ImageImageImage

Wolves In The News

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Re: Wolves In The News 

Post#461 » by Murphs56 » Fri Feb 8, 2013 11:03 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:So we'll get Bud and Love back around the same time? It'll be nice to see the last few weeks of the season with the entire squad together (HOPEFULLY), even if we are out of the playoff hunt. Hopefully it'll give us some hope and something to look forward to next season.

The Roy signing was a huge mistake. Enormous fail.

Could have tried to sign OJ Mayo instead on a nice 2 year deal but noooooooo, we didn't even make an attempt.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#462 » by Krapinsky » Fri Feb 8, 2013 11:20 pm

You would have to waive Amundson. If you can buyout Roy for less than his contract than Taylor saves $$.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,569

Post#463 » by Klomp » Sat Feb 9, 2013 4:35 am

Murphs56 wrote:Could have tried to sign OJ Mayo instead on a nice 2 year deal but noooooooo, we didn't even make an attempt.

Unless you are a member of the front office, you have no way of knowing this
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Murphs56
Lead Assistant

Post#464 » by Murphs56 » Sat Feb 9, 2013 4:38 am

Klomp wrote:
Murphs56 wrote:Could have tried to sign OJ Mayo instead on a nice 2 year deal but noooooooo, we didn't even make an attempt.

From all the reports that I read of people that cover the Wolves, they did not make any serious offer for Mayo or even a very valid attempt
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#465 » by Klomp » Sat Feb 9, 2013 4:44 am

Murphs56 wrote:
Klomp wrote:

From all the reports that I read of people that cover the Wolves, they did not make any serious offer for Mayo or even a very valid attempt

Serious offer in whose eyes though? When free agency started, the reports were that he was looking for 8-10m a year I believe, which was well over what he deserved at that point. That's why he didn't sign until later in free agency.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

jade_hippo
Starter
And1: 135

Post#466 » by jade_hippo » Sat Feb 9, 2013 5:13 am

at the time of his signing, just about everyone saw Mayo as a questionable 3pt shooter who was very much not a PG, hardly played defense and may or may not have had a bad attitude. I may be over simplifying this, but boy was a chucker with question marks.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#467 » by Grits n Gravy » Sat Feb 9, 2013 5:17 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aa36nbc
5. Pau Gasol, Lakers
Contract: $19M this season, $19.3M in 2013-14

The deal: Trade Machine

Gasol
The Lakers simply don't have any options left to salvage their season. Yes, the price tag on a 32-year-old injured center with $38 million remaining on his contract might be only slightly north of "free," but this is their only hope at this point. That is, if we truly believe that Dwight Howard is off the market.

The smart thing for the Lakers might be to just ride it out and re-evaluate in the offseason, but if they want to get something for Gasol, time is running out. Minnesota could be an intriguing trade partner if the Lakers are willing to absorb Brandon Roy to get Derrick Williams -- not to mention it would make Ricky Rubio and Gasol NBA teammates at last.

my god why am i an insider? definitely not resubbing...their writers are absolute hacks and seemingly know absolutely NOTHING about the nba. yeah cause brandon roy's remaining probably 2.5 million is gonna give the lakers HUGE reservations about shipping out injured, old 30+ million earning pau gasol SMFH :nonono: .

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/ ... -contracts
Murphs56
Lead Assistant

Post#468 » by Murphs56 » Sat Feb 9, 2013 7:05 am

jade_hippo wrote:at the time of his signing, just about everyone saw Mayo as a questionable 3pt shooter who was very much not a PG, hardly played defense and may or may not have had a bad attitude. I may be over simplifying this, but boy was a chucker with question marks.

And Roy was?.....
jade_hippo
Starter
And1: 135

Post#469 » by jade_hippo » Sat Feb 9, 2013 8:28 am

Murphs56 wrote:
jade_hippo wrote:at the time of his signing, just about everyone saw Mayo as a questionable 3pt shooter who was very much not a PG, hardly played defense and may or may not have had a bad attitude. I may be over simplifying this, but boy was a chucker with question marks.

And Roy was?.....

a bigger risk, but possible bigger reward and asking half the price
Murphs56
Lead Assistant

Post#470 » by Murphs56 » Sat Feb 9, 2013 8:59 am

jade_hippo wrote:
Murphs56 wrote:

And Roy was?.....

a bigger risk, but possible bigger reward and asking half the price

Roy's contract was 2 years 10 million. OJ Mayo's was 2 years $8.5 million
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#471 » by Klomp » Sat Feb 9, 2013 9:01 am

Murphs56 wrote:Roy's contract was 2 years 10 million. OJ Mayo's was 2 years $8.5 million

Mayo wasn't initially asking for that. Like I said, he was looking for 8-10m a year.

The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#472 » by The J Rocka » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:16 am

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson

I'm sure Kahn is talking trade w/ lots of teams, but one for sure according to two league people: the #Knicks. Not sure of any particulars.

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson

That's who I think. #Twolves made him an offer in the summer. He chose NY instead. RT ‏@SportingGoose @DarrenWolfson Ronnie Brewer possibly?
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#473 » by Mattya » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:58 am

Would be stoked if we offered a package for Shumpert.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#474 » by AQuintus » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:15 am

I wouldn't be overly excited about either Brewer or Shumpert right now. So far this year, they both have fewer points than field goal attempts, and neither has gotten to the line at a very good rate. Shumpert, at least, has been making his 3s (41% with nearly half of his attempts being 3s), but he's been bad inside the 3 point line 33.8 FG%. He's got the ACL excuse like Rubio does, though. Brewer, on the other hand, has no excuse for his 36.8 FG% and 31 3pt% (again, almost half of his attempts have been 3s), and he has even less of an excuse for shooting 41% from the free throw line.

I wouldn't say no to either as long as they come relatively cheap (Stiemsma or Ridnour) since they'd both help our D quite a bit, but neither will help our poor shooting, which is the team's biggest problem right now.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#475 » by Mattya » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:18 am

I would guess it is a simple Amundson for Brewer swap.
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#476 » by Tirion » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:19 am

Why would you want Ronnie? He clearly doesn't want to be here, to the point that he left a sizable sum of money on the table.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#477 » by AQuintus » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:20 am

Mattya wrote:I would guess it is a simple Amundson for Brewer swap.

Amundson's already been released.

Also, I don't remember, but could we have even gone after Mayo this offseason? I thought he signed while we were still in pursuit of Batum and thus had all of our cap space tied up. Roy was only signed after that was all cleared up and Mayo was no longer available (again fuzzy on this, so I could easily be wrong).

Edit:

Tirion wrote:Why would you want Ronnie? He clearly doesn't want to be here, to the point that he left a sizable sum of money on the table.

I really don't get this, either. It would make sense if Brewer was tearing it up in New York but not getting any playing time due to all their other talent on the wings, but he hasn't been tearing it up. He's been playing like crap.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#478 » by Mattya » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:25 am

Totally forgot he got released, man I have gone full tank mode. Have not even paid attention lately.

Well here is to hoping we make a move for Shumpert.
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#479 » by NikolaPekovic » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:04 am

shumpert could def be that starting two guard. while alexey comes off the bench
Murphs56
Lead Assistant

Post#480 » by Murphs56 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:20 am

Brewer would certainly be an upgrade defensively as he could help AK in guarding the wings but offensively he's atrocious and just adds to the team's misery

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves