Image ImageImage Image

Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Update Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

SSSFreak
Lead Assistant
And1: 854

Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Update Thread 

Post#661 » by SSSFreak » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:13 am

Karl is a boss. :)
veji1
Starter
And1: 488

Post#662 » by veji1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:56 am

It would be absurd for Rose not to play this season if his ready. Barring setback he will practice for close to a month fully and start somewhen between 15th and end Feb.
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#663 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:14 pm

I know its abt the knicks but bucher has barely any inside sources and was quoted as saying that he saw no chance the knicks could get melo a few weeks after the beginning of the 2010 season.

The Bulls wouldn't tease bulls fans like this. No team would.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
BIGGIEsmalls 23
Banned User
And1: 810

Post#664 » by BIGGIEsmalls 23 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:19 pm

KingCuban wrote:+1 on Duck being on fire.

:nod: Yes he was.

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:The Bulls wouldn't tease bulls fans like this. No team would.

I agree & I was more of the more pessimistic posters regarding his return.
blumeany
RealGM
And1: 2,551

Post#665 » by blumeany » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:35 pm

I think Bucher is an idiot. :lol: The Bulls are being tight-lipped solely to keep the pressure off of Derrick and prevent him from being ready too early. Rose is a completely different animal than Rubio and Shumpert - both physically and mentally. He *will* be back this year. Give him a month of contact and practice. The way he's been busting his ass, he's not doing it just to be ready for the offseason. If the Bulls were going to 'shut him down', they would have done so already - as that would have taken all the pressure off the organization, his teammates, as well as Rose and there would be no more questions from fans, media, etc.
2024: Maybe there's some hope?
organix85
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#666 » by organix85 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:56 pm

KingCuban wrote:If you're American and you're using a Karl Stefanovic gif, well that is just damn great :lol:

Yup... I'm from Chicago 8-) Admittedly, I don't know much about that Karl guy at all though.
TyrusRose2425 wrote:Imagine how much more athletic Noah would be if he didn't have his big ass ball sack dragging him down
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#667 » by Jvaughn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:48 pm

Rerisen wrote:I believe the question was asked at the post surgery conference to Dr. Cole about Rose sitting the whole year out, and he answered that there would be no additional benefit to doing this - assuming no complications in recovery - and quite the opposite, that Rose should get back into games and working back as soon as he was ready.

So what Bucher is saying just wouldn't make much sense. It's not as if we are close to tanking either, and that having him sit is going to net us some great pick.

+1

There is no medical reason to keep him out past the time he's ready. Doctors have already said he's at no higher risk of reinjuring it. If anything, the ligament should be stronger than before. The only reason to sit him out further would be if he was overcompensating for the leg and was putting more pressure on other body parts (ie Rubio ).

Plus if you're one of the people who thinks JR is solely about profits at the risk of winning, why would he sacrifice all the money a D-Rose return this year would generate? That would be terrible business.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
iamduke
Junior
And1: 4

Post#668 » by iamduke » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:33 pm

Lets all just agree that Bucher is an idiot and move on from his comments. No need to dwell on them. All signs point to D Rose being back SOMETIME this season. I for one feel great about our chances of getting to the Easter Conf. Finals.
SSSFreak
Lead Assistant
And1: 854

Post#669 » by SSSFreak » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:47 pm

TyrusRose2425
Head Coach
And1: 4,589

Post#670 » by TyrusRose2425 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:50 pm

I hope you guys are all aware that Derrick Rose is close as **** to returning.
bentheredengthat
General Manager
And1: 1,606

Post#671 » by bentheredengthat » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:54 pm

Oh the arch on his shot and angle of release looks sooo much better. I am excite.
nitric0
RealGM
And1: 1,352

Post#672 » by nitric0 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:09 pm

bentheredengthat wrote:

Oh the arch on his shot and angle of release looks sooo much better. I am excite.

I hope Derrick realizes how great of a midrange shooter he is. He needs to step it down a bit from three land and go back to his elite midrange game we saw his second year.
“We were right there with them. We dominated for most of the game, but then Derrick Rose happened.” - Al Horford
bentheredengthat
General Manager

Post#673 » by bentheredengthat » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:14 pm

You can see the improvement in his long-range shot even better on this clip starting about 2:40 mark IMHO.

http://www.csnchicago.com/pages/v11_videodetail?PID=6cLLTB-KIdUWzIMWQEC_pAG_QmKWDiUs_ReeOCT
bentheredengthat
General Manager

Post#674 » by bentheredengthat » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:20 pm

nitric0 wrote:
bentheredengthat wrote:

I hope Derrick realizes how great of a midrange shooter he is. He needs to step it down a bit from three land and go back to his elite midrange game we saw his second year.

The year he really used that shot you could see how it demoralized the defense. Also, his midrange shot is soft enough that Jo and Carlos can get easy rebounds and tap ins off of the misses. The defenders are stuck in no mans land in between switching to help & boxing out.

And you said step it down a bit, which I think is the correct way to say it, but it should not be as a reaction to his learning curve to shoot the 3. I think some on the board have been overly critical of his work at incorporating a 3 into his game.
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#675 » by SpinninHouse » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Rose will probably average 50 ppg in his return. I expect to win the NBA championship this year by back-to-back sweeps of Miami and OKC.

:D
FIRE THE JOHN "THE SNAKE" PAXSON, FOR GARMAN, AND FRED HOIBERGER.

#CHICAGOBULLS
Tenchi Ryu
RealGM
And1: 6,426

Post#676 » by Tenchi Ryu » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:46 pm

Well its official....injury return GOD Adrian Peterson confirms he knows Rose will be back to MVP form...

Prepare your anus NBA...
[x] Fire Thibs
[x] Fire Kirk
[x] Fire Noah
[x] Fire GarPax
DaGreatLewdini
Pro Prospect
And1: 325
Location: From Chicago to Champaign, but still a South Side kid!

Post#677 » by DaGreatLewdini » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:07 am

Image Image
BullsGate
Head Coach
And1: 1,078

Post#678 » by BullsGate » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:09 am

Hope D.Rose do not return in those stupid adizero shoes.
DaeDae
Analyst
And1: 661

Post#679 » by DaeDae » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:43 am

The daily Derrick Rose news was good on Wednesday, as the point guard had no setbacks from a Tuesday practice with “more contact.’’

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketba ... etter.html
Red Larrivee wrote:The Bulls have too many untouchables for a team without a second option.
BigUps
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#680 » by BigUps » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:44 am

My biggest concern with Rose coming back is that when he doesn't take off two footed, he prefers launching off his left foot. I think he'll be fine cutting, but I'll be scared when he gains enough confidence to start launching off his left foot.

To me, the sign of Rose being "back" will be the first jam he has launching off his left foot.

Return to Chicago Bulls