Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,503

Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#961 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 8, 2013 6:06 am

I've got a 2k13 question...

Anyone else have trouble balancing having realistic statistics with having realistic scores? For example, in 5 minute quarters, I have realistic stats, but my scores are in the 70s. If I up that to 7 or 8 minute quarters for normal scores, I get Rubio averaging about 15 assists a game.

Anyone else?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#962 » by Mattya » Fri Feb 8, 2013 6:29 am

Klomp wrote:I've got a 2k13 question...

Anyone else have trouble balancing having realistic statistics with having realistic scores? For example, in 5 minute quarters, I have realistic stats, but my scores are in the 70s. If I up that to 7 or 8 minute quarters for normal scores, I get Rubio averaging about 15 assists a game.

Anyone else?

I would guess you could probably up your minutes to 7 minutes, but I think the Rubio thing is kind of just your preference to use him.

or maybe the game just knows how good Rubio is.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#963 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 8, 2013 6:36 am

Mattya wrote:I would guess you could probably up your minutes to 7 minutes, but I think the Rubio thing is kind of just your preference to use him.

That's very possible, especially since this is in CAL mode with Ricky. BTW last game I ended up with 4/4/18 with him.

The 2k13 Wolves hit almost everything they take from the perimeter.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#964 » by Mattya » Fri Feb 8, 2013 6:52 am

Klomp wrote:
Mattya wrote:I would guess you could probably up your minutes to 7 minutes, but I think the Rubio thing is kind of just your preference to use him.

That's very possible, especially since this is in CAL mode with Ricky. BTW last game I ended up with 4/4/18 with him.

The 2k13 Wolves hit almost everything they take from the perimeter.

ughhh.... if only that were true. I need to start playing 2k again.

Been playing lots of Black Ops 2. Can't wait for the new maps to hit PS3.

Anyone here play the new DMC? I really want to play it and its not at red box. I might pick it up from Gamestop used.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,100

Post#965 » by Calinks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:31 am

You guys see the playstation 4 stuff? Cant wait to see what 2K will look like.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#966 » by [RCG] » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:41 am

Anyone else?

Yeah I usually play a min of 6 minute quarters, 8 is the best IMO. and Rubio just beasts, especially after a season where you can upgrade his perimeter shooting.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#967 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:25 am

I started a Create a Legend with LeBron. Recently had a 20/10/10 (asts/pts/reb) night. Followed it up with a 19 pt/19 ast night. 8 minute quarters

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#968 » by Calinks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:12 am

Pffft. I can get that with my center easily. He's the best passing big man in NBA history.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#969 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:47 pm

Calinks wrote:You guys see the playstation 4 stuff? Cant wait to see what 2K will look like.

I can't wait to see the Xbox 720 and all the inventive jury rigging people think of to solve the myriad of design flaws it will have.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#970 » by Calinks » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:56 pm

I think it will just blow up in your face when you open the new xbox. Will re-open the discussion on video game violence.

So I went back to my original My player and have been playing it hard for the last few months. I don't know if I mentioned it here but I added a new twist to My Player this year, I created a rival and put him on another team. In my head they have a small back story where they were rivals in HS, and in the Big Ten. My center is offensive while my rival is a defensive lock down beast.

I put him on the Trailblazers as they are in our division and seemed like the best fit. Anyway, he averages something like 6 points, 10 boards, and 3 blocks on the season. The wolves finish 2nd in the west. We would probably be first but I upped the difficulty as we were winning 90 percent of our games.

Playoffs start and I am geared up to give Minnesota fans a series win. What made it even more awesome was that Portland was the 7th seed so my plan for enjoying the rivalry had worked out flawlessly. Game one we kicking their monkey asses, up by 20 at one point. I wasn't looking to score much because I made my rival a defensive nightmare but he wasn't holding me back too badly.

4th quarter comes and I swear to you, Damien Lillard became other worldly. He starts penetrating and hitting this super quick floater that is just impossible for my teammates to defend. Then the Blazers start causing all these turnovers. In the last minuite they tie the game. We can't do a damn thing, Lillard gets the go ahead bucket and we miss ours. Game over, we lose. I'm pissed. Complete collapse.

I decide to get playing to wipe the bad taste out of my mouth. Game 2 we are down almost the whole time, we come back at the end but Portland out clutches us and my rival blocks my potential game winner. 0-2. I rip my teammates in the post game because they were allowing them to shoot SEVENTY PERCENT FROM THREE! I even had a triple double. Nobody could step up and score and we cant hit threes for nothing out side of Love.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#971 » by Calinks » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Game 3. We get completely blown the hell out. I was more aggressive. We never got close and again the Blazers killed us from three. Mathews, Batum, Lillard, random fools. I tired changing the D up and it didn't help much. We couldn't respond. I am so sick of Brandon Roy, I want him off the team so bad because he doesn't do a damn thing, Basically our wings and guards just could not compete at all.

Game 4, elimination game, we are about to get swept and we are one of the best teams in the league. I go HAM and play much more selfishly. I go off for 43 and we win a close game. I start to feel good as we were in control the whole time.

Game 5, we get our asses kicked again. This time my rival really brings the defense. I struggle, Love does his thing but that's it. Everybody else sucks. Pek gets no minutes because I am starting. We get eliminated embarrassed because we got dominated by a low seed. The rivalry is officially on full blast.

Summer comes my GM asks me what free agents I want to bring in. I start licking my jobs. He gives me the list and it's the biggest assortment of absolute trash I have ever seen. I can't even pick 5 players I think would be suitable. I pick one guy, Michael Redd and I didn't even want him really, I just asked for him in hopes that he can hit a three. I then tell the GM in two different conversations I want Roy off this damn team. He tells me that they will def do something about it.

Season starts. Roy is starting and we didn't even get Redd. We have no new additions, and Pek is gone. I look to see where he wound up and he signed with the freaking Nuggets and he COMES OFF THE BENCH. What! Why would he sign a huge contract to come off the bench? Even worse, I looked at the Blazers who are now number one in the power rankings this season. They have Dwight Howard starting for them.....

So now this awesome rivalry I have built up is pretty much dead because my awesome rival is stuck behind Dwight. It makes no damn sense for them to sign Dwight as this guy is already a young beast but that's 2K for ya! They really need to let us customize My player like association. This crap just doesn't make sense. Two top center backing up others.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#972 » by Calinks » Sat Mar 2, 2013 3:32 am

I can't get Roy off this team. We arent going nowhere with this dude.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#973 » by Calinks » Sat Mar 9, 2013 8:56 pm

2K screws me again. GM asked me what players I would like to trade for. I selected some good SG''s. Now the hope was they would package D-Will and if they had to, Rubio, to bring someone in. Instead they ship off Love for Eric Gordon. I knew something like that could happen though so I made a back up copy of my save on the cloud. For some dumbass reason the cloud save is sync with and updates the regular save. So now Love is going to get shipped off and there is nothing I can do.

In 2k14 they should also ask you to designate one or two untouchable players, or at the least present you with the trade they are thinking of and give you veto power.
jfg
Junior
And1: 45

Post#974 » by jfg » Sat Mar 9, 2013 10:19 pm

Anyone else?

Have you ever tried slider sets from users on operationsports.com? There's one in particular that is really good this year from mkharsh... he has two and I like the one for inexperienced players even though I'm somewhat experienced with the 2K series. I get really good games, normal scores, good statlines, both teams shooting between 40-50% from the field. I play 10 minute quarters, 8-9 though might still get good results.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#975 » by Calinks » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:26 pm

So after a few days of being heartbroken over losing Love, I decided I don't want to play unless both he and I are on the wolves (in the future 2K give us veto power and or the ability to customize certain elements). I figured there is only one way I can reunite us. I have to get to traded to the hornets for him and then try and get traded back for someone else.

I marched into the office and demanded a trade to the hornets. After a bit I was traded to the Thunder for Durant *SMH*. Now we are passed the trade deadline. I will tank the season (by fouling out of all my key games which takes time because 2K did not add the ability to let us sim all games) and in the off season hopefully be able to get a trade going. I will have to keep demanding a trade from the wolves to the hornets in hopes of getting Love to come back. This good be a while and who knows what the roster will look like when its all said and done.

Worst of all, from day one all I wanted to do was trade Roy away from an upgraded 2 and Roy is STILL on the wolves.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#976 » by Grits n Gravy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:45 pm

Calinks wrote:So after a few days of being heartbroken over losing Love, I decided I don't want to play unless both he and I are on the wolves (in the future 2K give us veto power and or the ability to customize certain elements). I figured there is only one way I can reunite us. I have to get to traded to the hornets for him and then try and get traded back for someone else.

I marched into the office and demanded a trade to the hornets. After a bit I was traded to the Thunder for Durant *SMH*. Now we are passed the trade deadline. I will tank the season (by fouling out of all my key games which takes time because 2K did not add the ability to let us sim all games) and in the off season hopefully be able to get a trade going. I will have to keep demanding a trade from the wolves to the hornets in hopes of getting Love to come back. This good be a while and who knows what the roster will look like when its all said and done.

Worst of all, from day one all I wanted to do was trade Roy away from an upgraded 2 and Roy is STILL on the wolves.

i used to manipulate it a lot in previous 2k's....i would demand a trade, get traded, then lower my attributes way down(so obviously my trade value goes down) and demand a trade back then add my attributes back up....you lose quite a significant amount of points but it's worth it to have decent team mates sometimes.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#977 » by Calinks » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:51 pm

Thats smart thinking but I am pretty sure you can't lower your attributes anymore :(
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#978 » by Calinks » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:57 pm

Oh helllll no!

Demarcus Cousins also won defensive player of the year. :o
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#979 » by Grits n Gravy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:57 pm

Calinks wrote:Thats smart thinking but I am pretty sure you can't lower your attributes anymore :(

oh dam...i haven't played 2k13 in so long i couldn't remember. maybe you should go back go back before you demanded the trade and wait out until free agency.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#980 » by Calinks » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:05 am

Grits n Gravy wrote:
Calinks wrote:Thats smart thinking but I am pretty sure you can't lower your attributes anymore :(

oh dam...i haven't played 2k13 in so long i couldn't remember. maybe you should go back go back before you demanded the trade and wait out until free agency.

Tried it, the game auto saves everything and you can't go back, I even saved a back up from the cloud to try and load it if something went wrong and the game auto syncs all your save files, it's messed up.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves