ImageImageImage

Injury Exception (Wolves Sign Chris Johnson)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Gunny
Pro Prospect
And1: 491

Re: Injury Exception (Wolves Sign Chris Johnson) 

Post#41 » by Gunny » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:12 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXGR2CnVBsU[/youtube]

This man is a beast.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#42 » by C.lupus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:21 pm

I agree with shrink on Amundson. He's one of the disappointments for me on this team (not including all the injuries). I didn't expect a lot but I expected something from him. He hasn't shown one single good quality this year. It sure seems like a no-brainer to keep Johnson over Lou at this point. It doesn't seem like a vet minimum salary for half a season would be that big of a pill to swallow for Taylor either.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#43 » by Dewey » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:20 pm

C.lupus wrote:I agree with shrink on Amundson. He's one of the disappointments for me on this team (not including all the injuries). I didn't expect a lot but I expected something from him. He hasn't shown one single good quality this year. It sure seems like a no-brainer to keep Johnson over Lou at this point. It doesn't seem like a vet minimum salary for half a season would be that big of a pill to swallow for Taylor either.

Steimsma is right there with him ... his defense has gone in the ****, so his game is nil rght now, too. Someone better jack him up.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
A1FromDay1
Senior
And1: 121

Post#44 » by A1FromDay1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:54 pm

he also had some nice passes to Barea. A lot of bigs dont pass in those situations. He can block shots like Stiemsma and i definitely see him as the primary backup to Pek. I'm looking forward to see him more with Ricky, both on offense and defense.
Homo homini lupus est.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,388

Post#45 » by shrink » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:27 pm

shrink wrote:I don't think we'd need to waive Amundson though. On a vet min deal, I imagine one of his previous teams, like IND or PHX, would take his contract off our hands.

Sounds like PHX fans would happily swap Amundson for Zeller, which is a deal Taylor should do.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1219490&p=34434337#p34433916
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
phonzadellika
Rookie
And1: 178

Post#46 » by phonzadellika » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:28 pm

MadLoveSkillz wrote:I'm looking forward to see him more with Ricky, both on offense and defense.

I don't understand why a Rubio/Jellyroll/AK/Lion/CJ lineup hasn't been on the floor together yet. 3 guys who can convert lobs and 2 that can shoot the 3 at a decent clip. Wouldn't be bad defensively either.
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#47 » by Dual » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:00 pm

max his ass!!!
CJ for president!!!
I love this guy :)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,800

Post#48 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:18 pm

C.lupus wrote:I agree with shrink on Amundson. He's one of the disappointments for me on this team (not including all the injuries). I didn't expect a lot but I expected something from him. He hasn't shown one single good quality this year. It sure seems like a no-brainer to keep Johnson over Lou at this point. It doesn't seem like a vet minimum salary for half a season would be that big of a pill to swallow for Taylor either.

I honestly thought Lou would be the last man in the regular rotation over Stiemsma. Now Greg hasn't been amazing by any means, but Lou couldn't even get off the bench when we have just 10 healthy guys.

I really hope Glen and David have been listening closely to the excitement in Target Center when Johnson and Gelabale are in the game. We need to keep both of them!
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:23 pm

Fun fact, Chris Johnson has made more field goals (12) this season than Lou Amundson (10), in half the attempts and one-third of the minutes played.

Johnson: 12-16
Amundson: 10-32
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#50 » by [RCG] » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:28 pm

Klomp wrote:Fun fact, Chris Johnson has made more field goals (12) this season than Lou Amundson (10), in half the attempts and one-third of the minutes played.

Can you tweet that at the Wolves please?!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:31 pm

[RCG] wrote:
Klomp wrote:Fun fact, Chris Johnson has made more field goals (12) this season than Lou Amundson (10), in half the attempts and one-third of the minutes played.

Can you tweet that at the Wolves please?!

I sent it to Jim Pete, does that help?

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:51 pm

Gunny wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXGR2CnVBsU[/youtube]

This man is a beast.

One thing I noticed on that video...no bench reaction.

Beezer
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#53 » by Beezer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:57 pm

Klomp wrote:
Gunny wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXGR2CnVBsU[/youtube]

This man is a beast.

One thing I noticed on that video...no bench reaction.

Yeah, its like they're part of the less-enthusiastic members of the crowd. The only one that stood up was Stiemsma, and that was only on one of the dunks. If that was D-Will, they would've gone nuts. Then again, every time he makes a dunk, it can be pretty shocking that it went in :lol:
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#54 » by [RCG] » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:15 pm

Well, it must sadden them to know that they're getting outplayed by a D-leaguer. I especially wouldn't expect Amundson to cheer on the guys he's losing his job to :lol:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#55 » by kmgarnett21 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:21 pm

Regarding the no bench reaction post, I feel like the majority of the Wolves have just given up on the season and they're only playing it out because they have to. I don't feel the same sense of urgency or passion or will like I did during the first 30 games of the season. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I've picked up the last couple of games or so. Combine all the injuries with Love's mess and Adelman being MIA.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:25 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:Regarding the no bench reaction post, I feel like the majority of the Wolves have just given up on the season and they're only playing it out because they have to. I don't feel the same sense of urgency or passion or will like I did during the first 30 games of the season. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I've picked up the last couple of games or so. Combine all the injuries with Love's mess and Adelman being MIA.

Nah. We are just gassed.

Last year we gave up. This season we are light years ahead of that.

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#57 » by C.lupus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:26 pm

Yeah, that's the impression I get, too. They are just worn out.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,239

Post#58 » by Murphs56 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:19 pm

Johnson reminds me a ton of JaVale McGee and I mean the Good JaVale. Really athletic dude that can dunk from anywhere and block a ton of shots
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,388

Post#59 » by shrink » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:35 pm

NBA.com has Johnson at 210 though.

Tonight we face Nene at 250 and Okafor at 255. Mullins in CHA is 275.

Man do we need Pekovic (290) back. Meantime, I think it has to be the untalented Steimsma (260) to at least try to keep opponents off the boards.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#60 » by kmgarnett21 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Tomorrow night. You made me go check the schedule. Lol.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves