December.

Our starting line up getting boo'd at the Barclays Center? LOL

So what's the excuse when the nyets fall back to earth? Injuries are injuries, just a fact of the game. But to run your mouth when the series ended up tied is just stupid. Sorry jr but go back to the nyets board

You mean like how the Knicks fell back to earth? You just said injuries are a fact of the game, yet your using them as an excuse? Aren't you running your mouth when the series is tied?

Go back to the Nets board? I feel like I'm on the Nets board with all these Nets threads.

EDIT: And what the hell do you want Joe Johnson to say? The Knicks are better? Why would he say that? Would any Knicks player say the Nets are better if they were asked? C'mon.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#64 » by Sark » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:49 pm

He had just won the game with a game winning shot in our building, and their team is only 1 game behind us. Why wouldn't he say this?
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#65 » by PetroNet » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 pm

egelband wrote:they say to turn the other cheek and ignore stupidity. but it can be trying.
the nets are a bunch of never-has-beens and never-will-bes. not that the knicks have a great pedigree of winning, but at least they have some players with fire in their eyes. i've never seen a team with more mouth-breathers than the nets. evans, joe johnson, blatche, humphries...even deron williams appears semi-retarded. and gerald wallace must have brain damage at this point. i couldn't root for any of those guys...lopez is the only one who i could see playing a leading role on a good team. and he's far from a complete player. johnson is talented but, as i said, not a winner.

so joe johnson is not a "winner" but carmello anthony, who has the lowest playoff win% in NBA history is?

got it.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#66 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 pm

PetroNet wrote:
egelband wrote:they say to turn the other cheek and ignore stupidity. but it can be trying.
the nets are a bunch of never-has-beens and never-will-bes. not that the knicks have a great pedigree of winning, but at least they have some players with fire in their eyes. i've never seen a team with more mouth-breathers than the nets. evans, joe johnson, blatche, humphries...even deron williams appears semi-retarded. and gerald wallace must have brain damage at this point. i couldn't root for any of those guys...lopez is the only one who i could see playing a leading role on a good team. and he's far from a complete player. johnson is talented but, as i said, not a winner.

so joe johnson is not a "winner" but carmello anthony, who has the lowest playoff win% in NBA history is?

got it.

I don't see Carmelo in his post, but I'm guessing by your post you're admitting that Joe Johnson is not a winner.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#67 » by PetroNet » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:00 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
PetroNet wrote:

got it.

I don't see Carmelo in his post, but I'm guessing by your post you're admitting that Joe Johnson is not a winner.

no, i mean, he hasnt really done anything to suggest he is one.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#68 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:05 pm

PetroNet wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
PetroNet wrote:

got it.

no, i mean, he hasnt really done anything to suggest he is one.

I agree, Joe Johnson hasn't really done nothing.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
dabestspoona
Sophomore
And1: 16

Post#69 » by dabestspoona » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:08 pm

PetroNet wrote:no, i mean, he hasnt really done anything to suggest he is one.

Good to hear a non bias Nets fan.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,574

Post#70 » by Lord Commander » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:13 pm

rj2496 wrote:Go back to the Nets board? I feel like I'm on the Nets board with all these Nets threads.

Let me help you since you seem to be kinda dim.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1227111
:roll:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,575

Post#71 » by Capn'O » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:15 pm

Since it went there - Stat is the guy that has really won as a leading scorer. Melo is #1 here but Stat getting some leadership opportunities/touches in the crunch is key to the Knicks going anywhere. In general, the Knicks have a lot more playoff experience than the Nets. I suspect that would show in a meetup THIS season.

Nets sure do have a lot of guys running their mouth though. Surprised JR didn't say something ridiculous in return.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,338

Post#72 » by NoStatsGuy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:44 pm

PetroNet wrote:

got it.

ur credibillity is gone since u posted we r lottery and u r going for a title... so nvm
im bout dat action boss
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,967

Post#73 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:53 pm

It really annoys me to see so many chumps talking smack. But you know what, the Knicks bring this on themselves. They talk a lot of smack and have made it known that its very easy to get under there skin. From the technicals, trying to fight people outside the bus, recording everything being said on the court, suspensions, to the Knicks falling apart down the stretch in some games. I wouldn't even be surprised if this is on the scouting report. It'll even get worse when Sheed comes back.

Knicks have put the target on themselves. They need to just STFU and focus on playing. Every game they are too worried about the refs and what everyone else is saying.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
rj2496
Starter

Post#74 » by rj2496 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:36 pm

Capn'O wrote:Nets sure do have a lot of guys running their mouth though. Surprised JR didn't say something ridiculous in return.

So it's considered running your mouth when a reporter asks you if you're better then whatever team? Thats news to me.

And JR did say something ridiculous in return. :lol:
kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 462

Post#75 » by kNicksGmen » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:44 pm

they beat us twice by a combined like 4 points. one game without kidd, one game without felton. both games melo missed potential game winners. i could understand talking about being the better ny team if they actually smashed us, but that never happened.
rj2496
Starter

Post#76 » by rj2496 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:53 pm

kNicksGmen wrote:they beat us twice by a combined like 4 points. one game without kidd, one game without felton. both games melo missed potential game winners. i could understand talking about being the better ny team if they actually smashed us, but that never happened.

Well if you want to bring that up, I'll mention we didn't have Lopez for one of the games we lost. What does it matter how much you win by? A win is a win.
JustaKnickFan
Analyst
And1: 1,071

Post#77 » by JustaKnickFan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:04 am

GONYK wrote:
JustaKnickFan wrote:
Quick Kick wrote:Nets are just on a hot streak. NO team coached by 98 year old PJ Carlisimo who hasnt been a decent coach since Wu Tang was hot can ever be anything more than fools gold.

Say what you want about PJ, but last game he outcoached Woodson. Woodson did not see their foul strategy coming, and it hurt the Knicks in the end because of it.

Huh?

Jason Kidd missing the FT hurt us, not Woodson's strategy for that particular situation

Kidd only shot 31 FTs this season. He hadn't shot one in ages, and it's obvious his shot has declined since he started playing PG in the absence of Felton. The Nets move to foul was a good one, especially since Kidd was getting the ball.

Also the whole "you have to expect injuries since you're the oldest team" is such BS. The only reason the Knicks are the oldest team is because some of their role players are very old, their core group of guys (Melo, Chandler, STAT, JR, Felton) with the exception of Kidd are are not that old. An injury to Felton is huge too, since the Knicks don't have a true PG to back him up. Pablo and Kidd are nice, but they can't break down the D and initiate the offense like Felton can, which forces Melo to waste energy trying to setup the offense.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,903

Post#78 » by GONYK » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:07 am

JustaKnickFan wrote:Kidd only shot 31 FTs this season. He hadn't shot one in ages, and it's obvious his shot has declined since he started playing PG in the absence of Felton. The Nets move to foul was a good one, especially since Kidd was getting the ball.

Jason Kidd is nearly 80% on FT's for his career and 88% this season. There is nobody on the team is a better FT shooter than him aside from Novak.

That was not a moment where Woodson got outcoached in the slightest.
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#79 » by rammagen » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:14 am

rj2496 wrote:
kNicksGmen wrote:they beat us twice by a combined like 4 points. one game without kidd, one game without felton. both games melo missed potential game winners. i could understand talking about being the better ny team if they actually smashed us, but that never happened.

Well if you want to bring that up, I'll mention we didn't have Lopez for one of the games we lost. What does it matter how much you win by? A win is a win.

Kid you are hitting troll level here. Catch a hint and go away your arguments are palsy at best
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
rj2496
Starter

Post#80 » by rj2496 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:38 am

rammagen wrote:
rj2496 wrote:

Kid you are hitting troll level here. Catch a hint and go away your arguments are palsy at best

Nothing I have said is troll material. Only calling me a troll because I have a Nets avatar.

Return to New York Knicks