Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

ESPN.com writer thinks we should trade for Eric Gordon 

Post#1 » by LedZepp007 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:05 pm

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=2469
By Joe Kaiser
The NBA's highly anticipated trade deadline is this Thursday, and there continues to be buzz that New Orleans could deal Eric Gordon. Dallas, Houston and Golden State are three teams reported to be interested in the sweet-shooting two-guard out of Indiana, but Milwaukee could offer a good fit.

Here's the thing about Milwaukee. The Bucks currently have two talented guards in Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis that probably aren't long for the roster. The feeling is that Jennings' decision to recently change agents was made to set him up for a big pay day in a bigger market, and just yesterday Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe wrote that Ellis is expected to decline his $11 million player option for next season and become a free agent.

It's clear that the Bucks need more stability and certainty in the backcourt going forward, and the irony is that Gordon -- someone who has done the exact opposite in New Orleans -- is a player who might be able to offer it in Milwaukee. Now, this is pure speculation on my part, but if Milwaukee offered up Ellis and a young talent like Tobias Harris for Gordon, which team would say no?

Such a deal would not only work, it would also allow Milwaukee to get past the Ellis era with a young player in Gordon who is from the Midwest and also signed for three seasons beyond this one. Adding a talent the caliber of Gordon via the free agent route is pretty much out of the question in Milwaukee, and other than getting lucky in the draft this is one of the only ways the Bucks can add a borderline star. The big question is whether Gordon would stop being a headache in Milwaukee, and if he could stay injury-free as well.

From New Orleans' perspective, they would be able to shed the money owed to Gordon and also would get a dynamic scorer in Ellis who is from the South and thus, might be more inclined to return for $11 million (his player option) with the Pelicans next season. On top of that, adding someone like Harris would give New Orleans a young talent with big potential at their weakest position.

Again, this is pure speculation, and it'd be a serious roll of the dice by both teams, but it's a trade that makes a lot of sense on a number of levels.
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Re: Possibility of Gordon (ESPN) 

Post#2 » by JimmyTheKid » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:14 pm

I'm down.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#3 » by eagle13 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:14 pm

New Orleans could deal Eric Gordon. Dallas, Houston and Golden State are three teams reported to be interested
And how much interest in ellis? <crickets>
if Milwaukee offered up Ellis and a young talent like Tobias Harris for Gordon, which team would say no?
New Orleans
superelkman
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#4 » by superelkman » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:14 pm

I think its more likely we trade for Ben Gordon than Eric Gordon.
Buck Brewpacker
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Buck Brewpacker » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:16 pm

If Eric Gordon stops acting like Eric Gordon and enjoys himself in Milwaukee, I do that in a split second. I love Tobbies potential, but Eric Gordon fills a huge void; w/ 3 years left on the contract nonetheless. This completely depends on Gordon's willingness to enjoy himself in Milwaukee.
Burton_D_Guster
Junior
And1: 15

Post#6 » by Burton_D_Guster » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:18 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:I'm down.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#7 » by whatthe_buck!? » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:20 pm

superelkman wrote:I think its more likely we trade for Ben Gordon than Eric Gordon.

That's actually who I assumed was being referred to in the thread title before I opened the thread lol. I think the bucks acquiring a young player the caliber of an Eric Gordon by the deadline is an extremely remote possibility at this point, hope I'm dead wrong of course...
DWagner85
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: ESPN.com writer thinks we should trade for Eric Gordon 

Post#8 » by DWagner85 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:22 pm

A small market team like Milwaukee can not afford to have an oft injured player as the cornerstone of the team. First with Michael Redd, then with Andrew Bogut, we cannot afford to deal with Eric Gordan now as well. Not to mention he as well has the same mindset that we all hate so much in Brandon, that mindset that they should dictate where they play.
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Post#9 » by LedZepp007 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:22 pm

whatthe_buck!? wrote:
superelkman wrote:I think its more likely we trade for Ben Gordon than Eric Gordon.

That's actually who I assumed was being referred to in the thread title before I opened the thread lol. I think the bucks acquiring a young player the caliber of an Eric Gordon by the deadline is an extremely remote possibility at this point, hope I'm dead wrong of course...

There's no reason for NO to do that deal unless: Monta says that he will opt in and/or they hate Gordon (I don't think they do). Also, Gordon would have to approve the trade. Fat chance indeed.
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,319

Post#10 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:27 pm

whatthe_buck!? wrote:

This is the Gordon to go after-

Team meals = off the chain.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Steve210
Pro Prospect
And1: 79

Post#11 » by Steve210 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:29 pm

I'm not sure if Monta and Tobias would be enough to get this deal done? If we were able to pull something off with NO to bring in Gordon, then I think a good move would be to hire Kelvin Sampson who coached Gordon at Indiana.
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,245

Post#12 » by The Wet Whistle » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:37 pm

eagle13 wrote:
if Milwaukee offered up Ellis and a young talent like Tobias Harris for Gordon, which team would say no?
New Orleans

:lol: I thought the exact same thing
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,729

Post#13 » by DanoMac » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:37 pm

To revisit my trade from before:

Milwaukee Out: Brandon Jennings, Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh, Top 10 Protected 1st
Milwaukee In: Eric Gordon, Andre Miller

New Orleans Out: Eric Gordon
New Orleans In: Roddy Beaubois, Wilson Chandler, Anthony Randolph, Top 10 Protected 1st (MIL), Lottery Protected 1st (DAL)

Denver Out: Andre Miller, Wilson Chandler, Anthony Randolph, 2nd Round Pick
Denver In: Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh

Dallas Out; Roddy Beaubois, Lottery Protected 1st
Dallas In: Brandon Jennings, 2nd Round Pick (DEN)
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#14 » by Badgerlander » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:39 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
whatthe_buck!? wrote:

no this is the one
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#15 » by whatthe_buck!? » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:39 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
whatthe_buck!? wrote:

Lol. Not to mention adding more disciplinarianism to the Bucks as an organization than boylan, kohl, and the entire bucks FO provide combined. Savy thinking Supreme...
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#16 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:43 pm

My turn:

step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#17 » by step3profit » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:49 pm

RandyBreuer
Sixth Man
And1: 174
Location: hoistin' 3s like Delfino, pimpin' 4 recruits like Pitino

Post#18 » by RandyBreuer » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:53 pm

on draft night 09 I predicted Jennings to the Clips for Gordon in the prediction thread
had that happened who knows? maybe Gordon would be with the Bucks now on the same contract and with a better PG than Jennings
Drugbust wrote
"Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities"

In Horst we trust.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#19 » by Badgerlander » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:54 pm

http://nba.si.com/2013/02/18/monta-elli ... kee-bucks/
SI Monta Ellis’ unique game makes him difficult to trade or build around
The Bucks are positioned (and due) for an overhaul, and figure to be involved in much of the chatter leading up to this week’s trade deadline as the recently extended John Hammond susses out the best course of action. The future of the head coaching position is still undecided, though Jim Boylan has done a respectable job in an interim position. Brandon Jennings will be a restricted free agent, but is reportedly seeking a far larger contract than he’s actually worth. Three rotation-level role players are on expiring deals, and the Bucks will need to account for a potential extension for Larry Sanders in a year’s time.

All of which makes it easy to forget that high-scoring guard Monta Ellis also has the potential to enter free agency if he so wishes — an outcome that Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe refers to as being “expected.” Ellis has an early termination option that would allow him to opt-out of the final season of his six-year agreement with the Bucks, though in doing so he would leave $11 million on the table.

The chance that Ellis might bolt from Milwaukee this summer should give the Bucks some pause in navigating a potential reboot. Teams in this position can’t afford to give up useful players without receiving something in return, and yet re-signing Ellis could prove to be a terrible mistake for a franchise that may be best served by moving on. That’s true for exactly the same reason that the Bucks may have trouble getting any value in a potential liquidation trade; as good a scorer as Ellis is, he’s a very particular talent that requires specific conditions to be successful.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#20 » by emunney » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks