ImageImageImageImageImage

2012/13 Toronto Raptors Draft Thread *Poll Edited*

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Who should the Raptors draft?

Archie Goodwin
4%
Otto Porter
7%
CJ McCollum
7%
Trey Burke
21%
Kelly Olynk
11%
James McAdoo
18%
Glenn Robinson
4%
Tony Mitchell
7%
OTHER
21%
Trade Up/Down/Out (Specify)
No votes

Total votes: 28

God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,118

Re: 2012/13 Toronto Raptors Draft Thread 

Post#201 » by God Squad » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:03 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:How about Mouhammadou Jaiteh, France big man, is built like a man child at 18 yrs of age. Apparently, he's one of the more impressive big man prospects to ever come out of France. And according to DX, he could be in the 2013 draft, and skyrocket up the draft boards if he has a good showing in the Nike Hoops Summit, a la Biyombo. But, it appears he has more offensive upside than Biyombo did/does.

For some reason, I'm intrigued.

According to what Jaiteh and his agents have told us, and despite being the same age as most high school seniors in the US, he plans on entering his name in the 2013 Draft and would like to come over to the NBA “as quickly as possible” in his words. Because he turns 19 in the calendar year of the draft (November 27th) he is eligible to do so if he chooses. A handful of NBA teams have already been out to see him in France, and he is reportedly on the shortlist of potential candidates to be invited to the Nike Hoop Summit in April.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2IgQvMcZP
http://www.draftexpress.com

I wouldn't mind stashing him away for a year or two if he didn't come over right away
God Squad
RealGM

Post#202 » by God Squad » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:06 am

Anyone else think the whole "extremely weak draft" thing being overblown? I personally see at list 6-7 prospects I want on the raptors now.. & keep in mind I haven't seen to much ncaa this year.
God Squad
RealGM

Post#203 » by God Squad » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:06 am

Anyone else think the whole "extremely weak draft" thing being overblown? I personally see at list 6-7 prospects I want on the raptors now.. & keep in mind I haven't seen to much ncaa this year.
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#204 » by fredericklove » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:46 pm

God Squad wrote:Anyone else think the whole "extremely weak draft" thing being overblown? I personally see at list 6-7 prospects I want on the raptors now.. & keep in mind I haven't seen to much ncaa this year.

No superstar but there's potential all stars, so its not extremely weak imo. Who are your 7 prospects?
cdel00
Head Coach
And1: 423

Post#205 » by cdel00 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:50 pm

fredericklove wrote:
God Squad wrote:Anyone else think the whole "extremely weak draft" thing being overblown? I personally see at list 6-7 prospects I want on the raptors now.. & keep in mind I haven't seen to much ncaa this year.

No superstar but there's potential all stars, so its not extremely weak imo. Who are your 7 prospects?

Otto Porter, is my early fave. The kid has the it factor to combine with superior physical gifts and nose for the ball.
He'll make a positive impact on both ends every play.

Reminds me so much tayshaun Prince.

His weakness from deep is gone as evidenced by improving his 3fg% from 22 to 42%
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Post#206 » by ATLTimekeeper » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:54 pm

Am I missing something with Doug McDermott? He seems like someone we should snag with that second rounder. What separates him from a prospect like Mirotic? Currently rocking a 35 PER, high motor, smart as a whip and can shoot the lights out.
TheFreshPrince
Banned User
And1: 320

Post#207 » by TheFreshPrince » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:21 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:Am I missing something with Doug McDermott? He seems like someone we should snag with that second rounder. What separates him from a prospect like Mirotic? Currently rocking a 35 PER, high motor, smart as a whip and can shoot the lights out.

He seems like he's going to be one of those smart role players in the NBA. I can see him in a James Jones or Steve Novak role.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#208 » by Indeed » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:45 am

cdel00 wrote:
fredericklove wrote:

Otto Porter, is my early fave. The kid has the it factor to combine with superior physical gifts and nose for the ball.
He'll make a positive impact on both ends every play.

Reminds me so much tayshaun Prince.

His weakness from deep is gone as evidenced by improving his 3fg% from 22 to 42%

For some reason, he looks more like Donyell Marshall to me, but I only watched his highlights.
God Squad
RealGM

Post#209 » by God Squad » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:45 am

fredericklove wrote:

In no order.. But I think I like Ben Mclemore.

Shabazz Muhammad
Nerlens Noel
Ben McLemore
Anthony Bennett
Alex Poythress (kinda)
Archie Goodwin
Trey Burke

LeBryan Nash is letting me down. But he has crazy physical tools.
DarrylFlicking
Senior
And1: 152

Post#210 » by DarrylFlicking » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:47 am

C.J. Leslie or Trey Burke please.
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#211 » by sweetcity » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:13 pm

Zeller would be a great fit alongside, Val. He'll look great starting beside Ibaka in OKC next year
God Squad
RealGM

Post#212 » by God Squad » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:23 pm

sweetcity wrote:Zeller would be a great fit alongside, Val. He'll look great starting beside Ibaka in OKC next year

Zeller on OKC would be a great fit imo. I can actually see okc drafting him or trading the pick entirely.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,486

Post#213 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:30 pm

God Squad wrote:LeBryan Nash is letting me down. But he has crazy physical tools.

Le'Bryan is such a weird prospect to figure out. To me his skill game is VERY underrated, this guy has a beautiful post/turnaround jumper game and the form on his 15-20 footer looks fine, as bad as his NCAA 3pt% is. On the other hand I feel like his athleticism is a little overrated, he's a great athlete with a nice first step, but he doesn't play above the rim much. To me he has a lot of Melo in him, about the same athleticism/body type and when he's going off he's doing some Melo like things skill wise, but is just an uber enigma in terms of consistent production in the NCAA right now. But then again so was Drummond... I think if one believes in Le'Bryan's skill upside as at least a Gay-like level, he has to be one of the 5 or 6 most talented guys in the draft. I would roll with him and CJ Leslie over some of the more 'safe', less enigmatic players, even if they're enigmatic those guys are so talented that I have to think the chances of them ending up 'enigmatic, but still a starter and better than lots of guys picked ahead of them', is pretty solid
God Squad
RealGM

Post#214 » by God Squad » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:41 am

Dr Positivity wrote:
God Squad wrote:LeBryan Nash is letting me down. But he has crazy physical tools.

Le'Bryan is such a weird prospect to figure out. To me his skill game is VERY underrated, this guy has a beautiful post/turnaround jumper game and the form on his 15-20 footer looks fine, as bad as his NCAA 3pt% is. On the other hand I feel like his athleticism is a little overrated, he's a great athlete with a nice first step, but he doesn't play above the rim much. To me he has a lot of Melo in him, about the same athleticism/body type and when he's going off he's doing some Melo like things skill wise, but is just an uber enigma in terms of consistent production in the NCAA right now. But then again so was Drummond... I think if one believes in Le'Bryan's skill upside as at least a Gay-like level, he has to be one of the 5 or 6 most talented guys in the draft. I would roll with him and CJ Leslie over some of the more 'safe', less enigmatic players, even if they're enigmatic those guys are so talented that I have to think the chances of them ending up 'enigmatic, but still a starter and better than lots of guys picked ahead of them', is pretty solid

Nice write up. Ya I like him too for some reason. I feel as though the best value picks are going to come from the lottery.

Question for you and others. If you had a top 5 pick who do you draft?
If you had a Lotto pick 6-15 who do you draft?
If you had a late first who do you draft?

For me.
Top 5 : Ben McLemore
Lottery: Anthony Bennett or Archie Goodwin ( have doubts)
Late First: LeBryan Nash (Although I think he'll rise) or Trey Burke
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#215 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:50 am

^I'll play along:

Top 5: Archie Goodwin
Lottery: Marcus Smart
Late First: Trey Burke or Doug McDermott
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,486

Post#216 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:57 am

Top 5: Anthony Bennett, Ben McLemore, or Alex Len. I wouldn't let anyone on this roster dictate our pick

Lottery: Marcus Smart, Isaiah Austin, Cody Zeller, Rudy Gobert

Late 1st: Le'Bryan Nash/C.J. Leslie (if they fall, which I doubt), Sergey Karasev, Nick Johnson, Mike Moser, Kyle Anderson, Doug McDermott
raptor jesus
RealGM
And1: 22,003

Post#217 » by raptor jesus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 am

Haven't followed as much this year, due to the unlikely scenario we get our pick. McLemore has impressed the most, in my eyes. Reminds me a bit of Clyde Drexler in transition. And that buttery smooth jumper is aesthetically pleasing. Bennett, namely his versatility - stretching the floor, handling coast to coast - has also wooed my adoration. Intrigued by Carter-Williams, too.
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#218 » by fredericklove » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:27 am

Top 5 - Noel or Bazz - really depends on trade deadline because it tells us how we will move toward to next season, if we're going tanking for Wiggins/Parker, I hope we get Noel this year. If not tanking, then I prefer Bazz to fill out our 3 spot.

Lottery - Goodwins - I don't like some of the things he does, but I must admit he has very high upside.

Late - Kabongo - I just want a pass-first PG who plays D and anchors the team's offensive pace, and an insurance in case Lowry leaves the Raps.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Post#219 » by ATLTimekeeper » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:07 pm

Top 5 - Burke
Lotto - Porter
Late first - Steven Adams

Second rounders I like McDermott, Purvis or Nedovic.
God Squad
RealGM

Post#220 » by God Squad » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:30 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:Top 5 - Burke
Lotto - Porterl
Late first - Steven Adams

Second rounders I like McDermott, Purvis or Nedovic.

No way Trey burke goes top 5. I need to see Otto Porter play. cdel has nothing but good things to say about him.

Return to Toronto Raptors