ImageImageImageImageImage

Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 2 

Post#1001 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:48 pm

Illuminaire wrote:Cap space...ugh, good gosh. What is it good for? Absolutely nothing.

Say it again. Ahhh ...
Bye bye Beal.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#1002 » by closg00 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:54 am

At the end of Summer League/pre-season there were two players everyone was talking about, Lillard & Selby....just remembered that.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#1003 » by montestewart » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:19 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Illuminaire wrote:Cap space...ugh, good gosh. What is it good for? Absolutely nothing.

Say it again. Ahhh ...

Good God. You all.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1004 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:20 am

closg00 wrote:At the end of Summer League/pre-season there were two players everyone was talking about, Lillard & Selby....just remembered that.

And even though Sebly's been out of school for a few years, he's still 8-9 months younger than Lillard, so his age might be a valid excuse for his poor stats at various stages.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1005 » by LyricalRico » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:20 pm

The Toronto Raptors would prefer to trade Kyle Lowry over Jose Calderon, according to league sources.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... r_Calderon

Kyle Lowry, who has quickly worn out his welcome in Toronto, could be an option for the Mavs or Hawks, who are both in need of point-guard help. With only $1 million guaranteed next season, Lowry would be a short-term fix without clogging up future cap space.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/2161 ... rs-in-bind

Anybody see a team out there that would go for a Bargnani+Lowry package?

:dontknow:
dandrews
Junior
And1: 4

Post#1006 » by dandrews » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:38 pm

What did Lowry do to wear out his welcome? He was tearing it up earlier in the year.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#1007 » by dangermouse » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:34 am

Celtics out: Pierce
Celtics in: Butler and Odom + a 1st round pick

Clips out: Butler and Odom + a 1st
Clips in: Pierce

Celtics send Pierce to his home town without the taboo of trading with the Lakers.

Clippers get better on the wing and give Paul more incentive to stay as they become more of a contender than they are now.

Celtics tank while Rondo is down, aiming for a Wiggins/Parker score in the 2014 draft.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#1008 » by nate33 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:34 pm

dangermouse wrote:Celtics out: Pierce

Celtics send Pierce to his home town without the taboo of trading with the Lakers.

Clippers get better on the wing and give Paul more incentive to stay as they become more of a contender than they are now.

Celtics tank while Rondo is down, aiming for a Wiggins/Parker score in the 2014 draft.

This makes a ton of sense for both teams. I like it.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1009 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:04 pm

Are you sure Boston is getting enough? Seems like LAC makes out a little too good. Maybe include Bledsoe now that Rondo is out?

And I don't think you can deal Pierce without also making plans to deal KG. It doesn't have to be the same deal, of course, but I think any Pierce trade scenario needs to also include some type of a KG trade. Maybe to DAL for Kaman's expiring and a pick? Or to Houston for some of their young guys?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1010 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:11 pm

dandrews wrote:What did Lowry do to wear out his welcome? He was tearing it up earlier in the year.

Beats me. I think he's Toronto's best player. Consider this is the same Toronto team that was starting Bargnani over Amir Johnson - who's probably their 2nd best player.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#1011 » by I_Like_Dirt » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:24 pm

dandrews wrote:What did Lowry do to wear out his welcome? He was tearing it up earlier in the year.

The Raptors are a team that have other priorities than winning, even though it's a little unclear what those priorities are. Jose Calderon is a coach's dream PG as far as decision-making goes, only he has some huge limitations physically. The end result is every PG the Raptors get who isn't Chris Paul winds up being liked less both the coach and Jose ultimately sticks because no other GM is trading anything of value for Jose since PGs better than Jose are actually quite common, even on the Raptors, so the team gets stuck in the same cycle repeatedly. They've been through similar issues with TJ Ford and Jarrett Jack (and to a lesser extent, Jerryd Bayless).
Bucket! Bucket!
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1012 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:42 pm

LyricalRico wrote:And I don't think you can deal Pierce without also making plans to deal KG. It doesn't have to be the same deal, of course, but I think any Pierce trade scenario needs to also include some type of a KG trade. Maybe to DAL for Kaman's expiring and a pick? Or to Houston for some of their young guys?

Wow, looks like KG actually has a no-trade clause. I assume he could waive it if he wanted to? If so, here's a thought...

Pierce+KG to San Antonio for Manu+SJax+Blair+pick

Boston completely clears their cap while still staying competitive this season. The Spurs get freaking stacked!

Duncan/Splitter
Garnett/Diaw
Pierce/Leonard
Green/Neal
Parker/De Colo

Man, SA might need to include more. Maybe they also send Leonard or Splitter to BOS? Could be worth it to take advantage of a Laker team in disarray, a still somewhat inexperienced Clipper team (at least when it comes to contending), and an OKC team that's still trying to figure out how to be dominant.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant

Post#1013 » by dangermouse » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:15 am

Yeah the trade would happen in conjunction with a KG trade. KG to Spurs makes a lot of sense and is probably one of the only destinations he would sign off on.

I figured that the Clips might be pretty high on Bledsoe and want to keep him around as a backup and insurance if Paul just doesn't want to sign on.

How about:

Pierce, Courtney Lee for Butler, Odom, Billups and a 1st.

C's get even more cap relief getting out of Lee's 4 year deal.

Follow it up with a Spurs trade:

KG, Jason Terry for SJAX, Diaw and Blair

Spurs run with the old-man-all-stars front line of Duncan/KG for the next 3 years or until they retire. Terry could find his way into the rotation with Danny Green playing more 3. Boston cuts more salary, Diaw runs through next year but they are going to need a tank commander and he could be their guy.

Report says that Rondo will be back in action by training camp. If he is guaranteed to be back by then I wouldnt do any trades. But it is an ACL tear, you know he's going to be out for a few more months than that. Going for the tank job couldnt come at a better time with a couple of studs projected in that draft. They could go from outside contenders to worst team in the league to outside contenders with upside in 2.5 seasons.

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#1014 » by AFM » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:30 am

^^ THankfully Rondo is not a player that relies on athleticism. He is a smart crafty player. I don't think this ACL tear will affect his performance in the future. Correct me if I'm wrong danger.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant

Post#1015 » by dangermouse » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:22 am

Oh i agree, it won't effect his career at all. I just consider the timetable to be a bit of wishful thinking.

dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,301

Post#1016 » by dobrojim » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:13 pm

AFM wrote:^^ THankfully Rondo is not a player that relies on athleticism. He is a smart crafty player. I don't think this ACL tear will affect his performance in the future. Correct me if I'm wrong danger.

I'd say Rondo relies a fair amount on quickness as well as the mental parts of
the game ie seeing things before they happen. That and having huge hands.

Medical tech being what it currently is, he could well make a full comeback.

What strikes me as intriguing are the on/off stats for BOS vis a vis Rondo.
Stats don't paint that bleak a picture for BOS without Rondo. Seemed strange
to me. Not sure if I believe it. Not the stats, the near term prospects for BOS
doing well without him. That said, CHI has gotten by without Rose who probably
had a statistically more positive impact for CHI than Rondo has had for BOS.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1017 » by LyricalRico » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:51 pm

The Griz/Raptor rumor where Gay goes to TOR and they are looking for a third team to take Calderon, what about Dallas? They need PG help badly (they signed Mike James for g-d's sake) and they have an expiring in Kaman that they can send to MEM.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#1018 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:06 pm

nate33 wrote:
dangermouse wrote:Celtics out: Pierce

This makes a ton of sense for both teams. I like it.

+1

The Clippers would start Paul, Billups, Pierce, and the lob city twins, Griffin and Jordan. Their bench would have Jamal Crawford, Grant Hill, Barnes, Bledsoe, Green, Hollins, and Turiaf.

With Pierce, the Clippers might become favorites to win it all.
Bye bye Beal.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1019 » by LyricalRico » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:12 pm

I guess I was wrong, the third team looks like Detroit. Didn't they just say they weren't trading Tayshaun Prince? LOL
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,213

Post#1020 » by MikeTheKid » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:14 pm

IDK why Rico but Im kinda glad we didnt get Rudy Gay, I think hes too overrated.

Return to Washington Wizards