ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Random Thoughts Thread - Part 3

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Re: Official Random Thoughts Thread - Part 3 

Post#501 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:13 pm

Perhaps blacks all look alike to George Stephanopoulos ...

Bill Russell is an NBA legend, and as such, gets invited to many important events. On Monday, Russell was attending President Barack Obama‘s second inauguration, and did so in style. The 11-time NBA champion wore a Celtics hat to the ceremony, as if that would be enough to identify him.

Still, ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos mixed up Russell with another celebrity, mistakenly identifying the former center as actor Morgan Freeman when spotted by television cameras. The anchor quickly corrected himself but the damage was done.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/01/bill-russell-mi ... los-photo/

George continued to say he thought Bill Russell was great in Shawshank Redemption.
Bye bye Beal.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#502 » by fishercob » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:30 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wloD7joVVfY&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,700

Post#503 » by montestewart » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:19 am

fishercob wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wloD7joVVfY&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Took him three tries to get it right. I'd still like to know who the black guy standing next to him is.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#504 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:06 pm

Guys, if you haven't got the flu shot for this winter yet, I'd strongly recommend it. This is my first time getting the flu full force, and it idn't fun. I'm sitting shivering with 6 layers of clothes on with the heat turned up over 70, a mild fever, horrible cough - felt like I coughed my lungs out, runny nose. Luckily stomach issues haven't surfaced yet. It started last night - and it was full force right from the start.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
gesa2
Rookie
And1: 236

Post#505 » by gesa2 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:38 pm

Ruzious wrote:Guys, if you haven't got the flu shot for this winter yet, I'd strongly recommend it. This is my first time getting the flu full force, and it idn't fun. I'm sitting shivering with 6 layers of clothes on with the heat turned up over 70, a mild fever, horrible cough - felt like I coughed my lungs out, runny nose. Luckily stomach issues haven't surfaced yet. It started last night - and it was full force right from the start.

Ruz, if you haven't already you should think about seeing your doctor. There is a somewhat effective treatment for the flu, but it only helps if you start within the first 48 hours. Tamiflu on average will take away one of your worst days if started early.

I completely agree on the flu shot too for everryone else. It's not too late in the season - it has it's full effect within 2 weeks, and probably helps some before that.

edited for clarity
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#506 » by Higga » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Snow is useless when you're not a kid in school.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant
And1: 222

Post#507 » by Severn Hoos » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:55 pm

Wiretap: Celtics Elevating Interest in J.J. Redick

Fill in the next line contest....

"Least surprising Headline of the Year"

"Old Habits Die Hard"

"First time 'Redick" and 'Elevating' have been used in the same sentence since...ever."

"Celtics decide they don't have enough players that opposing fans can dislike"

and so on...
"A society that puts equality - in the sense of equality of outcome - ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom. The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom" Milton Friedman, Free to Choose
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,300

Post#508 » by dobrojim » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:02 pm

weird going into the mens' room and hearing someone talk (in chinese or japanese?
or any other language as far as that goes) on his cell phone while on 'the throne'.

then again, I did recently hear that a surprisingly high number of cell phones
are destroyed as a result of being dropped in the toilet.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,300

Post#509 » by dobrojim » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:03 pm

Higga wrote:Snow is useless when you're not a kid in school.

unless you're in the mtns skiing
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#510 » by AFM » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:27 pm

I miss WizD. What happened to WizD??
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#511 » by DMVleGeND » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:54 pm

Ruzious wrote:Guys, if you haven't got the flu shot for this winter yet, I'd strongly recommend it. This is my first time getting the flu full force, and it idn't fun. I'm sitting shivering with 6 layers of clothes on with the heat turned up over 70, a mild fever, horrible cough - felt like I coughed my lungs out, runny nose. Luckily stomach issues haven't surfaced yet. It started last night - and it was full force right from the start.

I fell you bro. I didn't have the flu, but I had a fever, sore throat, stomach pain, horrible cough, and a stuffy nose. And to add to all that, I got pink eye. It was hell this past weekend.
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#512 » by DMVleGeND » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:54 pm

Higga wrote:Snow is useless when you're not a kid in school.

:D Schools closed two hours early today.
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
RealGM

Post#513 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:18 pm

Speaking of schools, earlier, on the same day Trent Williams got injured at a nightclub; he and other Pro Bowlers were at my son's school as part of NFL 360.

My son's comment to me (before the fight): "Richard Sherman is crazy for going after Trent Williams. That guy is huge." I find it pretty ironic that Williams had some trouble that night.

From the sound of things, Williams was purely a victim, and in the wrong place at the right time.
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#514 » by Ruzious » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:03 am

gesa2 wrote:

Ruz, if you haven't already you should think about seeing your doctor. There is a somewhat effective treatment for the flu, but it only helps if you start within the first 48 hours. Tamiflu on average will take away one of your worst days if started early.

I completely agree on the flu shot too for everryone else. It's not too late in the season - it has it's full effect within 2 weeks, and probably helps some before that.

edited for clarity

Thanks geza and DMV. I should have gone to the doctor and gotten Tamiflu, but I could barely walk - every move game me horrible chills. But luckily the fevers gone down, and all the other symptoms - while still there - have gone way down. One weird symptom - I just had my first solid food other than oatmeal since it started. My taste buds are totally skewed right now. I had a chicken sandwich on rye bread - all fresh ingredients - the bread tastes like cardboard and the chicken like some gross mystery meat. I had to slather it with ketchup to make it eatable. And a regular coke (my favorite soda) tasted like a bad diet rootbeer. But I'm up for watching the Wiz beat the Bulls.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
willbcocks
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#515 » by willbcocks » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:23 am

Speaking of illnesses, living in a third world country has made me an illness-magnet. In 1.5 years, I have had three separate instances where my body expelled all fluids in all directions, had a fever over 102, and basically felt dead for 2-3 days.

Two of them were either food poisoning or lesser bacteria, but one of them was a nasty amoeba: 104 temperature, hospitalized for two days, and I literally freaked out and needed to be restrained at the hospital when they administered the medicine. Four more months here, so I'm hoping that's it.
RealGM

Post#516 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:38 am

When i was stationed in Korea, if it didn't come out of a carton, bottle, or a can I didn't drink it. Exception was something steamed/boiled like hot tea or coffee. I was very leery of drinking water and uncooked fish.

willbcocks, I didn't even trust ice cubes over there. Nothing against the country or the great people of ROK, but I wasn't taking any chances. You sound like you got amoebic dysentery.
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#517 » by Ruzious » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:01 pm

Will, I'll raise a glass of bottled water to you and wish you a speedy healthy 4 months. Salud.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,151

Post#518 » by Zonkerbl » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:46 pm

Check out this awesome video of Lebron bear hugging a fan:

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/lebron-be ... 26ad32835a
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#519 » by AFM » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:08 pm

Yeah Zonker that was awesome. Almost made me like Lebron.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,700

Post#520 » by montestewart » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:26 pm

I would be scared if a smiling giant tackled me.

Return to Washington Wizards