ImageImageImageImageImage

Dwight alluding to staying with the Lakers?

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Lost Angel
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Dwight alluding to staying with the Lakers? 

Post#1 » by Lost Angel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:52 pm

http://www.lakersnation.com/dwight-howa ... 013/02/14/

although it doesnt say this in the link above, apparently his bodyguard/trainer/posse are alluding to the fact that D12 will not re-sign in LA...and apparently they are saying these type of things to season ticket holders...i don't know how true this is but the person who told me has been to every game this season and never has said anything like this before...he seems convinced that D12 is out.

of course we have to take that with a grain of salt, but if you were the GM, would you trade Dwight before the deadline?
Minge
Bench Warmer
And1: 6

Re: Dwight alluding to leaving the Lakers? 

Post#2 » by Minge » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:04 pm

It’s his decision to make and I can’t really say that I’d be disappointed.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#3 » by snaquille oatmeal » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:07 pm

the guy who knows a guy, who's a friend of a friend's brother in law said.......
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Kobean
Senior
And1: 27

Post#4 » by Kobean » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Who do you suggest we trade him for?
Lost Angel
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#5 » by Lost Angel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:27 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:the guy who knows a guy, who's a friend of a friend's brother in law said.......

i clearly stated i dont know how true this is, and that we should take it with a grain of salt. how many times have I ever said anything like this on the forum?

now back to actually discussing this topic.

to be honest, i still don't know if I would trade him at this point. I think I'd take the risk to turn the season around and convince D12 that it will be his team. He needs to have a bit of patience.

i'd be happy to sign and trade him in the offseason so he can get 5 years, but I wouldnt let him dictate where he wants to go. Dallas isn't in that great shape. Houston looks good, but only would get 4 years.

if I had to trade him, I'd want a star wing player and a competent big man. Would have to roll the dice on making Gasol the 5 again.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,511

Post#6 » by Michael Lucky » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:44 pm

Honestly I don't care all that much if he leaves or not. Let's face it we aren't winning a championship next year either and I have serious doubts that he'll ever be the same player he was pre back surgery. If he isn't the player he once was and simply is more of what we've had this year then he'll never be a player we can build around for championships. At that point i'd just take my risks in free agency in 14 and 15 and build a new team, hopefully one that has better chemistry than this one.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#7 » by ROballer » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:05 pm

Minge wrote:It’s his decision to make and I can’t really say that I’d be disappointed.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
DrewBynum77
Lead Assistant
And1: 322

Post#8 » by DrewBynum77 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:26 pm

ROballer wrote:
Minge wrote:It’s his decision to make and I can’t really say that I’d be disappointed.

I third' that. I don't really care about what D12 does or does not. If Drew hadn't got down with injury I'd probably be on suicide list for doubting him so much.
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#9 » by Cashin out » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:12 pm

I mean can we really blame him if he wants to leave, just look at how this season has gone so far.

1.LA media has blamed him for most of the Lakers struggles.
2.Kobe has called him out in the media.
3.He gets booed at home games.
4.Dantoni called him out saying he is not hurt.

Why would he resign, it seems like everybody in LA wants him gone, even the media wants him to leave LA.

*What I find funny, is that people that want him gone, all of a sudden they get mad because he wants to leave. Hold up I thought you didn't care if he left?
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Post#10 » by One Love » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:21 pm

D12 is a cancer & not a winner... He is a injured athlete that relies on athleticism... The most realistic option is a 3 team trade with Nets & Minny that nets us K Love (18 & 14), Brooks (young solid wing) & include Duhon (salary dump)... Nets get D12 & Minny gets Lopez... Obviously other pieces need to be involved... Nets want D12 & Minny doesn't want to pay Pekovic (Lopez is better)... It works for everyone...
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#11 » by Kilroy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:23 pm

He's deserved every bit of criticism he's gotten.

Everyone wants him to stay, they just want him to want to stay, and play like it.

Everyone keeps hoping Dwight gets it and plays like it, and when he doesn't they get pissed.

Not sure why any of this is still confusing to you.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
HiiiPOWER
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#12 » by HiiiPOWER » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:40 pm

Kobean wrote:Who do you suggest we trade him for?

Tyson Chandler/Steve Novak/Iman Shumpert
HiiiPOWER
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#13 » by HiiiPOWER » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:44 pm

DrewBynum77 wrote:
ROballer wrote:

I third' that. I don't really care about what D12 does or does not. If Drew hadn't got down with injury I'd probably be on suicide list for doubting him so much.

I know you like Bynum, but Bynum wasn't the answer as the franchise player going forward after Kobe either and that's regardless of this year's injury. Trading Bynum for Dwight was still a must. Dwight has more value and you always want the more valuable piece. If the Lakers are gonna deal Dwight than they should make sure they get more than they gave up for Bynum in return... or they could look at it like whatever they get for Dwight is what they actually got for Bynum.

Trade partners for Dwight are probably the Knicks, Bulls, Atlanta, and maybe Brooklyn. Dallas will probably want in, but they have nothing the Lakers would want unless they give up Dirk and multiple draft picks. If the Lakers put Dwight on the block it would shake up the trade deadline for sure and suitors would have to put their best deals on the table immediately because time is running out.
So Gutta
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Post#14 » by So Gutta » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:18 pm

Tell us where he's going to sign in free agency, please.
"Put five thousand bucks on the Lakers." --Krusty The Clown
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,460

Post#15 » by dockingsched » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:44 pm

1st post is totally confusing. "hey, here's a link to some article on a competing forum, even though it has nothing to do what im going to talk about"

not thread worthy :D

Kilroy wrote:He's deserved every bit of criticism he's gotten.

Everyone wants him to stay, they just want him to want to stay, and play like it.

Everyone keeps hoping Dwight gets it and plays like it, and when he doesn't they get pissed.

Not sure why any of this is still confusing to you.

this man just nailed it for you cashing out
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
minifang
Rookie
And1: 405

Post#16 » by minifang » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:46 pm

I find it really hard to imagine him walking away from an additional 30 million dollars and whatever bonuses Adidas will offer him for playing in a big market. This year is the fluke of all flukes. Things will only get better and the team is going to be all his after next year, when Kobe and Gasol's contract are up. Dwight will get his own era with the possible addition of Kevin Love.
The Purple and Gold
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#17 » by Danny Darko » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:42 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnTb3_wp5u4&list=UUHVeLqRwekel9X_kgEXmKOg&index=2[/youtube]
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Post#18 » by TyCobb » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:45 pm

6 more days.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
swag2011
Senior
And1: 17

Post#19 » by swag2011 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:01 pm

TyCobb wrote:6 more days.

until he's gone? i can't wait
Goochmeister
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#20 » by Goochmeister » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:14 pm

Like I'm sure most of us do, i feel like i have a love-hate thing going on with Dwight. I absolutely love him as our defensive anchor/monster rebounder. But when it comes him on the offensive side i cringe whenever he has the ball in the post. Maybe I'm not giving him a fair assessment since he's been hurt all year but based on what I've seen there is no way in hell he can be the main scoring threat on a championship team. If he stays then great hopefully next year when he's healthy he'll shut us up if he leaves then good luck to him because the last thing i want is a player who doesn't want to be here.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Return to Los Angeles Lakers