ImageImageImageImageImage

Kool-Aid Drinking, Season Turnaround Thread

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Re: Kool-Aid Drinking, Season Turnaround Thread 

Post#181 » by mohammed10 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:12 am

Currently down at the half in Philly. Scored 39 pts in the HALF (11 pts in the 2nd Q)

So, apparently the Kool-Aid is not flowing as much/well as it used to...either that, or it's the Jim Jones flavor
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#182 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:06 am

Bye bye Beal.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,699

Post#183 » by montestewart » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:41 am

The Bulls once had a 72-10 record. The Wizards only have to do that for half a season to get good seed and maybe avoid the Heat until the ECF. When Beal returns healthy, they'll be ready to make their run.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#184 » by mohammed10 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:21 am

montestewart wrote:The Bulls once had a 72-10 record. The Wizards only have to do that for half a season to get good seed and maybe avoid the Heat until the ECF. When Beal returns healthy, they'll be ready to make their run.

Their run? For the border? Are we talkin' fourth meal here? Because that's the only run I see them making in this here season.

Ted will never learn...
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,824

Post#185 » by tontoz » Sat Feb 2, 2013 3:33 am

Are playoff tickets on sale yet?
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#186 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 2, 2013 6:54 pm

mohammed10 wrote:
montestewart wrote:The Bulls once had a 72-10 record. The Wizards only have to do that for half a season to get good seed and maybe avoid the Heat until the ECF. When Beal returns healthy, they'll be ready to make their run.

Their run? For the border? Are we talkin' fourth meal here? Because that's the only run I see them making in this here season.

Ted will never learn...

Well Boston has won 3 in a row and are up to .500 and the Wiz have lost 3 in a row. Beal is out. We didn't count on that happening. Randy has adjust by starting Temple. No one dreamed that would happen.

At this point, it looks more like Randy is not very good at his job or they are committed to taking again. or both.

At least by tanking we might see them move Nene to the bench so Wall can run more. Maybe Randy will even figure out Temple should not be the starting SG. I mean 6 pts in two starts is kind of screaming,

THIS WAS A STUPID MOVE.

Specially when you have ahhh, CRAWFORD sitting on the bench. And Webster if you are so inclined.
sashae
Bench Warmer
And1: 94

Post#187 » by sashae » Sat Feb 2, 2013 8:44 pm

ernie grunfeld: the perpetual dumpster fire of general management
hands11
Banned User

Post#188 » by hands11 » Fri Feb 8, 2013 12:17 am

Back to back wins against the Clippers and New York.

W 98-90
W 106-96

Better then losing but it just doesn't feel like it did before.

They have now beat OKC, Miami, Chicago, LAC and NY and they beat Portland (2x) , Devner, and Atlanta

Not bad for a team that is 13-35

Sad thing is, did we really have to lose 4 straight if Randy would have turned to Webster and Trevor A together like a said from the beginning. Guess we will never know.

Now not even a win over Brooklyn will get us back to where we felt before.

But it would be sweet to see happen.
hands11
Banned User

Post#189 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 9, 2013 2:41 am

Yeah, beating Brooklyn like that was pretty sweet.

LAC W 98-90
NY W 106-96
Bkyn W 89-74

Three in a row. That is officially a winning streak.

Kind of gets you excited to see if they can make it 4 with a win against MIK.

I guess the real challenge is, can they beat team that aren't the best in the division.

Hopefully Randy keep the line ups the same since they are winning. Beal really didn't show he had his game. No reason to change anything.

Crawford is officially out of the rotation. First DNP Coaches decision of the year. Which I'm fine with. This game they added Beal back into the mix. No reason to throw to many players out there when what you are doing is working.

Finally jumped to 3rd worst. From here, they can climb to 10th pretty fast. Only 4 games separate them from that.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#190 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 9, 2013 2:48 am

Bye bye Beal.
hands11
Banned User

Post#191 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 9, 2013 11:00 am

Zonkerbl wrote:
MDStar wrote:Yeah, that was most certainly disappointing but it was still just one game. No one ever said that we would win EVERY game and maybe the Kings are a bad match-up for us. I look at it like this, most of us were felt just as disappointed after the 1st Kings game. Then we went 4-2 over the next 6 games. With those two losses being very competitive at the end verse the Clippers and Jazz. Who knows what will happen but to jump off the "Kool-Aid" ship, after one lose, seems a bit premature.

Playoffs were always a pipe dream, however playing above .500 ball is still a major turnaround and still very much in play for this team and one lose two the Kings shouldn't change that perspective.

We are a flaky fanbase!

To make the playoffs, the wizards needed to win 17 of their next 20 home games. They just burned one of their three home losses on lowly Sacramento. So basically the hope of a playoff run extends as long as their home winning streak lasts. Didn't last long at all.

8-1 at home over the last 9 game. Man it sucks they lost to SAC at home. That was a very winnable game. Actually the lost to SAC on the road sucked just as bad. A 1 pt lose and a 2 pt lose.

If they keep up their new winning ways, they will look back at games like that and a several others I felt they should have won.

Anyway. Last time they had a 3 game home winning streak going, they went on the road and went 2-3 beating Denver and Portland and losing to SAC, LAC and Utah with SAC were Utah winnable games.

This is just a little mini road trip and they don't have to travel far.. MIL and DET

We have to pay back due to DET. I'm sure the Wiz are going to come out very focused on winning that two game mini road rip and heading into the ASB wanting to be the story.

Then the ASB

If they can sweep those, they are back home for 3 more games after getting all rested up. Considering how they are playing at home, look like they could be racking up a few more wins.

Nene could use the rest I'm sure. He has been looking more and more in shape but a little rest would do him good. Beal should return fully healed. A little break would probably be good for Wall as well.

Its taken a good bit of the season, but the team is finally healing up and getting in game shape. But we kind of knew this going into the season for the most part.
hands11
Banned User

Post#192 » by hands11 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:41 am

http://www.truthaboutit.net/2013/02/the ... ation.html

Ahh, the sweet taste of Kool-Aid.

"After Friday night’s 89-74 win over the Brooklyn Nets, I took a look at which players were leading the way the two new categories. In Contest%, it was Jan Vesely (87%), Garrett Temple (85%) and Bradley Beal (83%). John Wall (69%) and Jordan Crawford (64%) were bringing up the rear.

As for Deflections, Emeka Okafor was running away from the competition with 197. Behind him were Trevor Ariza (134), Kevin Seraphin (125), Beal (121), Nene (114) and Vesely (102). Wall, playing in 16 games this season, is already at 59."

This team is forming the foundation of being a royal pain in the asses of a lot of teams.

From there, I think this defensive effort is going to snowball and only get better. Now we need to get Beal back in the grove he was in before his injury so we can start blowing some teams off the court

Wizards Style
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#193 » by montestewart » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:52 am

hands11 wrote:http://www.truthaboutit.net/2013/02/the-charge-board-2-0-a-winning-combination.html

Ahh, the sweet taste of Kook-Aid.

After Friday night’s 89-74 win over the Brooklyn Nets, I took a look at which players were leading the way the two new categories. In Contest%, it was Jan Vesely (87%), Garrett Temple (85%) and Bradley Beal (83%). John Wall (69%) and Jordan Crawford (64%) were bringing up the rear.

As for Deflections, Emeka Okafor was running away from the competition with 197. Behind him were Trevor Ariza (134), Kevin Seraphin (125), Beal (121), Nene (114) and Vesely (102). Wall, playing in 16 games this season, is already at 59.

This team is forming the foundation of being a royal pain in the asses of a lot of teams.

From there, I think this defensive effort is going to snowball and only get better. Now we need to get Beal back in the grove he was in before his injury so we can start blowing some teams off the court

Wizards Style

Fixed. When quoting another writer, it's usually considered good manners to use quotation marks or some other device to indicate which is your original text and which is quoted text.

I'm glad you've finally changed from Kool-Aid to Kook-Aid.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#194 » by TGW » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:42 pm

montestewart wrote:

:lol:
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,824

Post#195 » by tontoz » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:05 pm

Coolaid to Kool-Aid to Kook Aid

Hopefully they won't loose tonight so they can keep this thread going. Don't want another lose to bring on the bitter beer face from the Kook-Aid.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
hands11
Banned User

Post#196 » by hands11 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:05 am

TGW wrote:
montestewart wrote:

God I hope all 3 of you are 20 or younger. If not :o
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#197 » by TGW » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:32 am

hands11 wrote:
TGW wrote:
montestewart wrote:

Aww lighten up hands...all in good fun. It was pretty funny.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#198 » by montestewart » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:40 am

hands11 wrote:
TGW wrote:
montestewart wrote:

Wait, there's three of us? I think someone pulled a switcharoo
hands11
Banned User

Post#199 » by hands11 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:12 am

hands11 wrote:http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/1/11/3866158/john-wall-injury-washington-wizards-saturday-timetable

Buckle up Wiz fans. Here we go.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzCsDVfPQqk[/youtube]

Nene says, Wall is fast. Big smiles from Nene. Seems really happy to play tomorrow.

http://www.nba.com/wizards/video/2013/0 ... mv-2351616

Only MEM has beat both Miami and OKC. And the Wiz beat OKC without Wall, Crawford and Nene :o
Mem is .697 at 23-10 :wink:

http://www.nba.com/wizards/video/2013/0 ... ov-2351352
Randy is giddy happy.

Elvis has left the building. :rockon:

The bus has left the station. We will double back later for the non believers.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#200 » by closg00 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:31 am

We play DET and Toronto twice this month, gotta continue the run.

Return to Washington Wizards