ImageImageImage

Putting Together Rumors (MN-PHI-ATL)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Re: Putting Together Rumors (MN-PHI-ATL) 

Post#21 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Pek isn't on the table for those guys, they're welcome to Ridnour and Williams though
phonzadellika
Rookie
And1: 178

Post#22 » by phonzadellika » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:16 pm

As much as I am intrigued by Evan Turner, I'm just not really excited to see the best center in TWolves history traded without a center prospect coming back that has the potential to be just as good.

I'd rather go Pek/KLove and hope that Pek can return to his 2011 offensive form.
Wolf_Cry
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,378

Post#23 » by Wolf_Cry » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Evan Turner doesn't do much for me. He doesn't solve our shooting or defensive perimeter issues. He's a ball handler yah....so that somewhat helps. I would NOT do this trade. In fact, I think Philly is fleecing everyone by giving up so little and getting back Josh Smith.
eyeteeth
Starter
And1: 147

Post#24 » by eyeteeth » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:42 pm

I could see a Luke/DWill for Turner type trade, but otherwise, no thanks. Also, if Turner is clashing with Doug Collins, he wouldn't even get off the bench under Adelman.
Figjamjr
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#25 » by Figjamjr » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:01 pm

Wolf_Cry wrote:Evan Turner doesn't do much for me. He doesn't solve our shooting or defensive perimeter issues. He's a ball handler yah....so that somewhat helps. I would NOT do this trade. In fact, I think Philly is fleecing everyone by giving up so little and getting back Josh Smith.

Exactly right. Pek is next best player after Smith so the Wolves should be getting Josh Smith. We don't need PHI involved. Pek and Dwill + a future protected 1st for Josh Smith. Then move Love to Center and let's play!
jfg
Junior
And1: 45

Post#26 » by jfg » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:17 am

I can see the value here for the team, but there has to be more. It would be a PR nightmare to trade Pek for role players no matter the reasoning.
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#27 » by mandurugo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:20 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:Pek isn't on the table for those guys, they're welcome to Ridnour and Williams though

Williams is not on the table, the wolves will regret trading him if they do. But speaking to Corey's concerns about Bynum - if PHI won't sign him, who would? He's an injury prone cancer. I wouldn't sign him for a less than the league min.
jfg
Junior
And1: 45

Post#28 » by jfg » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:17 am

I'm pretty sure every team in the league would sign Bynum to league minimum including Philly, I would bet every team in the league would sign him to a 5 million/3yr contract if they had the cap room... and I'm guessing that there will be at least a few teams who will gamble on him and give him 7-8 mil for 2-3 years. You become a lot less of a liability when you're not making 17 million a year.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 970

Post#29 » by Geaux_Hawks » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:20 pm

Is Hawes a target of the Wolves, and could him and Morrow be enough for D Will to be moved? I think Philly, Minny, and Atlanta are good partners for a decent trade to get everyone what they want.

Minny Trades: Williams and Ridnour
Minny Receives: Hawes and Morrow

Philly Trades: Hawes and Turner
Philly Receives: Josh Smith

Hawks Trade: Josh Smith and Morrow
Hawks Receive: Turner, Williams, and Ridnour

From a Hawks perspective, we are looking for a combo of expirings, picks, and young talent for Smith. Me personally, wouldn't mind having Williams and Turner going into the future. Hawes is more like insurance for if Pek leaves.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#30 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:54 pm

mandurugo wrote:
Devilzsidewalk wrote:Pek isn't on the table for those guys, they're welcome to Ridnour and Williams though

Williams is not on the table, the wolves will regret trading him if they do.

he might have the best rapport with ricky than anybody else on the team, but is still basically a spot up shooter w/ mediocre accuracy that can sneak in for an alley oop every once in awhile. No post game, very little face up game, no mid range game. I'd move him for any solid SG.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#31 » by C.lupus » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:35 am

Geaux_Hawks wrote:Is Hawes a target of the Wolves, and could him and Morrow be enough for D Will to be moved? I think Philly, Minny, and Atlanta are good partners for a decent trade to get everyone what they want.

Minny Trades: Williams and Ridnour
Minny Receives: Hawes and Morrow

Philly Trades: Hawes and Turner
Philly Receives: Josh Smith

Hawks Trade: Josh Smith and Morrow
Hawks Receive: Turner, Williams, and Ridnour

From a Hawks perspective, we are looking for a combo of expirings, picks, and young talent for Smith. Me personally, wouldn't mind having Williams and Turner going into the future. Hawes is more like insurance for if Pek leaves.

That's not bad, imo, but I think Williams is more likely to be dealt in the offseason since Love isn't due back for another month.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves