ImageImageImageImage

Redick receiving interest from teams

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,970

Re: Redick receiving interest from teams 

Post#161 » by Nyce_1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:03 am

rcklsscognition wrote:
thelead wrote:
Ballah wrote:Because a lot of teams are expressing interest in JJ.

And JJ can walk and leave us with nothing

We should trade them both, but he's right, pressing issue now is JJ, since he can bolt. I'd like to move AA too because I feel he's too discontent with losing and is a bad tank commander.

lol
Orium
Assistant Coach
And1: 349

Post#162 » by Orium » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:14 am

rcklsscognition wrote:
thelead wrote:
Ballah wrote:Because a lot of teams are expressing interest in JJ.

And JJ can walk and leave us with nothing

We should trade them both, but he's right, pressing issue now is JJ, since he can bolt. I'd like to move AA too because I feel he's too discontent with losing and is a bad tank commander.

I agree, AA doesn't seem terribly happy to be a Magician. I wouldn't put too many eggs in that basket.
The curse of Fran Vasquez lives on
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#163 » by drsd » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:20 pm

Orium wrote:I agree, AA doesn't seem terribly happy to be a Magician.

I strongly disagree. What I see in Mr. Afflalo is a hyper competitor that hates losing. Every loss he takes on himself and looks to his game to try to do his part to gain wins. That is a very positive thing in a player.
Orium
Assistant Coach

Post#164 » by Orium » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:29 pm

drsd wrote:
Orium wrote:I agree, AA doesn't seem terribly happy to be a Magician.

I strongly disagree. What I see in Mr. Afflalo is a hyper competitor that hates losing. Every loss he takes on himself and looks to his game to try to do his part to gain wins. That is a very positive thing in a player.

I didn't say it was reflected in his play.. merely that he doesn't want to be on a rebuilding team.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#165 » by Cigamodnalro » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:55 pm

J.J. Redick, an unrestricted free agent at season's end, wants a raise on his $6.19MM salary, but the Magic want him to take a hometown discount, reports USA Today's Jeff Zillgitt. If the team doesn't believe it can re-sign him when the trade deadline rolls around, Zillgitt won't be surprised to see the Magic trade Redick, since they don't want to lose him without any return.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/01/odds-ends--3.html

Redick's future with Magic should be determined soon

Orlando Magic guard J.J. Redick loves Orlando. His wife, Chelsea, loves Orlando. She grew up in Florida and graduated from the University of Central Florida in Orlando. They don't want to move. They will if they have to.

And they should find out soon if they are staying in the area for the next few seasons or re-locating for future NBA seasons.

Redick is in the final year of his three-year, $19.6 million deal that pays him $6.19 million this season. Preferably, Redick wants to remain with the Magic, with whom he has spent his seven NBA seasons and emerged as a more than serviceable shooting guard.

But Redick also wants a raise. How much are the rebuilding Magic willing to pay Redick? Or the better question is: how much is Redick willing to accept to remain with Orlando?

Will Orlando get a hometown discount from Redick and keep him? That's what the Magic are in the process of finding out.

There is strong interest from around the league in Redick, a career 39.7% three-point shooter. He is a decent drive-and-kick player and while not considered a defensive stopper, he is not the defensive liability he was earlier in his career, thanks to prodding from former Magic coach Stan Van Gundy.

If it emerges that Redick and Orlando can't find common ground on a salary, don't be surprised if the Magic trade him by the Feb. 21 trade deadline. If the Magic can't keep him, they want to get something for him.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nb ... z/1856709/
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#166 » by magicman123 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:34 pm

If Redick leaves, the Magic should start over, Relocate to New Mexico and change their name to the Chili Peppers

Jk, should be an interesting deadline for the magic, I expect lots of trade talks and a few moves
msmoore66
Pro Prospect
And1: 328

Post#167 » by msmoore66 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:42 pm

Eff it, I have been trying to think rationally, trying to accept that trading JJ would be a good prudent move for us.
But screw it, sports is not only about money, numbers and efficiency, there is also emotion and I want us to keep the hardest working player in the NBA, JJ has been Magic through and through the past few years, lets keep it that way.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#168 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:59 pm

msmoore66 wrote:Eff it, I have been trying to think rationally, trying to accept that trading JJ would be a good prudent move for us.
But screw it, sports is not only about money, numbers and efficiency, there is also emotion and I want us to keep the hardest working player in the NBA, JJ has been Magic through and through the past few years, lets keep it that way.

I remember a year and a half ago team reps telling me while I was in the Magic training room that JJ was pound for pound the strongest player on the team. Just saying. He is just a player that does whatever the team asks him to do while being a leader on the team.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
msmoore66
Pro Prospect
And1: 328

Post#169 » by msmoore66 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:33 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
msmoore66 wrote:Eff it, I have been trying to think rationally, trying to accept that trading JJ would be a good prudent move for us.

I remember a year and a half ago team reps telling me while I was in the Magic training room that JJ was pound for pound the strongest player on the team. Just saying. He is just a player that does whatever the team asks him to do while being a leader on the team.

Yeah I remember you posting about that actually. Work ethics like that are hard to come by. He has too much connection to Orlando and effectively represents the mold for the type of player this team wants. JJ MUST STAY.
Orium
Assistant Coach

Post#170 » by Orium » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:07 pm

I think we'd all choose Redick over Afflalo, but at what price? That last story implies that we're already out of the running financially and are hoping JJ gives us a discount so we can keep him. If he decides he wants the money, it's time to trade him. I don't care who the player is, overpaying never ends well for a team.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#171 » by drsd » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:18 pm

Orium wrote:I think we'd all choose Redick over Afflalo, but at what price?

It is critical to remember that, whereas Redick is a competent defender, Afflalo is widely seen as above average.

MellowRose
Banned User
And1: 1,551

Post#172 » by MellowRose » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:46 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:

You work for the Magic? :o
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#173 » by Cigamodnalro » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:56 am

MellowRose wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

BMP is really Glen Davis
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,002

Post#174 » by fendilim » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:01 pm

Marc Stein: Hearing Celts, even before season-worst 7-for-32 shooting from 15+ feet in NYK loss, have ramped up their interest in Magic's J.J. Redick Twitter @ESPNSteinLine
Rumors tagsOrlando Magic | share Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors

Marc Stein: Size obviously Celts' priority if they do deal before Feb. 21 trade deadline but word is they hope to work way into Redick mix if they can Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

how bad would tihs be,,,
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,970

Post#175 » by Nyce_1 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:15 pm

fendilim wrote:Marc Stein: Hearing Celts, even before season-worst 7-for-32 shooting from 15+ feet in NYK loss, have ramped up their interest in Magic's J.J. Redick Twitter @ESPNSteinLine
Rumors tagsOrlando Magic | share Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors

Marc Stein: Size obviously Celts' priority if they do deal before Feb. 21 trade deadline but word is they hope to work way into Redick mix if they can Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

how bad would tihs be,,,

I wouldn't mind sending Redick to Bos; however, the bigger question is what can Bos give us that's worth it? I don't think they have anything we'd like so a third team would have to get involved.

There's a lot of suitors out there for Redick, so it'll come down to highest offer.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#176 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:21 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:
MellowRose wrote:

BMP is really Glen Davis

LOL!

No, during the Lockout offseason, me and a friend got a tour through the Amway from an associate that worked for the Magic (no longer there due to house cleaning this past summer). While in the locker room there were some of the trainers who work with the Magic players who told me about JJ being P4P strong man and that Hedo smoked a pack a day during the 2009 season. LOL

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Magic#1
General Manager
And1: 1,101

Post#177 » by Magic#1 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:37 pm

I'd hate to lose JJ because he's the type of guy who we really need. With his fitness, he'll still be good for a LONG time. The problem is that we'd be locking up a lot of money in the two spot if we keep him. It's a tough call, but if we think we could keep him, I'd really be cautious trading him just for the sake of trading him. Our team isn't THAT far away.
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#178 » by RickB-Orlando » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:
MellowRose wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

BMP is really Glen Davis

Now it all makes sense...
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#179 » by RickB-Orlando » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Magic#1 wrote:I'd hate to lose JJ because he's the type of guy who we really need. With his fitness, he'll still be good for a LONG time. The problem is that we'd be locking up a lot of money in the two spot if we keep him. It's a tough call, but if we think we could keep him, I'd really be cautious trading him just for the sake of trading him. Our team isn't THAT far away.

I don't want to see JJ traded, because he, along with Jameer, have been mainstays and are quality leaders. Not D12 type leaders, but real leaders.

If he IS traded, I hope it's not to Boston, and I certainly hope it isn't a trade that involves Courtney Lee, because I want nothing to do with hearing from the We Never Should Have Traded Him In The First Place bandwagon again.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#180 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:45 pm

I just don't really see the Magic getting equal or better value back for what JJ means to this team.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic