ImageImageImage

Rubio Thread Seis (VI)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI) 

Post#661 » by kmgarnett21 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:18 pm

I thought this was hilarious. After the Cavs/Wolves game, SportsCenter did a segment on Rubio, but all Legler talked about was Rubio's turnovers and how he needs to cut down on them and shoot at a higher percentage. He didn't mention one second that 1) Rubio's coming off major surgery or 2) that Rubio's been playing at a decent level the past 2 weeks. All the ESPN moron talked about was criticizing him for the turnovers and poor shooting. What a tool.
Elendur
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#662 » by Elendur » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:31 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBls56oh0q4[/youtube]

Hi everybody!

and "'Taluego" :wave:
Supporting Minnesota teams from Spain since Ricky Rubio was "impressive" at the airport.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#663 » by Mattya » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:43 pm

Ricky gave him the sexy eyes.
nbanflguy
Freshman
And1: 320

Rubio is back 

Post#664 » by nbanflguy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:38 am

After tearing his acl late last season, Ricky Rubio worked hard to rehab and get back to playing the game he loves. He came back around the time you would expect someone to return from acl surgey, buthe was not the same player from last year, not even close. Through 15 games he was shooting only 23% from the field and looked tentative and scared. There was flashes of his former self, but thats all it was, just flashes. Now he finally looks to have shook off the rust and tentative mindset and he is back to the Ricky we saw last year.

Last 10 games:
13.1 ppg
8.6 apg
3.2 rpg
2.4 spg
42% from the field
33% from 3

This is while missing most of the team. He looks like the Rubio of old and hopefully he continues to improves.
Malato
Junior
And1: 4

Post#665 » by Malato » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:01 am

Pek... You are an awesome player but... just listen to Rubio, please:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO9MiYP5mqw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#666 » by Murphs56 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:41 am

Malato wrote:Pek... You are an awesome player but... just listen to Rubio, please:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO9MiYP5mqw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

He'll never listen
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#667 » by NikolaPekovic » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:43 am

no other point guard i would want on my team :D
Whateva
Pro Prospect
And1: 36

Post#668 » by Whateva » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:28 pm

last 6 games :

15ppg
3.5 rpg
10.0 apg
2.33 spg
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#669 » by kmgarnett21 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:42 pm

All of the Pek hate is getting a little too much for me.

Also, I think it takes a large amount of energy for him to dunk it. Yes, he's 6'10 or whatever, but he's also 300 freakin pounds and he's not very athletic. He showed to start the 3rd qtr last night he can dunk, and he probably should as often as possible, but he's not going to be dunking on people like a prime Shaq used to.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#670 » by C.lupus » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:06 pm

I think Pek is really missing Love's presence.

Back to Rubio...nice game last night. It would have been nice to get the triple dub but oh well. I think the ten boards was initially a mistake. It seemed like Benz was saying he had 8 then next thing he said he had ten, then a couple minutes later he said they dropped it to nine.

Ricky really seems to ramp up his intensity in the fourth, trying to will his team to the victory. It's just too bad he doesn't have enough help. Guys are trying, they are just out-manned.
AttackTheRack
Junior
And1: 82

Post#671 » by AttackTheRack » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:56 pm

Way way outmanned.Thats an NBA team in name only.RR should get a cut of ticket sales.He's the only cat worth watching out there.
Malato
Junior
And1: 4

Post#672 » by Malato » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:24 pm

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,581

Post#673 » by Klomp » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:12 pm

Malato wrote:Image

Faked the camera guy out
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#674 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:21 am

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#675 » by Basti » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:59 am

Klomp wrote:http://hoopshype.com/videos/hoopshype/r ... st-amazing

Ricky is an awesome and very likable dude. The joy in his eyes when he talks about Rick was impressive to see. He also misses Love badly.

I wish I could have watched more games recently to see Ricky balling again. I guess I won't be able to watch many games in the next few weeks either. Too much work ahead :(
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#676 » by lobishome » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:54 am

Klomp wrote:
Malato wrote:Image

Faked the camera guy out

Nah, the Rubio's face was funner to watch than the dunk.

Basti wrote:
Klomp wrote:http://hoopshype.com/videos/hoopshype/r ... st-amazing

Ricky is an awesome and very likable dude. The joy in his eyes when he talks about Rick was impressive to see. He also misses Love badly.

I wish I could have watched more games recently to see Ricky balling again. I guess I won't be able to watch many games in the next few weeks either. Too much work ahead :(

I think Ricky could never speak bad words about Adelman and Kahn, except in a unexpected scenario (Kahn finds Rubio with his wife or something like that). Also, the Adelman's personal situation requires love and understanding, not bad words.

But the fact is this season is almost done and we must talk about the next. I Think Adelman will continue with team, but I don't if Love and Kahn will do it. And after watch the video I have some questions about this :

Who will be the GM at next season?

Will Kevin Love be with us next season? and if the answer is NO, What kind of players must we sign, young players, veterans or a mix?

When the team will do a contract extension offer to Rubio? Was he willing to sign?

What kind of project we'll have? Long term, medium term, short term, no term? Until Taylor can find interested investors?

Who ... Will be ... When ... What :dontknow:
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#677 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#678 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:49 pm

“@APkrawczynski: Rubio was asked how he saw Beal for the baseline between legs pass in rising stars game: "I have eyes in my back."”

Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#679 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:24 pm

Klomp wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/bdl-interview-ricky-rubio-being-fancy-becoming-leader-220828836--nba.html

Try to run the team as a point guard, as a man. - Ricky Rubio

I love that quote.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,043

Post#680 » by sisibilio » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:01 pm

http://nba.si.com/2013/02/25/ricky-rubi ... berwolves/
Great article about Ricky's renaissance :)

Players who capture the NBA world’s imagination have the misfortune of bearing the highest of public hopes, and it was under that burden that Ricky Rubio’s season seemed buried.

The point guard’s return from the ACL tear that he sustained in March was highly anticipated after his exhilarating rookie season. That the injury-plagued Timberwolves badly needed the spark he provided as a first-year player and the promise that his very presence might provide only added to the expectations.

But when Rubio finally did make his season debut on Dec. 15, he looked to be a completely different player. Some rust was to be expected after nine months without game action, but as the weeks wore on, Rubio only seemed to grow more tentative. The charms of his game were unsettled by worry and likely by lingering soreness, and the Wolves did their best to compete alongside a poor imitation of their franchise-changing floor leader.

I couldn’t tell you what happened to Rubio on Feb. 3 (a cosmic event? A particularly focused meditation session? An especially fulfilling meal?), but in a single off-day he reverted to wonderfully spirited form. Rubio had shown glimpses of his fuller game on rare occasions, but it was in a close loss to the Trail Blazers that the Spaniard finally rediscovered his basketball self. He finished with 15 points and 14 assists, and the 22-year-old hasn’t looked back since. In the last nine games, Rubio has averaged 15 points, 9.9 assists, 3.8 turnovers and 3.2 steals per 36 minutes while playing far more aggressively with the ball.

The fact that his scoring has jumped so significantly isn’t a coincidence of hot shooting, but a product of Rubio’s will. The tentativeness that defined his first 19 games is mostly absent of late, as Rubio has consistently made it a point to probe and attack defenses off the dribble. That’s quite an adjustment for a player whose lack of confidence around the rim has occasionally deterred him from driving, but the payoff has been profound. Here are a series of half-court plays showing Rubio’s assertiveness in getting into the paint and drawing fouls:
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves