ImageImageImage

Wolves In The News

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Re: Wolves In The News 

Post#441 » by [RCG] » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:23 pm

Being shopped heavily is never good. The only team I see slipping out of the playoffs is Houston and I think Lakers will take their place so I'd rather not play for "first team out" land #14 and have to ship it to Phoenix which, with our luck, is what will happen.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#442 » by theGreatRC » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:16 pm

I know i'm getting annoying on this board with this Lee stuff, but DAMN...at least give me some type of info that we're actually interested in this guy or something...****.

I wonder what Kahn is doing as I speak..
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#443 » by [RCG] » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:45 pm

theGreatRC wrote:I know i'm getting annoying on this board with this Lee stuff, but DAMN...at least give me some type of info that we're actually interested in this guy or something...****.

Nothing...
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#444 » by theGreatRC » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:08 pm

Zgoda just had an hour long live Q&A with the fans...He answered the dumbest questions that didn't produce any new info for someone who is a writer and actually gets to talk to people within the organization..
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,567

Post#445 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:59 pm

theGreatRC wrote:Zgoda just had an hour long live Q&A with the fans...He answered the dumbest questions that didn't produce any new info for someone who is a writer and actually gets to talk to people within the organization..

And he was wrong on some of his info, like the terms of the pick we owe Phoenix. I just told him that on Twitter

"@joshvanklomp: @JerryZgoda I read your chat. I think you're off on the pick we owe PHX. If we have MEM pick (and we will) PHX gets the worse of the 2 picks"

to which he responded
“@JerryZgoda: @joshvanklomp yes, you're right. I hadn't refreshed my memory on that in a while...”

Pretty sad when the rubes have to correct the professionals.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#446 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:17 pm

At least he admitted his error. Zgoda's an ok guy. Also he looks like Elton John.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#447 » by Basti » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:57 pm

[RCG] wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:I know i'm getting annoying on this board with this Lee stuff, but DAMN...at least give me some type of info that we're actually interested in this guy or something...****.

Nothing...

Really? If there's one thing Kahn is very good at is working hard on possible transactions. I'm 100% certain that he's spending much time on the phone right now. He's trying to work out something. But as it was said in that tweet from the other day, it's difficult to pull out a trade when every other GM in this league knows you're forced to do something. And I'd rather do nothing than trade away our few assets for less than they're worth.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#448 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:38 pm

“@JWFOCKE: #Twolves Kahn-Whatever we do to address the now it can't be at the detriment of the beyond has to be sensible for now & the future.”

“@JWFOCKE: #Twolves Kahn-We have 20 losses & 7/8 teams have 19, we haven't played as many gms now you can't make up losses but can claw back with wins”

“@APkrawczynski: Kahn said the idea that Wolves are aggressively shopping players to make a move quickly is "beyond the reality."”

“@APkrawczynski: Kahn says injuries and it still being weeks away from trade deadline make it difficult to make a big move now.”
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#449 » by Basti » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:06 pm

Even without injuries we desperately need a true shooting guard and a decent back up center. I hope Kahn is working the phones to at least one of both. Getting both would probably cost too much.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#450 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 8, 2013 5:48 am

They also should have made a money-back guarantee if they failed to make a trade by the Feb. 21 deadline. They Wolves are certainly having enough dialogue with other teams that something should come to fruition.

However, owner Glen Taylor said Thursday evening that talks are "slow-going."

Taylor, who just got home Wednesday afternoon from an educational trip to Israel, said the Wolves were never heavily in on the Rudy Gay trade discussions. Gay was moved to Toronto in a three-team deal last week.

Long-time NBA reporter Chris Sheridan is reporting the Wolves are expected to move guard Luke Ridnour. Utah likes Ridnour, according to a source. But a separate source said the Jazz are not willing to deal guards Alec Burks and Raja Bell for Ridnour. In fact, Burks is off-limits in the discussions involving Ridnour.

The most logical scenario involves Utah sacrificing the worse of its two first-round picks in the June draft -- the Jazz also owns Golden State's selection -- and Bell for Ridnour. Bell has an expiring contract.

The Wolves don't appear to be involved in any blockbuster trade talks.

As for whether the Wolves could move guard Brandon Roy's contract, Taylor didn't rule it out. He also confirmed that Wolves president of basketball operations David Kahn has engaged Roy's agent, Greg Lawrence, in buyout talks.

When asked for comment via e-mail, Kahn said, "I think I was pretty clear when I spoke to the media back in late December that I was clear with Brandon that every option was on the table and would be discussed."

A source said Roy was asked if he was ready to retire again because of continuing issues he has had with his knees. Roy wasn't willing to call it quits, especially since he would have had to sacrifice the balance of his contract. A buyout was then proposed, which so far has been rejected.

Lawrence, reached via e-mail, denied these details when asked.

Scoop Central

• The Wolves are talking with forward Chris Johnson about a contract that keeps him around through the 2013-2014 season. His 10-day contract expires Friday.

• Look for wing Mikael Gelabale to stick with the Wolves for the rest of the season.

• Wolves forward Lou Amundson still seems to be the odd man out when they need to get the roster down to 15 players.

• Kahn was asked about his interest in free-agent big man Josh Harrellson recently, but he's passing.

• Gary Moore, the advisor for 37-year-old free agent guard Allen Iverson, has called a few teams, but not the Wolves. They are like every other team: not interested.

http://m.1500espn.com/pages/sportswire. ... ches020713

Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#451 » by Grits n Gravy » Fri Feb 8, 2013 2:20 pm

Basti wrote:Even without injuries we desperately need a true shooting guard and a decent back up center. I hope Kahn is working the phones to at least one of both. Getting both would probably cost too much.

i'm so pissed rick hasn't been giving CJ any burn.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#452 » by C.lupus » Fri Feb 8, 2013 2:40 pm

Why would they buyout Roy if he's expiring?
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,467

Post#453 » by Worm Guts » Fri Feb 8, 2013 2:45 pm

To open up a roster spot.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#454 » by C.lupus » Fri Feb 8, 2013 2:49 pm

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buyout Amundson? Or trade him for a protected 2nd rounder?
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,467

Post#455 » by Worm Guts » Fri Feb 8, 2013 3:02 pm

C.lupus wrote:Wouldn't it be cheaper to buyout Amundson? Or trade him for a protected 2nd rounder?

No, because we're paying Roy to not play whether we buy him out or not. Buying out Amundson just makes it 2 players we're paying to not play.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#456 » by C.lupus » Fri Feb 8, 2013 3:13 pm

Well one could argue that they are paying both players to not play right now. :wink:
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#457 » by [RCG] » Fri Feb 8, 2013 3:20 pm

C.lupus wrote:Well one could argue that they are paying both players to not play right now. :wink:

Exactly.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#458 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 8, 2013 4:51 pm

But Amundson at least has a chance to play

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#459 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 8, 2013 5:20 pm

“@Twolves_PR: Kahn expects Chase Budinger to be back in March; doesn't anticipate it being in early March, though.”

kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#460 » by kmgarnett21 » Fri Feb 8, 2013 6:46 pm

So we'll get Bud and Love back around the same time? It'll be nice to see the last few weeks of the season with the entire squad together (HOPEFULLY), even if we are out of the playoff hunt. Hopefully it'll give us some hope and something to look forward to next season.

The Roy signing was a huge mistake. Enormous fail.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves