ImageImage

Predict what the Bucks ACTUALLY do at the trade deadline

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Re: Predict what the Bucks ACTUALLY do at the trade deadline 

Post#141 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:16 pm

Release C Joel Przybilla and sign G Jermaine Jackson to two 10 day contracts and ultimately for the remainder of the season.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#142 » by eagle13 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:17 pm

Hammond will once again fail to get anything for our expirings - Ellis, Dalembert, Udrih, Dunleavy will all walk w/o us getting any compensation.
BJ will threaten to walk & we'll grossly overpay.
Kohl will NOT amnesty gooden.
we'll trade back in the draft.

Pls just don't trade sanders or henson and IF you trade ersan or harris make it count. Josh don;t count. Hence -
ersan harris udoh for smith who refuses to report and takes cancer to new levels and forces a terrible S&T.
DWagner85
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#143 » by DWagner85 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Bucks are going to trade Ersan, Henson, and Dalembert

To Hawks

Hawks trade Josh Smith and Kyle Korver

This trade makes too much sense for what each team is looking at in the future.

Josh Smith can have three times the effect John Salmons did during the FTD campaign, and if it does work, I feel that Jennings will be kept at 4 yrs 40m, Ellis will opt out and resign for 5 yrs 55m, and Smith will sign for 5 yrs 75m. 36m for our big 3 gives us enough cap room to still extend Sanders, and add solid veterans on 2 yr deals tom complete the team. Jennings, Ellis, Smith and Sanders is a team I would enjoy watching on a nightly basis, and would be a winning team.

I know a lot of you have a wet dream of the Bucks blowing it up and Wiggins in a Bucks uniform, but why destroy something now that is one piece away from being a top 3 team in the East for a solid 5-6 year run? Maybe we get lucky and Tobias Harris develops and we have a complete 5 man rotation, which could make us a title contending team.

The Hawks love this trade because they get Ersan, a stretch player, to pair up with Dwight Howard who they have a good shot to get in the off-season. Jeff Teague, Lou Will, Ersan, Horford, and Howard is a very good team on offense, and Howard may have more inspiration to play for his hometown, anchoring the defense.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#144 » by mlloyd10 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:40 pm

DWagner85 wrote:Bucks are going to trade Ersan, Henson, and Dalembert

To Hawks

Josh Smith can have three times the effect John Salmons did during the FTD campaign, and if it does work, I feel that Jennings will be kept at 4 yrs 40m, Ellis will opt out and resign for 5 yrs 55m, and Smith will sign for 5 yrs 75m. 36m for our big 3 gives us enough cap room to still extend Sanders, and add solid veterans on 2 yr deals tom complete the team. Jennings, Ellis, Smith and Sanders is a team I would enjoy watching on a nightly basis, and would be a winning team.

I know a lot of you have a wet dream of the Bucks blowing it up and Wiggins in a Bucks uniform, but why destroy something now that is one piece away from being a top 3 team in the East for a solid 5-6 year run? Maybe we get lucky and Tobias Harris develops and we have a complete 5 man rotation, which could make us a title contending team.

The Hawks love this trade because they get Ersan, a stretch player, to pair up with Dwight Howard who they have a good shot to get in the off-season. Jeff Teague, Lou Will, Ersan, Horford, and Howard is a very good team on offense, and Howard may have more inspiration to play for his hometown, anchoring the defense.

No thanks to that....Thats 44mil for 4 guys
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#145 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:46 pm

If I was loaded I'd certainly pay Smith, Jennings and Ellis to be on the same team. You can't pay enough for comedy like that.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
DWagner85
Banned User

Post#146 » by DWagner85 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:46 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:

To Hawks

Which is what every team will pay for 3-4 top players if they are competing, I cannot seem to grip what people want, do you want to win/compete, or do you want to go back into the gutter with no light at the end of the tunnel?

I prefer this trade, because it is not a guarentee we resign all 3 of Jennings, Ellis, and Smith. Though I would assure we resign two of the three and extend Sanders. I like that future, and you still have flexibility if you fill the remaining roster with 2 yr veterans.

I feel the mistake would be to resign all 4 of them, and then offer 5-6m to two more players on a deal longer then 2 years. That removes any chance you have to flex around with the roster.
DWagner85
Banned User

Post#147 » by DWagner85 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:48 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:If I was loaded I'd certainly pay Smith, Jennings and Ellis to be on the same team. You can't pay enough for comedy like that.

I love you man :D
mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#148 » by mlloyd10 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:52 pm

DWagner85 wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:

To Hawks

Which is what every team will pay for 3-4 top players if they are competing, I cannot seem to grip what people want, do you want to win/compete, or do you want to go back into the gutter with no light at the end of the tunnel?

I prefer this trade, because it is not a guarentee we resign all 3 of Jennings, Ellis, and Smith. Though I would assure we resign two of the three and extend Sanders. I like that future, and you still have flexibility if you fill the remaining roster with 2 yr veterans.

I feel the mistake would be to resign all 4 of them, and then offer 5-6m to two more players on a deal longer then 2 years. That removes any chance you have to flex around with the roster.

You cant fill a team like that, especially for the Bucks. After next year, its going to be hard for any team to go over the cap. The way you broke it down is your going to fill 9 roster spots with 9 mil
milweskee
Starter
And1: 331

Post#149 » by milweskee » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:05 am

I'm thinking I'll post here after I see who all logs minutes tomorrow night.

:reporter:
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#150 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:07 am

DWagner85 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:If I was loaded I'd certainly pay Smith, Jennings and Ellis to be on the same team. You can't pay enough for comedy like that.

I just don't get it. You talk about how we need to improve our D. You bring in Smith to do that but then you bring back two of the biggest liabilities on the defensive end, which put more pressure on Smith and Larry? It isn't like bringing in Smith sets up those guys to succeed on offense either, all of those guys live, and usually die, by their jumpshot. You still have the same problem as well of having nobody that can get the ball into their teammates hands too. Our offense doesn't improve at all. Much like when we brought in Monta, sure Smith would give us a few more wins, he can break out any given game. He also shoots you out of just as many games, like Brandon and Monta do. I seriously don't get how you think a team can succeed with 3 idiots like that as your best three guys.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#151 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:23 am

My Prediction

Hawks get: Moute/T Jones
Bucks get: Smith
Rockets get: Dalembert
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#152 » by WRau1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:27 am

I bet Bucks trade our 1st, Sanders, Henson and Harris for someone like Al Jefferson or Josh Smith. Oh, and something equally as stupid like Ersan for Ariza.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
BuckPack
Starter
And1: 802

Post#153 » by BuckPack » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:30 am

As I've been saying for a while, I'd bet on something little, but won't rule out something big (particularly given the developments of the last two weeks or so). Too early to do the latter.
mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#154 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:49 am

BuckPack wrote:As I've been saying for a while, I'd bet on something little, but won't rule out something big (particularly given the developments of the last two weeks or so). Too early to do the latter.

Do you care if we have a thread just for your hearings?
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#155 » by LUKE23 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:58 am

No chance in hell I'd include Henson in a Josh Smith deal.
BuckPack
Starter
And1: 802

Post#156 » by BuckPack » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:59 am

mlloyd10 wrote:
BuckPack wrote:As I've been saying for a while, I'd bet on something little, but won't rule out something big (particularly given the developments of the last two weeks or so). Too early to do the latter.

Do you care if we have a thread just for your hearings?

Yeah, I don't really want that.

N8Frog can have all the skepticism he wants--I certainly don't hear anything close to everything and have never pretended to. I like giving my personal opinion as much as anything. But I have passed along quite a bit of info previously and I often caveat with my own opinion. Not going to scorecard what I've passed along previously.
DWagner85
Banned User

Post#157 » by DWagner85 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:59 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
DWagner85 wrote:

I just don't get it. You talk about how we need to improve our D. You bring in Smith to do that but then you bring back two of the biggest liabilities on the defensive end, which put more pressure on Smith and Larry? It isn't like bringing in Smith sets up those guys to succeed on offense either, all of those guys live, and usually die, by their jumpshot. You still have the same problem as well of having nobody that can get the ball into their teammates hands too. Our offense doesn't improve at all. Much like when we brought in Monta, sure Smith would give us a few more wins, he can break out any given game. He also shoots you out of just as many games, like Brandon and Monta do. I seriously don't get how you think a team can succeed with 3 idiots like that as your best three guys.

Are you like God's gift to basketball or something? Are you a GM in disguise?

You seem to call everyone an idiot, so who to you is not an idiot that you want to build this team around?

Do not say any of the rookies we could get next 2-3 years, because for all we know, they can be even more cancerous then Dwight was to Orlando.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#158 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:05 am

DWagner85 wrote:You seem to call everyone an idiot, so who to you is not an idiot that you want to build this team around?

One guy I would love for us to get is an idiot, DeMarcus Cousins. There aren't a lot of guys who are idiots in the league. When you do not use your skill set to the best of your ability, or even most of the time, I would classify you as an idiot. Josh Smith and Monta fall into that category. Brandon is an idiot because he's a pouty little brat, to a much smaller extent like Cousins. He tries and does use his strengths, but he isn't very good. I'm certainly not the only one who classifies these guys as idiots, and it surely isn't just Bucks fans that do it either.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,741

Post#159 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:26 am

Woj:

Three teams that league GM's on phones believe will make significant moves before trade deadline: Atlanta, Milwaukee and Phoenix.
mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#160 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:57 am

I predict that we do something

Return to Milwaukee Bucks