Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Re: Official Random Thoughts Thread - Part 3 

Post#521 » by Nivek » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:32 pm

8-)
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
daSwami
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#522 » by daSwami » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:05 pm

Is this thought random enough to put in this thread?
:banghead:
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#523 » by Higga » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:31 pm

I'm already so sick of this weather and we still have a month+ to go. Spring/summer can't get here fast enough. :(
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#524 » by Nivek » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Wynton Marsalis is cool.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,301

Post#525 » by dobrojim » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:00 pm

we need more bass players in the world
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#526 » by Wizards2Lottery » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:30 am

I haven't posted here in a really long time. Primarily because this team sucks and I'm too busy in grad school so I've watched like 3 games all year. But overall life is good. Five months into my PhD. I'm already done 1/3 of the way, I met my current girlfriend four months ago and she's been an amazing addition to my life and my birthday is in 4 days (I turn 23).

Hope everyone else is doing just as well.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#527 » by fishercob » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:32 am

Good to see you, dude. Glad to hear things are going well.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#528 » by Higga » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:04 pm

Wizards2Lottery wrote:I haven't posted here in a really long time. Primarily because this team sucks and I'm too busy in grad school so I've watched like 3 games all year. But overall life is good. Five months into my PhD. I'm already done 1/3 of the way, I met my current girlfriend four months ago and she's been an amazing addition to my life and my birthday is in 4 days (I turn 23).

That's about two more games then I have. :lol: I do still enjoy this forum.

Two beautiful Spring weather days...now back to Winter weather. :(
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#529 » by mohammed10 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:54 pm

Wizards2Lottery wrote:I haven't posted here in a really long time. Primarily because this team sucks and I'm too busy in grad school so I've watched like 3 games all year. But overall life is good. Five months into my PhD. I'm already done 1/3 of the way, I met my current girlfriend four months ago and she's been an amazing addition to my life and my birthday is in 4 days (I turn 23).

W2L - welcome back! Happy to hear that life is good...
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#530 » by AFM » Fri Feb 1, 2013 4:50 am

W2L, don't forget about us. We can't lose both you and WizD.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#531 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Feb 1, 2013 10:14 am

Wow, that's great news! (Current girlfriend sounds like wife material if you ask me.)

Happy birthday in advanced. My birthday is in 2 days. :)

I met somebody who I can talk to and more importantly, who respects my insights on human nature. She is so stunning that I'm feeling out of my league. Met her because she works at the school of one of my sons and complimented me on my parenting. Just a friend but definitely someone I want to get to know better. Smart, attractive, good job. She's 40 but looks around 28 years old. Can't say I've been this impressed with any lady I just met in years TBH. I can't think of anything I don't like about her so far.
Bye bye Beal.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#532 » by montestewart » Fri Feb 1, 2013 6:00 pm

OK, so W2L and CCJ, February 3rd? Party here?
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#533 » by miller31time » Fri Feb 1, 2013 6:58 pm

Hey man. Glad to hear things are going well and happy (early) birthday. 23 is a good year.
RealGM

Post#534 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Feb 4, 2013 10:33 pm

As I reflect with age and added wisdom, I seek answers to life's deeper questions.

In my quest for substance and solutions, I came up with this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJAbH4UdciM[/youtube]
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#535 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Feb 4, 2013 11:43 pm

Rest In Peace

This is being investigated as a double homicide, not a murder suicide.

http://www.dailypilot.com/ocnow/tn-dpt- ... 8867.story
Bye bye Beal.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,301

Post#536 » by dobrojim » Tue Feb 5, 2013 7:45 pm

kid brag warning/ Jacqui update

She got her first start in a Frosh or JV game Saturday - I was gone camping
and unfortunately missed it.

Last night her team played and they blew a sizable 4thQ lead losing in OT. Jacqui was not
in the game for most of the meltdown. But at the end when we needed a 3 pt shot
to tie, coach put her in the game and ran a play for her. The pass to her for her shot
was off target and she didn't force it giving the ball up. Proud moment for Poppa when
I could see coach putting her in and running a play for her even though it didn't work out.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#537 » by AFM » Tue Feb 5, 2013 8:12 pm

Okay, we'll give you Jan Vesely and a pick for her.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#538 » by montestewart » Tue Feb 5, 2013 11:28 pm

"World Peace Suspended One Game For Incident With Knight"

The way I heard it, Knight threw down the gauntlet, and World Peace failed to turn the other cheek. Still waiting for a World Peace-Love incident.
RealGM

Post#539 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Feb 8, 2013 3:24 pm

It turns out the man who murdered the couple above has totally lost his mind.

Her father was once chief of police and became an attorney. As an attorney, his client lost a case and was kicked off the police force. Years later, the man is a murderous time bomb. Just to cause pain to the father, he killed that man's daughter and her fiance. I have read nothing but good things about both. It is such a terrible story and it keeps getting worse.

Since killing that couple, the killer has ambushed three police (1 dead) and now the police are fearful--they have shot innocent people thinking they were the shooter.

http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-world ... en-without

TORRANCE -- A lawyer says two women delivering newspapers had no warning before they were mistakenly shot by Los Angeles police officers searching for triple murder suspect Christopher Dorner.
Investigators say 47-year-old Maggie Carranza and her 71-year-old mother Emma Hernandez were in a Toyota Tundra pickup truck similar to Dorner's vehicle.

Carranza had minor hand injuries. Hernandez is hospitalized with a gunshot wound in the back.

http://news.yahoo.com/la-police-shoot-i ... 53123.html

One FOOL is causing all this hurt. This will be all over the news but the problem is that there were be more loss of life because the guy is well trained, was a naval officer, and he feels justified doing whatever. He wants to take as many people with him as he can.

The only hope IMO for this to end peacefully is to appeal to the guy's ego and to find ANYONE from his past that can talk him down. It is like a real life Rambo scenario, only this man is mean, out of order, and needs to be stopped ASAP.

The worst part of this is every brother who looks like this guy better stay low because the police are shooting first out of fear. No, the worst part is the killer is just a sick man who is right there with James Holmes on the spectrum of evil.

The other story is the guy is out to make the police look bad and he is doing an exceedingly good job of that.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#540 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Feb 8, 2013 4:30 pm

The guy could be anywhere now and schools are closed near Big Bear.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-575 ... n-manhunt/

CBS News senior correspondent John Miller, a former top LAPD official, reports that Dorner cut off all his cell phones and other connections Jan. 31, indicating that he had spent time planning his alleged rampage

Though the focus is on the resort area, the search for Dorner, 33, stretches across California, Nevada, Arizona and northern Mexico. LAPD officers are especially on edge because Dorner, who was fired from the force in 2008 after three years on the job, promised in rambling writings to bring "warfare" to police and their families.

"We don't know what he's going to do," said Cindy Bachman, spokeswoman for the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, one of many law enforcement agencies whose primary purpose has become finding Dorner. "We know what he's capable of doing. And we need to find him."

This country has some people going totally insane. What in the world …?

What this really is is a guy trying to stroke his own ego through violence. He knows police protocols and everything he is doing to evade capture is designed to make everyone think he's so smart and they were so wrong for firing his crazy ass. No other way for me to put it.

I hope they catch him alive but I don't see any way that happens.

If I were to guess, since this guy planned this he has a bunker somewhere with rations in it. Dude probably watched First Blood 18 times. I bet he's probably in the mountains up high. He probably has communications equipment and is following the news reports. What is going to trip him up is his target list. He has done his worst damage by getting family members and police upset as well as all sorts of innocent people shot.

Since the guy actively wants to get revenge, my other thought would be that maybe he's taking people captive and staying in the LA region. He cannot lie low unless he gets shelter somewhere. I doubt this is what he's doing. If anything the guy is trying to go out like Rambo as some sort of survivalist.
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards