ImageImageImageImage

Ping Pong Ball Tracker

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Re: Ping Pong Ball Tracker 

Post#41 » by RookieStar » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:25 pm

Im hoping for a tony parker, Manu, Ibaka type of player that we can draft that's serviceable and a quality starter, ont necessarily a star.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,204

Post#42 » by thelead » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:37 am

RookieStar wrote:Im hoping for a tony parker, Manu, Ibaka type of player that we can draft that's serviceable and a quality starter, ont necessarily a star.

Parker is a star. Manu at one point was just as good as almost anyone in the league. Ibaka is still developing and could very well be a star. They are well beyond "serviceable".
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#43 » by drsd » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:04 am

RookieStar wrote:Im hoping for a tony parker, Manu, Ibaka type of player that we can draft that's serviceable and a quality starter, ont necessarily a star.

Two of these players are certain Hall of Famers: BTW.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#44 » by Cigamodnalro » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:20 am

Well, we're back in 6th (tie). I anticipate New Orleans winning a few and passing us in the next 10 days. I think Sacramento and Detroit both stay above us in the standings as well. Washington and Cleveland (trending up) and Phoenix and Charlotte (trending down) are our biggest obstacles to a top pick. Ultimately I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Suns ended up with the worst record in the league.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
thelead
RealGM

Post#45 » by thelead » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:26 am

Cigamodnalro wrote:Well, we're back in 6th (tie). I anticipate New Orleans winning a few and passing us in the next 10 days. I think Sacramento and Detroit both stay above us in the standings as well. Washington and Cleveland (trending up) and Phoenix and Charlotte (trending down) are our biggest obstacles to a top pick. Ultimately I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Suns ended up with the worst record in the league.

Yeah, I'm going to update the thread tomorrow. I want to see what happens with that CLE/SAC game tonight. I agree with everything you said though. It wouldn't shock me if we finished anywhere from 3rd-10th worst record. Anything after that might be a shocker at this point.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Post#46 » by MoMM » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:44 pm

6h pick so far. NO, Phoenix, Charlotte, Cleveland and Washington are getting the top 5 picks.

NBADraft has us getting Smart with this pick and DraftExpress I. Austin, but McLemore is #7.
TruthTelling
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#47 » by TruthTelling » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:48 pm

Suns might not win more than 2 games in until the end of february. Their schedule is getting brutal.

I am projecting Charlotte, Phoenix, Cleveland as the top 3 worse records followed by Orlando and Washington.

Phoenix would likely decide between Muhammad and McLemore with their pick.

charlotte - mohammad
phoenix - mclemore
cleveland - len or noel
orlando - noel if not ? bennett or a PG?
drsd
RealGM

Post#48 » by drsd » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:28 pm

The Spurs have a new law-suit that if won would effectively make it illegal to tank.

ESPN LINK

The point is that fans have paid for the best possible product. If a team does not deliver on that promise, than fraud has been committed. That Stern, and even Popovich himself, criticized San Antonio's roster for a game makes this suit have some merit.
"If I was taking my 6-year-old son and daughter to the game, I would want them to see everybody," Popovich said. "And if they weren't there, I'd be disappointed."

Still, my expectation is that this suit is thrown out.

cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,167

Post#49 » by cedric76 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:41 pm

this is BS, SA almost won that game

SA isnt tanking, STERN is a joke
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
doct3r dr3
RealGM
And1: 2,485

Post#50 » by doct3r dr3 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:31 pm

magic making sure they lose to the bad teams (wiz, bobcats, etc.) is great for the ol' ping-pong balls. helps our lottery position while hurting theirs.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
SmiteaDwight
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#51 » by SmiteaDwight » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:09 pm

Michael Carter williams of syracuse is solid. Athletic and 9.4 assists as a pg all in a 6-6 package.

We might pick higher than him but if we ended up with him I wouldnt be mad.
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#52 » by in-limbo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:07 am

doct3r dr3 wrote:magic making sure they lose to the bad teams (wiz, bobcats, etc.) is great for the ol' ping-pong balls. helps our lottery position while hurting theirs.

Thats not a bad idea at all. I have to admit, when they were 6-3 starting with the Lakers I was hoping for a playoff run, I think BBD's injury put an end to that. The tougher part will be what to do next year, this year is taking care of itself. I dont know if I can handle being this bad, OR WORSE!, for another season.

How else could we get really involved in the 2014 draft without sucking. Is there any way the TPE could bring a high pick for next years draft. Is there anyone needing to badly shed salary that we may help out. It seems we have assets, do we really have to lose for 2 years just because the draft is looking very good. I think we could easily get into the lottery following the trade deadline this year, anyone see a sleeper in a bad draft?
thelead
RealGM

Post#53 » by thelead » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:16 am

We're still at 6th but it looks like the Hornets will overtake us by the end of the week as predicted. We are a game closer to the worst record than we are the 8th playoff spot. We're also about a month away from the trade deadline so we may even see some vets traded to focus on the future. Things should get clearer over the next month.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#54 » by Cigamodnalro » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:04 am

Tied for fifth with Hornets after tonight's loss.

Also, Cleveland's win over Boston puts the Cavs in a virtual 3-way-tie for last place (WAS/CLE/CHA), with Phoenix 3 games out and Orlando/New Orleans 4 games out.

Cavs and Wizards still trending up. Bobcats, Suns, and Magic trending down.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
doct3r dr3
RealGM
And1: 2,485

Post#55 » by doct3r dr3 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:21 am

Cigamodnalro wrote:Tied for fifth with Hornets after tonight's loss.

Also, Cleveland's win over Boston puts the Cavs in a virtual 3-way-tie for last place (WAS/CLE/CHA), with Phoenix 3 games out and Orlando/New Orleans 4 games out.

Cavs and Wizards still trending up. Bobcats, Suns, and Magic trending down.

BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
thelead
RealGM

Post#56 » by thelead » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:32 am

We are now tied for the FOURTH WORST RECORD in the entire league. JV is doing a hell of a job of assuring our rebuild through the draft. I'll update the OP later as the PHX game has bearings on our standings.
Greenraida
Pro Prospect
And1: 237

Post#57 » by Greenraida » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:53 am

we will be top 3 worst teams at the end of the season, after the trade deadline we will be really bad.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#58 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:01 am

With John Wall coming back there is no way they finish below us. I see NOLA picking it up now with this new brand, there will be some excitement in the city/arena that should get them through the rough stretches. I'm picking us for 3rd worst at the end of the year, wouldn't be surprised if we were 2nd worst though.
drsd
RealGM

Post#59 » by drsd » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:38 am

With the recent loss, Orlando is on track for the #5 pick. That's Anthony Bennett or Otto Porter.
Greenraida
Pro Prospect
And1: 237

Post#60 » by Greenraida » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:37 am

drsd wrote:With the recent loss, Orlando is on track for the #5 pick. That's Anthony Bennett or Otto Porter.

Nothing really exciting :/

Return to Orlando Magic