Post#1 » by Dewey » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:29 pm

To LA
JJ Barea ... veteran PG
Derrick Williams
Nikola Pekovic
R.Roy (contract)

To MN
Dwight Howard

Rube/SG/AK/Love/Howard ... all will say DH will never resign here and head to bigger market ... but woh knows. The same deal minus Pek for J.Smith. Low risk
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Re: MN/LA 

Post#2 » by Jukeness » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:35 pm

When he doesnt resign, then what?
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#3 » by Krapinsky » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:56 pm

Jukeness wrote:When he doesnt resign, then what?

Then we resign Pekovic instead?
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#4 » by Jukeness » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:58 pm

Not if he's in LA.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#5 » by [RCG] » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:09 pm

Won't we lose Pekovic's Bird Rights? And Dwight Howard would not resign with us. I know.

We trade D.Will, Pekovic, Barea for a half-season rental of Dwight? It'd fill up the Target Center but we'd be screwed next year.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#6 » by Dewey » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:25 pm

[RCG] wrote:Won't we lose Pekovic's Bird Rights? And Dwight Howard would not resign with us. I know.

We trade D.Will, Pekovic, Barea for a half-season rental of Dwight? It'd fill up the Target Center but we'd be screwed next year.

The best things are rarely sure things. DW and Love would be a terrific tandem. I'm a Pekasaurus fan, but DW, JJB, and Pek are not taking us to the finals. If Pek is going to command big$$, then good for him - I still put my money on DH. DH gets a chance to play with Rubio, AK ... the only bad part is Love may or may not be back to help sell the package.

Even if you did not make a move this summer and resign what we had
Rube/Shved/Ridnour
Bud/Shved
AK/Gellenbale
Love/Cunningham/Amundson
Howard/Steimsma/Johnson
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,962

Post#7 » by shrink » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:08 pm

Regarding what Dwight Howard is worth:

1. Dwight Howard just doesn't look the same. He needs to look better to recoup value on his expensive contract.

2. If he looks better, next summer his value is based on his own indecisiveness between:

- A. Stays with the wolves for max (looks great next to Love!)

- B. Wants to go elsewhere

- b1. Picks one team he'll re-sign with = take what we can get (because we can lose him for nothing)

- b2. Picks more than one team = auction could be good, but limited to what they can give (Center?)
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#8 » by [RCG] » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:07 pm

I just am not going to be able to buy in. Love is going to miss too much of the season. Then when everyone is healthy with a week or two left in the season we aren't going to have any team chemistry on the court. Follow that up with a quick playoff exit if we are lucky enough to make it then Dwight walks, we lose Pek's bird rights and I doubt he'd give us any benefit after we trade him mid-season. Then we are stuck with:

Rubio/Ridnour
Budinger/Shved
Kirilenko/Gelabale
Love/Cunninham
Stiemsma/Johnson
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#9 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:34 am

at least on paper, Love/rubio is the perfect fit for Dwight Howard. I almost can't fathom him walking away from that. Almost.

Its a huge gamble b/c if dwight walks, you might as well trade Love too and that's gonna take some serious trade/free agent skills to recover from. But the on court potential is enormous and if Kahn had the stones to make that kind of gamble...te salute. I'm not gonna get mad at something like that.

We spent the waning years of kg's Minnesota career not daring to move our precious youngsters b/c there's always a risk that Gary Payton is too old or that getting Iverson saps all our depth. I said that and other did too, but looking back, I was wrong. So maybe we need to take some gambles. What are we afraid of, we haven't done jack **** in 20 years. Why hold onto the status quo? Dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that, for one chance, JUST ONE CHANCE, to come back here and tell our enemies, that that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!?!? Alba gu Brath!!!
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#10 » by Murphs56 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:52 am

Why are there hypotheticals with less than 0% chance of happening on here
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,705

Post#11 » by FinnTheHuman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:16 pm

Dunno, I can't help but think DH would hate the weather too much after playing in Florida and California, he seems so shallow. We'd have to look like contenders and enable him to play like a monster instantly if we wanted to keep him. While I'd like taking risk, this one seems too big.
Dewey
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Dewey » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:35 pm

I've gradually become a little concerned with Pek .... he just does not seem like he can handle the 30 minutes without issues. I'm not so much against paying Pek to stay, but if there is a chance we could acquire DH, then I gotta roll the dice on DH.

I agree DH has not been himself this season, but hey, join this club of injured pups. Like Rubio, he would be taken by the attention this fan base can offer in such a remote market starved for a championship caliber franchise - the real challenge is to get him to look at the big picture - not stare into the bright lights. No one here can deny that a core of Rubio/Love/Howard would not be sweet ... maybe ... just maybe ... he'd see that too. He could make a legitimate name for himself all over.

Rubio/Shved/AK47/Love/Howard ... talk about a team that is WILLING & ABLE to share the ball ... and Imagine the defensive impact Howard would have ... then the rebounding.

Do I think this will happen? No. I think we are going to trade for Gasol. :dontknow: It adds a big man that RA loves and offers insurance for Pek's contract situation. If Kahn/RA feel it's a good basketball move, I'm 99% certain Taylor will approve it financially. Heck they even have him on ice now as a reserve ... if they can just get smaller pieces in return, I think LA pulls the plug...
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,962

Post#13 » by shrink » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:13 pm

According to sources, King was planning to contact the Minnesota Timberwolves in order to gauge their interest in a three-team trade that would send Kevin Love to the Lakers, Brook Lopez to the Timberwolves and Dwight Howard to the Nets. Other small pieces would need to be included, but the proposed trade was thought to be intriguing enough to start conversations in the Lakers front office that would force them to deal with Howard earlier than planned.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#14 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:26 pm

great player, great attitude, great season, great fit with Rubio, but he only plays 30 mpg, has some injury history, and isn't a PF
Dewey
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by Dewey » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:04 pm

shrink wrote:
According to sources, King was planning to contact the Minnesota Timberwolves in order to gauge their interest in a three-team trade that would send Kevin Love to the Lakers, Brook Lopez to the Timberwolves and Dwight Howard to the Nets. Other small pieces would need to be included, but the proposed trade was thought to be intriguing enough to start conversations in the Lakers front office that would force them to deal with Howard earlier than planned.

If we could snag a nice SG out of a 3-way like this, it that would be ok with me ... they may call it dead, but you know where there's smoke, then more smoke, then you see people scrambling from their foxhole due more smoke ... there's fire.

You know something is going to go down in LA ... hope we can benefit somehow
InjuryProne
Junior
And1: 6

Post#16 » by InjuryProne » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:15 pm

What about this

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=anhnvcv

Pau for Roy/DW/Barea
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,006

Post#17 » by moss_is_1 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:36 pm

We don't want Pau.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#18 » by kmgarnett21 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:03 pm

Why are so many Wolves fans enamored with Pau? Is it simply b/c of the Rubio connection?

Pau is as close to being washed up as you can be. Earl Clark is starting over him. Pau even started slowing down a lot last season, too.

No thanks.
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#19 » by NikolaPekovic » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:53 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:Why are so many Wolves fans enamored with Pau? Is it simply b/c of the Rubio connection?

Pau is as close to being washed up as you can be. Earl Clark is starting over him. Pau even started slowing down a lot last season, too.

No thanks.

pau is the best big man for a rick adelman system. Pair him with kevin love and u have a good inside out combo with some length. problem is pau looks so old and slow that its not even worth it anymore.
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#20 » by [RCG] » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:59 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:Why are so many Wolves fans enamored with Pau?

There really aren't many at all.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves