ImageImageImage

WT: Nets Preparing to Pursue Trade for Dwight

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Re: WT: Nets Preparing to Pursue Trade for Dwight 

Post#41 » by Tirion » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:36 am

jade_hippo wrote:I wouldn't mind Pek and Other Lopez. Love for Anderson/Other Lopez?

If they are going the rebuilding route, that's not a bad deal. Anderson is a very good player on a nice contract. But I would want an unprotected 1st with that.

And taking on Brook Lopez horrible deal is idiotic. Especially when you already have Pek.
Viljanen
Junior
And1: 81

Post#42 » by Viljanen » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:41 am

Why would Minnesota do that!!??

Come on, Brook Lopez has far less value than Love. Love is arguably the best PF in the game. A rebounding machine who can space the floor and be exteremely consistant (when not injured). A hand injury is not that bad, he´ll be 100% back, and there are 2.5 more years in his contract. Lopez injury history is much worse. plus he doesn´t fit at all with Pek. Change Pek + Love for Lopez and Smith and we change one of the most dominant frontcourts of the league (if not the most) for an inconsistent long 2´s chucker and an injury prone center who can´t rebound. Great deal!

Trade Williams + Ridnour for cheaper average production at the SG and prepare to match offers for Pek and Buddinger. That´s all Minnesota needs.
Los de Valladolid somos de los Timberwolves Jazz de toda la vida.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#43 » by southern wolf » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 am

I like Lopez, but not for the asking price. It's a BS rumour and Kahny would say no anyway.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,571

Post#44 » by Klomp » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:08 pm

I believe I have a much more reasonable proposition: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a2h3ob8

LA Out: Howard, Gasol, Meeks
LA In: Lopez, Humphries, Roy

Nash/Bryant/World Peace/Humphries/Lopez

BRK Out: Lopez, Humphries, Brooks
BRK In: Howard, Williams, Barea, Stiemsma

Williams/Johnson/Wallace/Williams/Howard

MIN Out: Williams, Roy, Barea, Stiemsma
MIN In: Gasol, Brooks, Meeks

Rubio/Shved/Kirilenko/Love/Gasol

There will probably still be complaints coming from folks here, but I think this is a fairly even trade.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#45 » by NewWolvesOrder » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:20 pm

Lakers would want Love paired with Gasol. Your trade doesn't make any sense.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by Klomp » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:12 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:Lakers would want Love paired with Gasol. Your trade doesn't make any sense.

What are you talking about?!
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,705

Post#47 » by FinnTheHuman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:37 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:Lakers would want Love paired with Gasol. Your trade doesn't make any sense.

LOL. That would be like the worst starting defensive backcourt in the league. Love and Dwight makes sense tho.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#48 » by kmgarnett21 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:00 pm

IF this did have any rumor to it, it wouldn't be a three-player swap. Who else would we be able to get?

The Lakers don't have anyone I'd want. The only Nets I might be interested in would be Brooks or maybe Watson.
cojayar
Junior
And1: 106

Post#49 » by cojayar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:15 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:

LOL. That would be like the worst starting defensive backcourt in the league. Love and Dwight makes sense tho.

Howard is by far a worse defender than Gasol. He can not defend, he can not attack. But he is always in good mood after losing a game. Not so much when he gets a technical. Howard is not worth 8 Millions.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#50 » by C.lupus » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:49 pm

cojayar wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:

Howard is by far a worse defender than Gasol. He can not defend, he can not attack. But he is always in good mood after losing a game. Not so much when he gets a technical. Howard is not worth 8 Millions.

Oh come on. That is just silliness. Howard is a three time defensive player of the year and has lead the NBA in defensive win shares four times (coming in third twice). Gasol is nowhere near Howard defensively when Dwight is healthy. He is not healthy right now, though, and that is the problem. That is like judging Love's three point shooting off of this season when he had broken bones in his shooting hand and ignoring his 40% shooting the last couple years and his 3 pt contest trophy.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach

Post#51 » by kmgarnett21 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:51 pm

Regarding Dwight, I don't think even if he would agree to a contract extension before trading for him, that I would want him. He's just proven to be too much of a distraction/cancer the past couple of years. And he has no-to-little offensive skill other than putbacks and dunks. I would almost rather acquire Lopez than Howard.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,705

Post#52 » by FinnTheHuman » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:53 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:Regarding Dwight, I don't think even if he would agree to a contract extension before trading for him, that I would want him. He's just proven to be too much of a distraction/cancer the past couple of years. And he has no-to-little offensive skill other than putbacks and dunks. I would almost rather acquire Lopez than Howard.

Dwight doesn't need anything he doesn't have to look great with Rubio. If he would agree to a contract extension before trading for him, I'd take him in a heath beat.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:35 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:Dwight doesn't need anything he doesn't have to look great with Rubio. If he would agree to a contract extension before trading for him, I'd take him in a heath beat.

He would just get double and triple teamed unless we somehow got some shooters

kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach

Post#54 » by kmgarnett21 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:16 pm

Howard wouldn't agree to an extension here, but IF he somehow did, we'd almost have to drastically change our roster.

The only way a team with Howard can be successful is do what Orlando did when they made it to the Finals: surround him with shooters, like Klomp said. Currently, we're the worst shooting team in the league and one of the worst 3-point shooting teams in NBA history.

I get where you're coming from on Rubio/Howard/Love being almost a perfect trio of stars. But there's about 0% chance of this even being talked about, let alone happen.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves