ImageImage

OT: Milwaukee Restaurant/Food/Beer/Entertainment Discussion

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#341 » by Badgerlander » Fri Feb 1, 2013 2:48 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Anyone with any recommendations for a good lunch spot in Brookfield? I have some friends driving in from Madison and we've agreed to meet up in Brookfield on Sunday.

I live in Brookfield and it sucks for food really unless you like chains, but these places aren't bad.

http://northstarbistro.com/
http://www.mrbssteakhouse.com/
http://www.cafeone24.com/
http://jakesburger.com/

I heard that there is a place on calhoun I think that has a huge beer selection but I can't remember the name of the place and I haven't had the chance to check it out, anyone know of it?
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#342 » by humanrefutation » Fri Feb 1, 2013 3:11 pm

DocHoliday wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:Anyone with any recommendations for a good lunch spot in Brookfield? I have some friends driving in from Madison and we've agreed to meet up in Brookfield on Sunday.

I live in Brookfield and it sucks for food really unless you like chains, but these places aren't bad.

http://northstarbistro.com/
http://www.mrbssteakhouse.com/
http://www.cafeone24.com/
http://jakesburger.com/

I heard that there is a place on calhoun I think that has a huge beer selection but I can't remember the name of the place and I haven't had the chance to check it out, anyone know of it?

Cafe One is closed on Sunday, and Mr. B's is closed for lunch and is a little out of our price range. :)

North Star Bistro definitely looks interesting, though. Thanks for sharing.

chuckleslove wrote:I've heard the one in Delafield is better, I like Marty's but it is just okay to me. A must have in Brookfield is Kopps for burger/custard. Marty's wouldn't be the worst thing you could do though, I really do like their mostaccioli with Italian sausage and add the mozzarella, they put about half an inch of solid melted cheese on top and it is a really delicious high quality mozzarella.

I think I'm just going to toss out Marty's as one of the options to see if they're interested. Might also throw out North Star Bistro and Original Pancake House (lots of different food options). Maybe Olive Garden if they're feeling like a chain.

We were definitely thinking of hitting up Kopps for custard after lunch. I've generally been partial to Leon's in the Milwaukee area custard wars, but Kopps is not a bad place, either. Those flavors look appetizing.
ekpecNurollduh
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#343 » by ekpecNurollduh » Fri Feb 1, 2013 3:17 pm

Cafe Manna is delicious too, but all vegetarian fyi. On corner of Capital and Brookfield road.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#344 » by humanrefutation » Fri Feb 1, 2013 3:22 pm

ekpecNurollduh wrote:Cafe Manna is delicious too, but all vegetarian fyi. On corner of Capital and Brookfield road.

That was one of my options until I saw they're closed on Sunday. :-?
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#345 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Feb 1, 2013 3:32 pm

stellation wrote:I have to say that you American fatties cats can brew a mean beer.

Jez2983 wrote:You Wisconsinites don't know how good you have it as well. $20+ for a decent craft brew 6-er. Some of the imported bombers are $20+ each. These days it's basically a 1:1 conversion Au:US as well...

My cousin just got back to the states after teaching in China for the last year and brought her English boyfriend to meet the family. He couldn't get over how many microbreweries were in the US. He went on and on about how spoiled we were. I guess I just assumed that everyone loved beer as much as Americans. Wisconsinites are a whole different breed altogether. Beer for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. Even if you order a non-beer drink with your brunch, like a bloodymary, your server will bring a "shorty," "beer chaser" or "sidecar" with it.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#346 » by Badgerlander » Fri Feb 1, 2013 5:53 pm

humanrefutation wrote:I think I'm just going to toss out Marty's as one of the options to see if they're interested. Might also throw out North Star Bistro and Original Pancake House (lots of different food options). Maybe Olive Garden if they're feeling like a chain.

We were definitely thinking of hitting up Kopps for custard after lunch. I've generally been partial to Leon's in the Milwaukee area custard wars, but Kopps is not a bad place, either. Those flavors look appetizing.

You might want to hit up the Delafield Brewhaus and then Le Duc's

http://www.delafield-brewhaus.com/default.html
http://www.leducscustard.com/

Spoiler:

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#347 » by crkone » Fri Feb 1, 2013 6:17 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
ekpecNurollduh wrote:Cafe Manna is delicious too, but all vegetarian fyi. On corner of Capital and Brookfield road.

How about 8 Twelve? Open 11-2 and 4-9 on Sundays.

http://www.8-twelve.com/

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#348 » by Badgerlander » Fri Feb 1, 2013 6:26 pm

good call, keep forgetting about that place

Spoiler:

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#349 » by humanrefutation » Fri Feb 1, 2013 8:34 pm

crkone wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

How about 8 Twelve? Open 11-2 and 4-9 on Sundays.

http://www.8-twelve.com/

That's an interesting option that I've always wanted to check out. I'll toss it out there for them too. Thanks! :D
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,887

Post#350 » by BUCKnation » Fri Feb 1, 2013 9:22 pm

I second Kopps, especially for some custard when you are done like you were thinking.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,110

Post#351 » by LittleRooster » Tue Feb 5, 2013 3:38 am

I'm going to be heading to Madison Wednesday night with a buddy to watch the Badgers/Iowa game and was going to stop at Salvatore's because everyone here raved about it.

Do I need reservations (assuming they take them)? We'll probably be getting there around 5:30-6. I would also like to take some pizza home and have my dad try it, since food is his life :P Does anyone know if the pizza reheats well or if they would do a par-bake type thing? Just trying to find a way for him to try it without the obvious of driving up there.

Thanks in advance.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#352 » by Ill-yasova » Tue Feb 5, 2013 3:58 am

LittleRooster wrote:I'm going to be heading to Madison Wednesday night with a buddy to watch the Badgers/Iowa game and was going to stop at Salvatore's because everyone here raved about it.

Do I need reservations (assuming they take them)? We'll probably be getting there around 5:30-6. I would also like to take some pizza home and have my dad try it, since food is his life :P Does anyone know if the pizza reheats well or if they would do a par-bake type thing? Just trying to find a way for him to try it without the obvious of driving up there.

Thanks in advance.

Fair warning. It's not actually in Madison, It's in Sun Prairie which is about 10 minutes from the east side of Madison. If you are driving from Milwaukee it's actually somewhat on the way to Madison. I'm not sure about reservations, but it couldn't hurt to call and ask. It has a very small seating area (like 40 people or so) and it's just about always packed, but the wait is never very long. The pizza is awesome even after reheating. I have a toaster oven that I reheat it in and it tastes damn near as good as new every time.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,887

Post#353 » by BUCKnation » Tue Feb 5, 2013 4:03 am

I visit family in Madison a lot. I'm definitely going to bring it up the next time I go.
LittleRooster
General Manager

Post#354 » by LittleRooster » Tue Feb 5, 2013 4:15 am

Thanks! We are driving from Milwaukee so I'm glad to hear Sun Praire's on the way.

And glad to hear about the reheating process. If it's as good as you guys say, no pressure, maybe ill bring a whole one back for myself :)
LittleRooster
General Manager

Post#355 » by LittleRooster » Fri Feb 8, 2013 5:18 am

So, was at Salvatore's last night and got their basic pizza with sausage and it was one of the best pizzas I have ever had!

I fell in love with the sauce, which reminded me of a place called Botolino's (sp?) that used to be on Downer across from UWM but closed. And the crust was perfect as I'm not a thin crust guy. The sausage was also some of the best I've ever had, so so tasty!
dedned
Analyst
And1: 1,330

Post#356 » by dedned » Fri Feb 8, 2013 5:24 am

LittleRooster wrote:So, was at Salvatore's last night and got their basic pizza with sausage and it was one of the best pizzas I have ever had!

I fell in love with the sauce, which reminded me of a place called Botolino's (sp?) that used to be on Downer across from UWM but closed. And the crust was perfect as I'm not a thin crust guy. The sausage was also some of the best I've ever had, so so tasty!

If it's not thin crust gtfo.
Ill-yasova
RealGM

Post#357 » by Ill-yasova » Fri Feb 8, 2013 5:49 am

LittleRooster wrote:So, was at Salvatore's last night and got their basic pizza with sausage and it was one of the best pizzas I have ever had!

That's awesome to hear you liked it. If I can enrich one person's life with Salvatore's pizza I feel like I've made the world a better place.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#358 » by stellation » Sat Feb 9, 2013 9:33 am

Drinking Sierra Nevada Pale Ale right now. Well played, tubby bitches. Well played.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Ill-yasova
RealGM

Post#359 » by Ill-yasova » Sat Feb 9, 2013 11:45 pm

stellation wrote:Drinking Sierra Nevada Pale Ale right now. Well played, tubby bitches. Well played.

:lol: I'm not even sure what that means, but it's funny.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#360 » by crkone » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:27 am

Anyone have the untappd app? I just started using it. It lets you checkin the beers you're drinking and where you're drinking them. Let's you rate them and comment too. I decided to just do one checkin per beer to have a nice clean list. Friend me if you want by looking for my Twitter. Same as screen name.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |

Return to Milwaukee Bucks