ImageImageImage

Ridnour "being shopped"

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Re: Ridnour "being shopped" 

Post#141 » by AQuintus » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:35 pm

theGreatRC wrote: Our problem isn't scoring.

???

Yes it is. This team is the worst shooting team in the league. Even with Love and Budinger back, 2 shooters isn't enough.
cojayar
Junior
And1: 106

Re: AW: Ridnour "being shopped" 

Post#142 » by cojayar » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:38 pm

AQuintus wrote:

???

Yes it is. This team is the worst shooting team in the league. Even with Love and Budinger back, 2 shooters isn't enough.

Still the problem is a poor defense. With better defense and rebounding you get better transitions and more points.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#143 » by Mattya » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:55 pm

The only area we are set at as a team when healthy is rebounding. We should be looking to improve every other area. Shooting, creating, finishing, defending the post and perimeter all need to be addressed.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#144 » by NewWolvesOrder » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:50 am

Defense is 100% effort and committment. At the beginning of the season we played very good defense. But the injuries and thin roster eventually wore the team down and once the losses started to pile up the belief and effort dropped and team defense went down.
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#145 » by Jukeness » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:56 am

Either you can play defense or you cant, some have it, some dont. But effort is a big part of it, players got to be willing to attempt to stay in front of their man.
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Re: AW: Ridnour 

Post#146 » by Tirion » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:27 am

cojayar wrote:
AQuintus wrote:

???

Still the problem is a poor defense. With better defense and rebounding you get better transitions and more points.

LOL @ people saying that 3pt shooting isn't the problem.

Good luck in playoffs.

Oh, I forgot, Wolves aren't making it there anyway.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#147 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:47 am

offense and defense as a whole are both bad - several games where opposing teams have flirted with 60% shooting for the game against them and bottom third in the league in multiple key offensive categories. They both go together - bad defensive possessions and you're starting your offense in the half court too much and bad offensive possessions and the other team is getting too many transition opportunities against your defense.

There's no way for us to go wrong, we just need some healthy talent wherever we can get it. Get some defenders and get some stops and create more transition opportunities, or get some shooters to help our offense and slow down the other team's offense, both work for me.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,705

Post#148 » by FinnTheHuman » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:51 pm

Yes, we have a lot of problems, but 3 point shooting is by far the biggest one.
Jukeness
Analyst

Post#149 » by Jukeness » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:36 pm

I'm really going to have to say that our biggest problem is being balanced. Why were we good last year, because we had balance in the team, even with lesser talent, we actually had guys who could do things for themselves and make shots instead of having a bunch of white guys that can pass.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,004

Post#150 » by shrink » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Doogie mentioned PHI being interested in Ridnour last week, but it looks like they just signed Jeremy Pargo for the rest of the season, so we may be able to cross them off the list.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#151 » by NikolaPekovic » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:07 pm

Biggest thing is shooters. Main thing we should be focused on.

Then maybe an athletic wing player or big man. Just need some athleticism on this team.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#152 » by NewWolvesOrder » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:09 pm

Jukeness wrote:I'm really going to have to say that our biggest problem is being balanced. Why were we good last year, because we had balance in the team, even with lesser talent, we actually had guys who could do things for themselves and make shots instead of having a bunch of white guys that can pass.

Wow, what a rubbish post :roll: I guess you just decided that it was your time to rant.
Jukeness
Analyst

Post#153 » by Jukeness » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:23 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:
Jukeness wrote:I'm really going to have to say that our biggest problem is being balanced. Why were we good last year, because we had balance in the team, even with lesser talent, we actually had guys who could do things for themselves and make shots instead of having a bunch of white guys that can pass.

Wow, what a rubbish post :roll: I guess you just decided that it was your time to rant.

Okay?
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#154 » by [RCG] » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:00 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:

?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#155 » by Dewey » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:59 am

I disagree completely. Last years team without Love (and Rubio for most of it) would have been a total collapse ... and they did without the Rube.

AK/Shved >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Beas/Wes by eons just for starters
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Jukeness
Analyst

Post#156 » by Jukeness » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:54 am

You cant not have balance, how are the Wolves going to succeed with no athletic players and basicaly no one who can create for themselves?
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#157 » by NikolaPekovic » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:14 am

Jukeness wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:

Okay?

he actually has a point. lets be real here. we have way too many white unathletic players who are great passers. nobody but shved or barea can create. we have no athleticism. etc..etc..
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#158 » by Murphs56 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:43 am

We need a healthy Love and Budinger to determine how good this team can be. Unfortunately, It's going to have to wait till next year. Even when Love and Bud get back in mid March, I don't think they'll be 100%. They'll most certainly be rusty.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#159 » by AQuintus » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:49 am

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Minnesota has been aggressive in offering multiple first-round picks for established talent, league sources tell Y!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,583

Post#160 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:58 am

AQuintus wrote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Minnesota has been aggressive in offering multiple first-round picks for established talent, league sources tell Y!

Reading other fans' replies are hilarious and head-scratching.

My, uh, favorite...

“@Peter_J_Novak: @ColbySpradlin Hard to match money there...maybe injured Brandon Roy (we'd waive him) and Alexy Shved for Marvin? I'd do that.”
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves