ESPN.com writer thinks we should trade for Eric Gordon

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,587

Re: ESPN.com writer thinks we should trade for Eric Gordon 

Post#61 » by blazza18 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:14 am

whatthe_buck!? wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:http://www.hornets247.com/2013/02/18/eric-gordon-trade-watch-negotiating-a-deal-with-milwaukee/

Like Jeremy, I laugh all the way to kohls office for a mutual masturbation session after the first one, the second one I am completely disgusted by...

Same here. I'd hate to give up Tobes but this is a deal I'd be happy with.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#62 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:15 am

DWagner85 wrote:
weezybaby856 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Yea great post Weezy.

We would be pretty good trading partners with New Orleans, we just have to hope Hammond and eventually Kohl see it this way. This could be a great opportunity to get something worth while back.

Couldn't agree more Blazza that this would be a great opportunity for this franchise. Gordon could be a true difference maker and he helps a heck of a lot right now and for the future as well.

Besides the fact he has had 4 different injuries, has a bad attitude, and honestly, I do not see a good work ethic in him.

I like Gordon a lot, but I agree, his injury history is a big red flag. You wonder how much of it is a lack of conditioning, and playing thru pain. Or if he just has a bad body, so to speak.

http://www.hornets247.com/2013/02/18/an ... y-history/
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#63 » by Ill-yasova » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:18 am

The most interesting part of that article to me was that the NO blogger held Jennings in such high regard. Jennings is a decent player with serious limitations when it comes to finishing at the rim and creating for others. Gives me hope that there are some GMs out there who would still be deluded enough to bite.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#64 » by CanadaBucks » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:20 am

I already used the Batman theme but I like her.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#65 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:23 am

CanadaBucks wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:http://www.hornets247.com/2013/02/18/eric-gordon-trade-watch-negotiating-a-deal-with-milwaukee/

That's interesting.....I take the first one for sure and probably the second as long as I get the choice.

This is the first one:

The Bucks receive Eric Gordon and Xavier Henry, who is a young player on an expiring contract, for Monta Ellis, Larry Sanders, Tobias Harris, and your 2013 1st round pick.

No way would I do that.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,717

Post#66 » by emunney » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:23 am

I'd do either of those trades. No Henson, though. Top 10 protected pick in this draft is not something to get worked up about and miss out on a trade for a difference maker.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#67 » by CanadaBucks » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:25 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote:

That's interesting.....I take the first one for sure and probably the second as long as I get the choice.

This is the first one:

The Bucks receive Eric Gordon and Xavier Henry, who is a young player on an expiring contract, for Monta Ellis, Larry Sanders, Tobias Harris, and your 2013 1st round pick.

No way would I do that.

I meant the first counter-proposal by Jeremy.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#68 » by CanadaBucks » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:26 am

emunney wrote:I'd do either of those trades. No Henson, though. Top 10 protected pick in this draft is not something to get worked up about and miss out on a trade for a difference maker.

That's what I meant when I said I wanted the choice. Harris and pick is fine.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#69 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:27 am

CanadaBucks wrote:I meant the first counter-proposal by Jeremy.

Ah, gotcha.
htr
Bench Warmer
And1: 61

Post#70 » by htr » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:28 am

No reason to give up anything more than Jennings and expirings. That should be a good enough offer and is fair.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,559

Post#71 » by Frank Nova » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:41 am

drew881 wrote:Not sure Monta, Harris, and expirings get it done. Jennings, Harris, and expirings might. I'm not sure what NO thinks about Vasquez, and I know he has some good stats, but I haven't seen him play this year. I think Jennings would be more marketable though.

U gotta look at Monta as 11 million in cap space rather than an actual basketball move. I mean like I said in my OP, u can sell Monta to ur casual fan base as an adequate replacement but he's all but guaranteed to hit UFA no matter where he plays the rest of the season. He will be looking to lock up guaranteed money years from now rather than 1 more year and risk lowering his value any more than he already has or risk getting a serious injury. So in retrospect its not Monta, Tobias and expirings, it's roughly 18 million in cap space and Tobias. My whole theory is that money talks, especially in the NBA and New Orleans is a desirable city to live so there will always be a market there in free agency. I personally think that a talented young prospect like Tobias and offering enough cap space to max out a star free agent when that becomes available is a more than reasonable return for any non superstar player. Because u also have to figure that if u were trying to trade for a superstar, that's exactly the type of package u would have to offer except u would be forced to add in 1st round draft pick(s) as well. Gordon hasn't hit superstar status yet so now is the time to strike now that he's clearly become available again via trade.

But u could also be 100% correct and Jennings could be the more enticing trade asset because maybe NOP does see him as the future PG and an upgrade over Grievis, in which case we should not hesitate to offer the same thing for Gordon and replace Monta with Jennings in the offer. Monta and EG could work because Monta has the ability to finish at the rim and draw defenders, but, I just personally believe that bringing in Gordon would help elevate Brandons game as a true PG and Brandons PG skill set is much better than Montas.

In my opinion, there's no way I let Brandon or Monta stop me from pulling the trigger on this deal. I'd even give them the choice if that made it more enticing for them and just keep the other for the rest of the season to run PG and deal with that situation after the playoffs. Or even more preferable, if its Jennings they'd want over Montas cap space, I'd try and make the move as quickly as possible and then try and move Monta for a more pure PG before the deadline passed. Maybe something like Monta for Jeff Teague and salary filler. Monta for Teague and Anthony Morrow or Deshawn Stevenson seems realistic because of the cap space Monta leaving Atl would provide which is exactly what Danny Ferry is looking for.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#72 » by whatthe_buck!? » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:43 am

emunney wrote:I'd do either of those trades. No Henson, though. Top 10 protected pick in this draft is not something to get worked up about and miss out on a trade for a difference maker.

I hear u. Ellis + Harris + 1st this year I could live with on its own probably. But I also feel like if we make that trade it puts us in a situation where we are forced to make BJ the pg of the future. The offseason combination of losing our pick and Harris plus signing Jennings to a huge contract makes me almost sick to my stomach. Jennings agent would play us just right knowing we have zero other options, i'd predict 14 mil per for BJ if that's the situation hambone is in this offseason...
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Post#73 » by LedZepp007 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:47 am

CanadaBucks wrote:

I would do both,.. Instantly. Again Canada and I agree.
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#74 » by CanadaBucks » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:49 am

whatthe_buck!? wrote:

I hear u. Ellis + Harris + 1st this year I could live with on its own probably. But I also feel like if we make that trade it puts us in a situation where we are forced to make BJ the pg of the future. The offseason combination of losing our pick and Harris plus signing Jennings to a huge contract makes me almost sick to my stomach. Jennings agent would play us just right knowing we have zero other options, i'd predict 14 mil per for BJ if that's the situation hambone is in this offseason...

Seriously the Bucks are not giving BJ 14m a year this offseason, if that was the plan he would have been signed already. There are lots of PGs available this off-season.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,969

Post#75 » by humanrefutation » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:53 am

CanadaBucks wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I think we should trade for LeBron and Durant, too.

I didn't know Eric Gordon was that good, we'll throw in Lamb as well.

LOL, it's not that. It's just that writer "thinks" we should trade for Gordon, not that he has any news that we're actively pursuing him. Just like I THINK we should go after LeBron and Durant, too.
RickInCali
Junior
And1: 1

Post#76 » by RickInCali » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:53 am

This idea is grotesque. If you could get Gordon to say "I did it for Jesus", you'd have Mike Redd's ghost, and I cannot stomach that whatsoever. I'd rather call OKC and get Lamb and Perkins bad contract. You save a lot of cash, a lot of entitled attitude and a lot of heartbreak when the guy is in pout-mode or injury mode. Gordon as face of the franchise? I'm done with this team if they do this.
We all need hope, but hope is not a plan.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#77 » by CanadaBucks » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:55 am

humanrefutation wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I think we should trade for LeBron and Durant, too.

I didn't know Eric Gordon was that good, we'll throw in Lamb as well.

LOL, it's not that. It's just that writer "thinks" we should trade for Gordon, not that he has any news that we're actively pursuing him. Just like I THINK we should go after LeBron and Durant, too.

Ok sorry :oops:
EzeDoesIt
Junior
And1: 10

Post#78 » by EzeDoesIt » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:01 am

Why do sports writers think anyone wants to sign Ellis, much less for $11 mil?
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,997

Post#79 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:02 am

do we still have the option to just give josh smith all that money and keep our young guys too? seems funny giving up better assets for the max guy with the lesser impact..... whose basically been out of play the last couple years with injury issues. whats the upside? let me guess.... is it ts%? do i win a prize?
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#80 » by LUKE23 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:05 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:do we still have the option to just give josh smith all that money and keep our young guys too? seems funny giving up better assets for the max guy with the lesser impact..... whose basically been out of play the last couple years with injury issues. whats the upside? let me guess.... is it ts%? do i win a prize?

Youth, talent, efficiency, and the fact he's not a rental. It's hilarious that you'd rather go after Josh Smith on a 30 game rental than a player like Gordon.

I remember when people were saying we shouldn't go after Stephen Curry for the exact same reasons we shouldn't now go after Gordon. That worked out well. Oh wait.... :lol:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks