ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS" Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS" Thread 

Post#101 » by SuperflyKnick » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:09 pm

falcindor wrote:Im thinking blockbuster. This year is the best year to make a blockbuster. The summer after this one the Knicks will have their hands full resigning JR and others. This summer Knicks want to make a splash in free agency. Right now we have a lot of assets and not a lot of available playing time. We either let them rot on bench or sell high. Players like Brewer and Copeland are very tradable. We have lots of assets that are attractive. Knick would be best served making a move now.

On the aquistion want list:

John Wall, Derrick Favors or Andrei Kirilenko

:o :o :o :o :o
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#102 » by seren » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:32 pm

Brewer for Wall. Get it done, Donnie.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Post#103 » by GONYK » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:37 pm

seren wrote:Brewer for Wall. Get it done, Donnie.

I think we can get Beal too if we throw in White.

Wake Up Grunnie!!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Re: Knicks-Related Trade 

Post#104 » by Phish Tank » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:41 pm

GONYK wrote:
seren wrote:Brewer for Wall. Get it done, Donnie.

I think we can get Beal too if we throw in White.

Wake Up Grunnie!!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

wake up Grunnie.... Kyrie for Felton, leggo
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#105 » by SuperflyKnick » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:40 pm

How about a trade with washington

NY- Nene, Ariza
Was- Amare, Brewer, Copeland

Salaries pretty much add up to the same as Nene has a year extra on his contract... Plus adding amare the Wizards will essentially have all salary off the books that year so it benefits them. Amare would get to be to go to scorer with John wall. Nene cud provide that low post offense the knicks need. He has a year more on his contract and is injury prone also but cud be worth the risk.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Post#106 » by GONYK » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:53 pm

SuperflyKnick wrote:How about a trade with washington

NY- Nene, Ariza
Was- Amare, Brewer, Copeland

Salaries pretty much add up to the same as Nene has a year extra on his contract... Plus adding amare the Wizards will essentially have all salary off the books that year so it benefits them. Amare would get to be to go to scorer with John wall. Nene cud provide that low post offense the knicks need. He has a year more on his contract and is injury prone also but cud be worth the risk.

This doesn't benefit us in the slightest.

It's not worth taking on extra salary for a player who is also injury prone, and has showed poor attitude in the past.
SkyMason21
Junior
And1: 79

Post#107 » by SkyMason21 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:20 pm

moocow007 wrote:Not a trade thought but rather than open up a thread about it, any Louisville fans here? Specifically whats your opinions of Gorgui Dieng? Not that I'm committing the midseason faux pas for a playoff team, but been thinking about the draft (since we'll actually have our 1st rounder this year) and been really impressed reading about and watching clips of Dieng. Senegalese players generally immediately get lumped into the "tall, rail thin and no basketball skills" but Dieng has a very different look and feel to him. I have a feeling that the Knicks will eschew popular opinion and, instead of drafting a guard (point) that they'll either go with a mobile athletic front court guy. If so, then they likely may be considering guys like Dieng or Steve Adams or Patric Young or CJ Leslie or even Trevor Mbakwe....someone that can rebound and block shots and with the physical tools to at least be a rotation guy in the NBA.

Here's a blurb from DX that really stood out and seems to match what I've been able to catch of Dieng playing...

Dieng was already a threatening team defender as a freshman by virtue of his shot-blocking prowess, but he really took his man-to-man defense to the next level as a sophomore, both in the post and on the perimeter. Down low, Dieng's added strength and improved fundamental base allowed him to more easily stay in front of and contest opponents, though he still relies heavily on his outstretched length to contest shots. His improvements on the perimeter were perhaps even more decisive, specifically in the pick-and-roll game where he has an incredibly unique combination of tools. Dieng's combination of mobility, size, length, and change-of-direction ability make him a menace shutting down pick-and-rolls, specifically with his ability to block shots from behind on drives in the lane.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2Ije9GS9k
http://www.draftexpress.com

...for a 245lb near 7 footer, that's pretty impressive to be able to do what he does defensively on the perimeter. And from the clips he doesn't seem like the stereotypical mild mannered african player one bit. Pretty intense player.

Well I'm a Louisville fan and focus on the draft most of the year so I'll give it a shot. Offensively he's still best in the pick and roll but his jumper was coming along nicely before his wrist injury. He had started to somewhat consistently knocking down free throw line jumpers on catch and shoot attempts when teams would zone up on us. The cast might be affecting him some but teams are respecting his jumper more.

Probably my favorite thing he has improved is his passing ability. Dieng has been fantastic all year catching the ball in the high post and making quick decisions to either shoot when open, or recognize where the defense is collapsing on him and getting the ball to the open man. And that DX quote pretty much says it on his Defense.

As for those other guys small blurbs.

Patric Young- I see the potential Defensively but isn't much of a factor offensive outside the pick and roll. His post game is basic and he prefers using a hook shot over either shoulder. Until this year he wasn't a shot blocker so I'm personally waiting out the year to see if he can keep it up. He's not a good rebounder, average at best really. His physical tools make him interesting but he is a late pick for a reason. He hasn't developed much during his time at Florida and is still just a physical specimen for now.

C.J Leslie - Same problem as Young. 3 years at NC State with little to no development in his game or frame. Still can't shoot, hasn't developed a real post game, and generally relies on his first step in his face-up game to do anything. Poor rebounder for a 4, but above average for a 3. Once again defensive potential is there, as well as the numbers but he has poor fundamentals and can just coast for periods of time.

Steve Adams- Doubt we'd get a shot at him but would take him for sure. Raw. Great physical tools, Good rebounder and shot blocker.

Trevor Mbakwe - Elite rebounder and Good shot blocker. Lacks skills offensively other than as a finisher and garbage man. Man concerns are really his age(if you care) and his off the court issues (had some legal trouble).
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,927

Post#108 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:58 am

Take advantage of LAL. They committed to MDA and they make it his team. (Dwight's too) Amare, Novak, and JR can all fit in to the MDA system.

LAL out: Kobe, Pau, Jamison.
LAL in: Josh Smith, Novak, JR, Amare.

NYK out: Tyson, Novak, JR, Amare, Camby.
NYK in: Kobe, Zaza, Jamison.

ATL out: Josh Smith, Zaza.
ATL in: Tyson, Camby.

Start: Melo, Kobe, Pau, Shump, Felton
Bench: Jamison, Zaza, Kidd, Copeland, Prigs, Brewer.

:D
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#109 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:31 pm

Kobe will retire a laker
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager

Post#110 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:13 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:Kobe will retire a laker

With how bad the Lakers are right now, and the team NY would still have to offer, this might be one of the few times he is willing to waive his no trade clause.
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#111 » by DowNY » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:06 pm

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:

With how bad the Lakers are right now, and the team NY would still have to offer, this might be one of the few times he is willing to waive his no trade clause.

Kobe contract is crazy;. With that said, I'd trade Amar'e, Brewer, James White, KT & Copeland for Kobe. That's it though. :D
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager

Post#112 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:34 am

DowNY wrote:
Nutty Nats Fan wrote:

Kobe contract is crazy;. With that said, I'd trade Amar'e, Brewer, James White, KT & Copeland for Kobe. That's it though. :D

LOL, I tried to make the trade something LAL might actually like. Yours definitely no.

And NY moves Camby's corpse to pick up a good backup big in Zaza.
seren
RealGM

Post#113 » by seren » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:53 pm

We need a shooting guard who can actually shoot. I hope that Shump is the answer. See whether he is until the trade deadline. If not, make a run for guys like Afflalo, Reddick etc. We ain't winning a chip with JR/Felton as the chuckingest backcourt ever.
seren
RealGM

Post#114 » by seren » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:21 pm

Get Mozgov here already.
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,342

Post#115 » by kane » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:07 pm

seren wrote:Get Mozgov here already.

ya lets offer KT and see what they say :lol:
seren
RealGM

Post#116 » by seren » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:21 pm

kane wrote:
seren wrote:Get Mozgov here already.

ya lets offer KT and see what they say :lol:

KT straight up doesn't work. KT/Brewer/White for Mozgov/Quincy Miller/Julyan Stone works under the checker.

It gives them some guard help which they lack in their roster. Maybe throw in a second rounder. It is not like they are getting a lot of offers for Mozgov.
ORANGEandBLUE
RealGM
And1: 1,334

Post#117 » by ORANGEandBLUE » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:38 pm

I mentioned this a few pages back, but Grunnie should be talking to Phoenix. I could see them dealing Telfair and Jermaine, both of whom would fill needs here.

We might have to take back some salary, like Beasley or Brown, but when you're in win-now mode, that's the kinda sacrifice you need to make.
siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Post#118 » by siar617 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:57 am

ORANGEandBLUE wrote:I mentioned this a few pages back, but Grunnie should be talking to Phoenix. I could see them dealing Telfair and Jermaine, both of whom would fill needs here.

We might have to take back some salary, like Beasley or Brown, but when you're in win-now mode, that's the kinda sacrifice you need to make.

Dont mind takibg beasley but I do not see them handing him over nothing
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#119 » by Mr_Perfect » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:26 am

We all know our current injury problems and most of them are with our big guys. None of them are reliable to stay healthy.

Would any of you be willing to trade a 2nd rounder for Mozgov? He's nothing special but he's young and will give you some decent minutes off the bench. I think we need that insurance at this point. We can't go into the playoffs relying on Wallace/Camby/Amare to stay healthy.

Waive White or Copeland to get the deal done.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,589

Post#120 » by Stannis » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:31 am

Mr_Perfect wrote:We all know our current injury problems and most of them are with our big guys. None of them are reliable to stay healthy.

Would any of you be willing to trade a 2nd rounder for Mozgov? He's nothing special but he's young and will give you some decent minutes off the bench. I think we need that insurance at this point. We can't go into the playoffs relying on Wallace/Camby/Amare to stay healthy.

Waive White or Copeland to get the deal done.

Maybe a late 2nd round pick.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks