ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread XXII (2/6/13 - 4/1/13)

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Official Trade Thread XXII (2/6/13 - 4/1/13) 

Post#1 » by nate33 » Thu Feb 7, 2013 2:28 am

Continued from previous thread...
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Re: Official Trade Thread XXII (2/6/13 - present) 

Post#2 » by dangermouse » Thu Feb 7, 2013 2:38 am

someone proposed Vesely for Benny the Bull.

i think we'd have to throw in some future 2nds tbh.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
Deivy202
Senior
And1: 9

Post#3 » by Deivy202 » Thu Feb 7, 2013 3:27 am

Really nate.

Heres hoping josh smith come.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#4 » by gambitx777 » Thu Feb 7, 2013 3:55 am

well they might be trying to dump gibson, he will be getting around 8 mill for the next 4 years. maybe thats there goal. but other than that if tey want him i say we give him to them, as long as we dont take a loss, im fine with what ever we can get !
HeatNation88
Veteran
And1: 2,109

Post#5 » by HeatNation88 » Thu Feb 7, 2013 4:22 am

(EDIT) -- Respect the forum rules and don't troll other team's boards.

-miller

Pay Back is a B*tch

"Shine from the Darkness"

Formally known as "MiamiHeatFan6"
Deivy202
Senior

Post#6 » by Deivy202 » Thu Feb 7, 2013 5:28 am

gambitx777 wrote:well they might be trying to dump gibson, he will be getting around 8 mill for the next 4 years. maybe thats there goal. but other than that if tey want him i say we give him to them, as long as we dont take a loss, im fine with what ever we can get !

Im done with vesley.
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#7 » by truwizfan4evr » Thu Feb 7, 2013 5:55 am

Wizards keep winning and its killing are chances for a top 5 draft pick. We going to be medicore with a low draft pick.
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#8 » by gambitx777 » Thu Feb 7, 2013 6:30 am

rondo was picked in the 20's randolph was pick 19th, batum was picked 25, gil was a second rounder. you can can get good players late, you just have to pick right.
Deivy202
Senior

Post#9 » by Deivy202 » Thu Feb 7, 2013 7:48 am

How often do we pick right? Im inteerested in zach btw
sfam
Assistant Coach
And1: 548

Post#10 » by sfam » Thu Feb 7, 2013 12:17 pm

Deivy202 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:well they might be trying to dump gibson, he will be getting around 8 mill for the next 4 years. maybe thats there goal. but other than that if tey want him i say we give him to them, as long as we dont take a loss, im fine with what ever we can get !

Im done with vesley.

Vesely clearly has talent. The question is whether he has drive. To date, he hasn't. But its worth another year to find out if he gets it.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#11 » by nate33 » Thu Feb 7, 2013 1:17 pm

dangermouse wrote:someone proposed Vesely for Benny the Bull.

I'm sorry. Who is Benny the Bull? (I'm familiar with the Dora character, just not his NBA doppelganger.)
dangermouse
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by dangermouse » Thu Feb 7, 2013 1:57 pm

nate33 wrote:
dangermouse wrote:someone proposed Vesely for Benny the Bull.

I'm sorry. Who is Benny the Bull? (I'm familiar with the Dora character, just not his NBA doppelganger.)

Back to trade ideas:

The news is saying Duhwight has "taken notice" of the Rockets newfound success and improvement, and obviously James Harden. The ROFLakers have said they won't trade Supidman.

Now, I am horrible at maths. So please go easy. But the Rox won't have enough cap room to sign Dwight as a FA, do they? Not unless he takes a major pay cut ala the Heatles, right? Even then unlikely. I assume they are just going to let Royce White go. Theres an extra 1.7m or so, but that isnt enough.

Is there any way we can help out the Rox to clear a bit more cap? I wish we had a decently sized expiring. Shame we can't combine Shart's trade exception with another contract. I'd love to take Delfino and his 3m next year off their hands and them give us Patrick Patterson for our troubles. But alas, no expiring.

A bit weird, I guess, but.... and Trade Machine says yes....:
Ves and Webster to the Rox
We get Delfino and Patterson back

Webster expires, they can just let Vesely go in much the same way as they probably will for Royce, so they save that money. Has a trade like that ever happened? Has a team ever traded for a rookie deal just to deny the team option and save money? It seems kinda shonky.

I'd rather have PP than Ves. And while Webster has been a revelation, I think we can get by with Ariza and Singleton for now.

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 359

Post#13 » by Benjammin » Thu Feb 7, 2013 1:58 pm

truwizfan4evr wrote:Wizards keep winning and its killing are chances for a top 5 draft pick. We going to be medicore with a low draft pick.

Mediocre? Other than this recent "spurt", over the last several years this team doesn't sniff mediocre. I'm fully confident that mediocre is a bar that will be incredibly difficult for EFG to reach.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#14 » by GhostsOfGil » Thu Feb 7, 2013 3:02 pm

dangermouse, can you imagine how pissed lakers fans would be if Dwight signed with the Rockets? :lol:

* insert Michael Jackson popcorn gif x10000000 *
dangermouse
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by dangermouse » Thu Feb 7, 2013 3:40 pm

The way he and Kobe are clashing heads, I just can't see him signing a contract there at the moment. And that is just the top layer that we get to see through the media mouthpieces. Imagine how they really feel.

rl25g
Junior
And1: 30

Post#16 » by rl25g » Thu Feb 7, 2013 3:52 pm

kind of an unrealistic pipe dream trade.
It would piggy back off of CCJ's trade of

Ariza, Seraphin, Crawford, 2013* 1st (he had 2014)
for
Cousins, Thornton

I used the 2013 so i could use the 2015 in the next trade (i know everyone kill me !)

Bucks Trade: Illyasova, Gooden, Harris
Bucks Receive: Nene, 2015 First

The Bucks biggest need is interior scoring. If Nene can play off their guards the way he is starting to play off of Wall, the Bucks could be scary. Illyasova is on a 5 year deal, while Gooden is on a 3 year deal, so it is cap neutral for them. Sacrifice Harris for the 2015 first

Bulls Trade: Hinrich
Bulls Receive: Vesely, Price

Just going off of a rumor. If the Bulls really did want Vesely, they don't have another contract to match up with, and with Rose coming back, I can see them rolling the dice w/ trading Hinrich. FWIW, I think Thibs can get a lot of Ves.

Portland Trades: Batum, Freeland, Babbitt
Portland Receives: Okafor, Webster, Harris, Hinrich

If Portland really wants to compete in the West, they need Depth ! Webster is not as good as Batum, but has been shooting lights out, and can do a lot of the things Batum can for less money. Okafor pushes Hickson to the bench, where Hickson can be the primary sub at the 4/5 position, still getting plenty of minutes. Hinrich would be a great help for Lilliard developmental wise, and would help w/ the second unit. Harris has tons of offensive potential to be their future "3" amd play meaningful minutes right away off their bench.

Wiz Trade: Nene, Okafor, Webster, Vesely, Price Rights to Satornasky, 2015 First
Wiz Receive: Illyasova, Gooden, Batum, Freeland

After CCJ's trade our lineup would be

Cousins/Gooden
Illyasova/Freeland/Booker
Batum/Singleton
Beal/Thornton/Martin
Wall/Temple

We might have some cap problems for one year, but other than that we would be good. Our starting 5 offensively would be great, and could play off each other nicely. This is a team that is built around Wall, and still has a lot of defensive potential. In the off-season, we would have to add a backup pg, but for the most part, everyone on our team would be under our control for another two years after Cousins and Wall are extended. I would want to see what they can do under that time span. Like I said, pipe dream, but I really like the final lineup and wanted to share.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#17 » by nate33 » Thu Feb 7, 2013 3:59 pm

We aren't giving up enough for Cousins, and we are giving up too much for Ilyasova. At the very least, I'd switch the picks so SAC gets the 2013 lotto pick and MIL gets the 2015 mid round pick.

But overall, I'm really leering of sacrificing all those future first for guys who are not sure fire stars. It's one thing to give up a ton of firsts for guys like Webber, Lebron, etc. (as has been done in the past) but not for the likes of Cousins and Ilyasova.
rl25g
Junior
And1: 30

Post#18 » by rl25g » Thu Feb 7, 2013 4:07 pm

thanks for the feedback nate. i really was torn on whcih pick goes where, but that makes sense (gonna edit now)
I think there are some who would definitely trade a 1st for Cousins, and I am in that group.

OTOH, in the second trade we give up another 1st for Illyasova and Batum. I would do that.
Deivy202
Senior

Post#19 » by Deivy202 » Thu Feb 7, 2013 4:32 pm

we should get granger.
popper
Veteran
And1: 361

Post#20 » by popper » Thu Feb 7, 2013 6:22 pm

Would it be realistic to expect that we could package Vesely and Crawford for a mid round first? If so, shouldn't we do it?

Return to Washington Wizards