ImageImageImageImageImage

New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#161 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:09 am

BigE86 wrote:It's really annoying when Rasho posts. Since individual opinions of what is annoying is cause for reporting, should I report him every time he posts?

?

if you don't like someone's posts, ignore him / his posts.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#162 » by 21shumpshumpst » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:12 am

BigE86 wrote:It's really annoying when Rasho posts. Since individual opinions of what is annoying is cause for reporting, should I report him every time he posts?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
E86
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,057

Post#163 » by E86 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:02 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:

?

if you don't like someone's posts, ignore him / his posts.

Sweet. So Rasho should just ignore the posts that are annoying to him.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,594

Post#164 » by Stannis » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:49 am

^^^ Tracking down old posters and bringing them up, especially in a post game thread, severely derails discussion though.

gethigh wrote:I have a question. Why do some of the mods on this forum hate the team and root against it?

Which mods do this?

Vorikan wrote:I would try to trade Stat for Gasol,i think that D'Antoni would want Stoudemire in Lakers uniform
-Stat&Nash were the most important players in Suns,with D'Antoni as a coach.He is also great in P&R with Nash.
-He is faster than Gasol,we all know that Lakers are probably gonna play fast in new system Run and gun.
-I've been reading some speculations that D'Antoni is not the biggest fan of Gasol,he is to slow for him.
Knicks would get:
-We all know that Stat and Anthony are not playing good together,not the right chemistry
-Gasol is more of a all-around player than STAT,he can fit in many sistems
-He is a better rebounder,better defender aswell.

I think that this is a win-win situation for both teams,it's worth a try at least especially if Gasol is not gonna fit in D'Antoni system and if Melo and Amare will struggle again together on the court.

Who are you? :lol: I never seen you post, but I see you make a well-built post in "Rules" thread, which probably not the best place to make this post.
Free Palestine
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#165 » by Rasho Brezec » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:19 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:if you see it, then report it. the posts that i have seen, i end up giving them a warning.

It's spread through 5 or so pages, I'm not reporting all of that. Should do as kane suggested, just suspend anyone bringing other boards and their posters up.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,352

Post#166 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:21 am

I personally like Rasho... he grows on you. Rasho you I know.. are one of the guys on here that I think have actually played some ball. Rasho was the first proponent of playing Melo at the 4 last year. Twas a good call.
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,349

Post#167 » by Grinditout » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:56 pm

This is more of a random/fun suggestion. Just recently during the past off season we had BAT Threads, and during them the most fun I had was live conversation/chat with other posters here who were participating. I think it'd be kinda fun and cool if we could just implement a live chat for every Knick game. Perhaps posting a chat link in the gamethreads on the day of. I know technically the thread itself is supposed to be there for discussion, but sometimes people post so fast that most of it doesn't get read or responded to.

Anyways just a suggestion.
siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Post#168 » by siar617 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:57 pm

looking at my account it says I'm suspended I dont know why or how it happened
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#169 » by Thugger HBC » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:02 am

siar617 wrote:looking at my account it says I'm suspended I dont know why or how it happened

It's a glitch in the system, it randomly shows up on some accounts.

It's being looked at, even some posters who are waived don't show up as such.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Post#170 » by siar617 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:16 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
siar617 wrote:looking at my account it says I'm suspended I dont know why or how it happened

It's a glitch in the system, it randomly shows up on some accounts.

It's being looked at, even some posters who are waived don't show up as such.

Thank you
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,162

Post#171 » by aggo » Sat Jan 5, 2013 12:36 am

you mods let us have no fun on these boards.

why lock my thread?

its just a light tongue in cheek troll thread.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#172 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:36 pm

AggO wrote:you mods let us have no fun on these boards.

why lock my thread?

:lol: You just stated why.

Besides the entire board hates that guy, to the extent we all believe he causes the Knicks to lose.

aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,162

Post#173 » by aggo » Sat Jan 5, 2013 11:35 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:

why lock my thread?

Besides the entire board hates that guy, to the extent we all believe he causes the Knicks to lose.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

seriously

it was a lighthearted troll thread.....

it had potential for some legs, no need to shut it down... this board doesnt have to be kept so serious all the time.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#174 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Jan 6, 2013 12:39 am

AggO wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:

why lock my thread?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

seriously

it was a lighthearted troll thread.....

it had potential for some legs, no need to shut it down... this board doesnt have to be kept so serious all the time.

Please....take a look at what goes on the daily on our board, we talk about anything and everything.

It's active because of such, but your thread was a joke, you admitted it as such, no one found it funny, thus it was locked.

It had potential though......

aj49689
Rookie
And1: 119

Post#175 » by aj49689 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:13 pm

Don't understand why my thread was locked, I was only making the statement that Westbrook should shoot a few less shots a game(the bad shots he takes) and that I prefer Kyrie Irving over Russell. I wasn't saying that Westbrook doesn't get Durant better shots or that he isn't important. Didn't say Westbrook wasn't a legit top 10 player along with Kyrie Irving. On top of all that, is felton taking more shots then melo? NO! If anything the subject should of said, Should Westbrook take a few less shots a game? Don't know why its gets locked after the mod voice's his opinion. Why not just lock it? Pathetic
If you want, to destroy my sweater. Pull this "Thread" as I walk away.

CARROT SOUP!
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#176 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:17 pm

aj49689 wrote:Don't understand why my thread was locked, I was only making the statement that Westbrook should shoot a few less shots a game(the bad shots he takes) and that I prefer Kyrie Irving over Russell. I wasn't saying that Westbrook doesn't get Durant better shots or that he isn't important. Didn't say Westbrook wasn't a legit top 10 player along with Kyrie Irving. On top of all that, is felton taking more shots then melo? NO! If anything the subject should of said, Should Westbrook take a few less shots a game? Don't know why its gets locked after the mod voice's his opinion. Why not just lock it? Pathetic

It would have never gotten locked if the "thoughts or statements" was place in the stickied NBA thread, which is where random fan thoughts normally go.

Actually two mods unrelated both stated it should go into the respective thread, me being one of them, and yes I locked it.

Apparently you do understand the flow, because you immediately posted in this thread to inquire about it.

Thanks for understanding though.

aj49689
Rookie

Post#177 » by aj49689 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:19 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
aj49689 wrote:Don't understand why my thread was locked, I was only making the statement that Westbrook should shoot a few less shots a game(the bad shots he takes) and that I prefer Kyrie Irving over Russell. I wasn't saying that Westbrook doesn't get Durant better shots or that he isn't important. Didn't say Westbrook wasn't a legit top 10 player along with Kyrie Irving. On top of all that, is felton taking more shots then melo? NO! If anything the subject should of said, Should Westbrook take a few less shots a game? Don't know why its gets locked after the mod voice's his opinion. Why not just lock it? Pathetic

It would have never gotten locked if the "thoughts or statements" was place in the stickied NBA thread, which is where random fan thoughts normally go.

Actually two mods unrelated both stated it should go into the respective thread, me being one of them, and yes I locked it.

Then why the hell hasn't the Allen Iverson thread not been locked? He is talking about getting rid of brewer for Allen Iverson ? Sticky? Thanks for being inconsistent and opinionated.

CARROT SOUP!
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#178 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:26 pm

aj49689 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:

Then why the hell hasn't the Allen Iverson thread not been locked? He is talking about getting rid of brewer for Allen Iverson ? Sticky? Thanks for being inconsistent and opinionated.

You've already stated your thread was merely a "statement", I commented on your statement then directed you where you can put that "statement" to garner proper discussion, rather than hitting the delete button for you to type it all over again.

But I do reserve that right, thanks for your input though.

aj49689
Rookie

Post#179 » by aj49689 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:36 pm

What about the thread "OT: Pierce finds out about Rondo's injury in Interview", shouldn't this be in the sticky "around the NBA"? I think its kinda sucks to read threw pages and pages of related thread material. I've seen a lot of inconsistency at times. Notice the other mod didn't give his opinion on the thread you locked? When you give your say so and then lock it, its kinda like older brother say so in which no body likes to here. Why not just lock it and keep your input to yourself in stead of locking it after you put your two sense in. Its just how I feel, but whatever your power makes you feel entitled to.

CARROT SOUP!
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#180 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:52 pm

aj49689 wrote:What about the thread "OT: Pierce finds out about Rondo's injury in Interview", shouldn't this be in the sticky "around the NBA"? I think its kinda sucks to read threw pages and pages of related thread material. I've seen a lot of inconsistency at times. Notice the other mod didn't give his opinion on the thread you locked? When you give your say so and then lock it, its kinda like older brother say so in which no body likes to here. Why not just lock it and keep your input to yourself in stead of locking it after you put your two sense in. Its just how I feel, but whatever your power makes you feel entitled to.

Sorry you feel that way, was not my intention, but I have no control over how it makes you feel.

But here's the funny part, you dont have to read those threads to place random statements in them, that's the irony of it.

I'm sure some may do it, but it isn't a requirement at all.

The object is to keep the board as clean as possibly, it will never ever be a perfect slate.

Notice that even though it wasn't and isn't locked, a mod did post in there...the third post actually "/thread".

Sometimes we keep a thread open for a reason....it's our discretion.

No difference than it being my discretion to make a comment in any thread and lock it if i feel the want or need to do so.

But like i said before, i locked it rather than deleting it primarily to you could transfer that thought to it's better suited thread.

I was doing you a favor imo, but nonetheless thank you for your concern.

Return to New York Knicks